RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Damage - ATV loading shenanigans - Glass edition

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Fixer 
#1 ·
I've loaded my ATV in the bed of my truck several times over the past few months, no issues..... The front winch hits just below the top of the bed and about an inch of clearance from the back glass. The ATV does have air suspension so apparently I found out that if it is at the highest setting it is too high and slams perfectly into both side of the back glass leaving the middle glass unscathed. The glass install tech was quite impressed that I got both side panes and missed the middle pane entirely. Thank goodness I have glass coverage and this replacement was free or it would have been $650 out of pocket.

Lesson learned, see pic :

Vehicle door Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Windshield

See less See more
#5 ·
a couple of 2x4's up against the back of the box might prevent a repeat performance? But my guess is you've thought of your own counter measures ; )

#15 ·
I did the same thing back in the day. I was probably 19 years old, with my '86 Toyota pickup. I loaded my Banshee in backwards, to stand it up on it's tail. I've done it 100 times in the past... but this morning... I let it go a little too far, and the rear grab handle hit the glass. BUT... I had aftermarket tint on it... and the film held it together. So, I put a few strips of duct tape on it... and drove out to the desert to ride.

So... I feel your pain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.