Fiat buying the rest of Chrysler, will this delay the 1500 diesel?

This is a discussion on Fiat buying the rest of Chrysler, will this delay the 1500 diesel? within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Just saw on the news today that Fiat is buying the rest of Chrysler: BBC News - Fiat agrees to buy up rest of Chrysler ...

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Just saw on the news today that Fiat is buying the rest of Chrysler: BBC News - Fiat agrees to buy up rest of Chrysler.

Do we think this will further delay the 1500 diesel, or perhaps speed it up?

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Geo, not sure what the connection would be between the acquisition, and roll out of a model, that is almost to market.

My guess with Fiat buying the other 50% of VM from General Motors, and now full blown acquisition, this may have been in the works for several months.

We will see if there is any correlation in the roll out of the Ram and purchase of Chrysler.

I was just telling a buddy yesterday, that I was looking forward to the ram, because I could buy an American vehicle... I understand most vehicles are comprised of parts from many countries... but the point is, GM, Ford, and Chrysler were US brands.... now Chrysler is Fiat.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6507 times
    Fiat to buy full control of Chrysler - Jan. 1, 2014

Guess so. Chrysler had less than 50% of their company before this.

At a New Years Party the local sales manager of a dealership told my son the "big wigs" of Chrysler have been on vacation. He just figured that this coming Monday there would be an order announcement and maybe U.S. orders. It's all rumor for now. The sale to Fiat is not.

Sponsored Links