Apple Car Play, does anyone know

This is a discussion on Apple Car Play, does anyone know within the RAM 1500 Diesel Electrical forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; I want Apple Car Play in my ‘15 Eco. I currently have the 8.4 w/nav and want to get Car Play installed. Does anyone know ...

Member #
    Vehicle
    '15 Laramie Ecodiesel
    Liked
    140 times

I want Apple Car Play in my ‘15 Eco. I currently have the 8.4 w/nav and want to get Car Play installed. Does anyone know if I can install a newer unit that has it, and is it a direct plug and play process?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 3500
    Liked
    2404 times
    Yes I replaced my Nav Radio with a Panasonic Apple CarPlay radio, Plug and play extremely easy upgrade , And I’m extremely happy with it !!!!

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram ED Crew Cab Big Horn
    Liked
    89 times
    infotainment.com has factory units with apple car play. Does the Panasonic Apple CarPlay radio have all the system controls like the factory radio does?

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 3500
    Liked
    2404 times
    The Panasonic radio is the factory CarPlay, Yes Everything works just like factory... I purchased everything from 4th gen electronics . The owners name is Ben he gave me 400.00 for my old nav radio and the radio was a couple hundred cheaper than infotainment which is a great company to deal
    With also..

My truck had accessory switches and the seat controls functioned thru the radio, I had to buy a additional harness apparently cambus capable to get my seats to function again, I purchased the harness from infotainment and then had to do a hard cambus relearn..

Depending on your trucks equipment pricing should be 800-1000 depending if your radio is a nav radio and you wish to trade it in ....

You do have to swap the USB hub also, Again whole project is a very easy installation ...

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 EcoD Outdoorsman CC 6.5' 4X4 3.92
    Liked
    2361 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve49 View Post
    infotainment.com has factory units with apple car play. Does the Panasonic Apple CarPlay radio have all the system controls like the factory radio does?
    Yes, the infromation for what vehicle control that appears in the 8.4 radio come from the BCM. The only part # difference is whether the radio has built in Navigation (UAQ) or doesn't (UAS).

Sponsored Links