DEF delete piping

DEF delete piping

This is a discussion on DEF delete piping within the RAM 1500 Diesel Builds forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Has anyone here that good or bad experiences with a manufacturer of DEF delete typing designed for our trucks? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: DEF delete piping

Member #
    Liked
    16 times

DEF delete piping

Has anyone here that good or bad experiences with a manufacturer of DEF delete typing designed for our trucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4549 times
    I assume you mean DPF delete pipes. Here's a link to some past threads on this forum. https://www.google.com/search?q=dele...=1920&bih=1069 Do you already have an off road tune ready to install?

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    I assume you mean DPF delete pipes. Here's a link to some past threads on this forum. https://www.google.com/search?q=dele...=1920&bih=1069 Do you already have an off road tune ready to install?
    I will be ordering the tune to be installed the same day as the pipe, if I can find a good piping product.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    Flo Pro will not ship to USA and CFT only installs at their shop.

Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    There is a used one listed on this forums classifieds.
    97hmcs likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Big Horn QC 4X4 6.4 bed 3.92 LSD
    Liked
    3670 times
    First you generally don’t need a full delete just a regular tune which already turns off EGR and has a dramatically better regen strategy. I believe that’s even if you are deleting the EGR cooler in which case you just have to specify. If you are going full monte you don’t have to buy an aftermarket pipe you can also always just remove the original exhaust rod it out (naturally this all off road use only) and reinstall. Upon visual inspection it looks stock. In fact I believe it’s CFT that has a Y pipe you can use to replace the muffler and use the factory hangers and tail pipes. This saves about 40 pounds of dead weight and increases your available payload.
    Airstream TT & boat transporter. Factory trailer brake controller tow mirrors & hitch camera, B&M GN turnover ball, Andersen 5er adapter, WDH with built in sway control & steel adjustable hitch, Axle to frame air bags, GDE engine & transmission tunes plus turbo brake, SLT Grill, 275/55/20 XL load tires, Max ED tow rating 9,200, combined axle rating 7,800, Max 4th gen 1500 CVWR 15,950, Max receiver tongue weight 1265 w WDH, CAT scales 3,300 steer 2,560 drive with me hitches & tools

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by robertburris80 View Post
    Flo Pro will not ship to USA and CFT only installs at their shop.

FloPro may not sell it directly to you in the USA but they sell it to auto-parts dealers in the USA so buying is not a problem. I purchased mine, (Flo-Pro P/N 863NB) off Amazon, dealer name MVP auto parts, price shipped, $249.95. The pipe is heavy, I would say excellent quality, all the bends are right on, the clamps are really nice.

The instructions are for doing it the hard way plus if you have a short wheel base truck the instructions for cutting if I did not read them incorrectly are glaringly incorrect.

Abbreviated...For short beds the instructions say cut 7" off the front end of pipe 21433, this is wrong, if you did that you would be cutting off the flared end that pipe 21432 inserts into. What actually needs to be cut is the rear end of pipe 21432, in my case the cut needed to be 6" not 7"..

The install instructions call for the muffler to be removed, the pipe installed then the muffler reinstalled. Quicker and less work is leave the muffler in place, start pipe 21433 rubber insulator on the hanger so pipe rotation is correct then slide the pipe into the muffler. Then install the down pipe and tighten the down pipe clamp just enough so it held in place but can be rotated. With front and rear pipes in place can slide pipe 21432 onto the down pipe and hold it next the flared front end of pipe 21433 to see how much the rear end of 21432 needs to be trimmed. After trimming remove the loosely installed down pipe, insert pipe 21432 into 21433 then permanently install the downpipe. Reading this might sound like it is difficult but I don't think it took an hour to install the pipes and that is including saw cutting off the middle pipe.

Because I was doing full delete my plan was first remove exhaust pipe back to muffler, then with it out of the way delete the EGR valve pipes etc., then after EGR was buttoned up install the Flo-Pro. EGR time consuming but not difficult, the exhaust is a piece of cake. I carefully removed the stock exhaust and all the wires hoses etc. without cutting anything, I taped up all the plugs so they could be reused and everything reinstalled if worse came to worse. Sure hope that never happens.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tollmtn View Post
    FloPro may not sell it directly to you in the USA but they sell it to auto-parts dealers in the USA so buying is not a problem. I purchased mine, (Flo-Pro P/N 863NB) off Amazon, dealer name MVP auto parts, price shipped, $249.95. The pipe is heavy, I would say excellent quality, all the bends are right on, the clamps are really nice.

The instructions are for doing it the hard way plus if you have a short wheel base truck the instructions for cutting if I did not read them incorrectly are glaringly incorrect.

Abbreviated...For short beds the instructions say cut 7" off the front end of pipe 21433, this is wrong, if you did that you would be cutting off the flared end that pipe 21432 inserts into. What actually needs to be cut is the rear end of pipe 21432, in my case the cut needed to be 6" not 7"..

The install instructions call for the muffler to be removed, the pipe installed then the muffler reinstalled. Quicker and less work is leave the muffler in place, start pipe 21433 rubber insulator on the hanger so pipe rotation is correct then slide the pipe into the muffler. Then install the down pipe and tighten the down pipe clamp just enough so it held in place but can be rotated. With front and rear pipes in place can slide pipe 21432 onto the down pipe and hold it next the flared front end of pipe 21433 to see how much the rear end of 21432 needs to be trimmed. After trimming remove the loosely installed down pipe, insert pipe 21432 into 21433 then permanently install the downpipe. Reading this might sound like it is difficult but I don't think it took an hour to install the pipes and that is including saw cutting off the middle pipe.

Because I was doing full delete my plan was first remove exhaust pipe back to muffler, then with it out of the way delete the EGR valve pipes etc., then after EGR was buttoned up install the Flo-Pro. EGR time consuming but not difficult, the exhaust is a piece of cake. I carefully removed the stock exhaust and all the wires hoses etc. without cutting anything, I taped up all the plugs so they could be reused and everything reinstalled if worse came to worse. Sure hope that never happens.
    I deleted the muffler about 140,000 miles ago. Y-replacement going back to Big Horn duals.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by robertburris80 View Post
    I deleted the muffler about 140,000 miles ago. Y-replacement going back to Big Horn duals.

Because I drive into remote areas for quite solitude, some wildlife photography and hunting&fishing my pre DEF delete worry was the truck exhaust would be louder, fortunately the difference is not noticeable.
    robertburris80 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tollmtn View Post

Ordered a flow pro pipe set from EBay. After picking a terrible seller, I finally have my pipe kit. Problem is, the instructions you spoke of arenít in this package. You know where I can find a set?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links