So Basically a Ram 1500 is a Maserati Levante

This is a discussion on So Basically a Ram 1500 is a Maserati Levante within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Looks like the designers went rooting around in the Fiat parts bins when they were developing the Maserati Levante's interior. Those kooky Italians must have ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By NickJ
  • 2 Post By 4Nines
  • 1 Post By EcoD Jeff

Thread: So Basically a Ram 1500 is a Maserati Levante

Member #
    Liked
    17 times

So Basically a Ram 1500 is a Maserati Levante-screen-shot-2016-04-22-11.30.08-am.png

Looks like the designers went rooting around in the Fiat parts bins when they were developing the Maserati Levante's interior. Those kooky Italians must have assumed that the SUV needed some rugged bits and bobs to make their ultra-lux car seem more like a truck. They stumbled upon the starter button, window controls, and indicator stalk from the Ram lineup and decided that the job was done.

I don't know about you guys, but it says something that they felt like the Ram controls were good enough to sit inside a Maserati. Also, I assume that they felt like the guy who buys a Ram would never sit in the Levante, and vise versa. Thanks to the internet, now you know.

https://twitter.com/Tweetermeyer/sta...80945084309504
    BlueMerleBC, rem26 and Thermorex like this.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I love my Ram truck, but if I'm buying a Maserati I don't want to see common Ram truck parts on it.
    Bowhntrsd and CDNLaramie like this.

Member #
    Liked
    351 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJ View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 11.30.08 AM.png 
Views:	580 
Size:	348.0 KB 
ID:	14371

Looks like the designers went rooting around in the Fiat parts bins when they were developing the Maserati Levante's interior. Those kooky Italians must have assumed that the SUV needed some rugged bits and bobs to make their ultra-lux car seem more like a truck. They stumbled upon the starter button, window controls, and indicator stalk from the Ram lineup and decided that the job was done.

I don't know about you guys, but it says something that they felt like the Ram controls were good enough to sit inside a Maserati. Also, I assume that they felt like the guy who buys a Ram would never sit in the Levante, and vise versa. Thanks to the internet, now you know.

You might add the the 3D engine is also used in the Maserati but comes tuned with 50 extra pony's at the rear wheel (ours after a Celtic or GDE tune). German Transmission. Canadian President of company and on and on.
    Tom
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Longhorn Crew 4x4, 5'7" box Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl with Lower Gold Two Tone Paint
    Black/Tan Leather, Air Suspension, Rear Window Defrost, No Slip Dif, Tow and Convenience Group, Ram Box, Tri Fold Cover.
    Order May 1, 2014 / Build May 15, 2014 / Completed May 29, 2014 and Shipped / Delivered June 18, 2014.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    Laramie EcoD
    Liked
    175 times

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by NickJ View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 11.30.08 AM.png 
Views:	580 
Size:	348.0 KB 
ID:	14371

=kb
    Just so you know,the ram window control switch was on the Mercedes Benz E class prior to gracing our Ram 1500. Manufacturers share common parts all the time. If it makes you feel better, the Ram shares parts with Mercedes and Maserati.
    So Basically a Ram 1500 is a Maserati Levante-new-car-interior-matt-chrome-door-font-b-window-b-font-switch-panel-cover-trim-.jpg
    Last edited by EcoD Jeff; 04-22-2016 at 06:07 PM.
    rem26 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    you used to be able to cross reference common component parts from ferrari to fiat. They put the brakes on that...

Buddy of mine's girl friend has a fiat 500, wow, that thing feels not confidence inspiring while driving in expressway traffic.

Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    I felt right at home when we bought the 3d. Our 2012 300c awd hemi prepared us well for much of the dash and overall layout of the truck regarding power windows,locks, auto windshield wipers, high beam etc. I compare the ease of programming regarding the hvac,nav,climate,radio, etc to any mfg. Been renting lots of cars lately and GM/ford I find very confusing.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Laramie ED
    Liked
    121 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin98 View Post
    you used to be able to cross reference common component parts from ferrari to fiat. They put the brakes on that...

Buddy of mine's girl friend has a fiat 500, wow, that thing feels not confidence inspiring while driving in expressway traffic.
    I had my second rental Fiat 500 in Toronto a couple of weeks ago. I am not sure if it was a different version than the one you were in, but I was amazed at how good it was on the Hwy!
    I regularly ride in a older Honda Fit and occasionally drive it. It has been a good car for my Cousin, but, though it is the same size as the 500 it is a pain to drive on the hwy... better in the city.

BTW, I could not believe all the similar parts on the Fiat 500 to the RAM. Uconnect, cruise control, steering wheel volume control. If only it had the rotary shifter and similar window controls it would have been perfect. l o l
    And it had no back up camera, boy, how spoiled we get... I missed it on a car barely longer than I am tall. yikes
    Last edited by Defragger; 04-23-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6519 times
    Wrong.

The Maserati is a Ram.

Sponsored Links