Radio issues?

Radio issues?

This is a discussion on Radio issues? within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; I've recently had some issues with my radio that I thought may be just the Satellite radio, but I am now realizing that is not ...

Thread: Radio issues?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM 1500 BIG HORN ECODIESEL
    Liked
    52 times

Radio issues?

I've recently had some issues with my radio that I thought may be just the Satellite radio, but I am now realizing that is not the problem. I can go 8 hours straight listening to SIRIUS with no problems, but occasionally it will randomly change stations on it's own. After a week or two of this, I turned on the am/fm radio and sure enough, it would randomly change stations. Even when I connect my bluetooth from my phone and play music, it will change the songs. Just wondering if any other people were experiencing this??

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 2500 Tradesman CC, 6.4L Hemi, 2WD , 6'-4" bed,
    Liked
    539 times
    I have that same problem with our 2014 Ram V-6 and it puzzed me until I figured out what was causing it. I find that with the audio control rocker switches on the back of the wheel that I occasionally bump them with my fingers and not realize it and scroll over a station or two or change modes completely. At least that's what I think is happening

Member #
    Vehicle
    14 EcoD Laramie CC 4x4
    Liked
    50 times
    I've also suspected that the stations were changing on their own,but now know some or all of the time I too am bumping the wheel buttons.It came to light one time while waiting at a stop light and I pulled my left foot up to the point where my leg was hitting and holding the change button.I couldn't figure why the stations were constantly scrolling until I realized what I was doing.Felt stupid but real glad nothing was wrong with the radio.Now if only the reception was better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM 1500 BIG HORN ECODIESEL
    Liked
    52 times
    I am almost positive I am not hitting anything but I'll have to pay closer attention. I'm also going to feel like a jackhole if that's the case.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    539 times
    Even though I had posted my previous statement, I have to mention that there have been occassions where the radio will go to a default Sirius channel (like the Introductory channel or something) upon first starting the truck. I know this is not an instance of accidentally bumping the rocker switch, which I have done admittantly. If the radio is only a few channels over from where I normally keep it then I assume I just bumped it over accidentally. If it's way over to a place I don't recognize then I suspect the radio went through some sort of calibration with the satellites or something. I admit it does move around a bit both because of me and also on rare occassion, by itself. Either way I figure that if that's the extent of my truck issues, I'm well off
    Last edited by RAM Fan; 11-14-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    539 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TMorgan View Post
    I've also suspected that the stations were changing on their own,but now know some or all of the time I too am bumping the wheel buttons.It came to light one time while waiting at a stop light and I pulled my left foot up to the point where my leg was hitting and holding the change button.I couldn't figure why the stations were constantly scrolling until I realized what I was doing.Felt stupid but real glad nothing was wrong with the radio.Now if only the reception was better.
    I just was rereading these posts and noticed that you are from Vermont TMorgan. Last year we were traveling extensively in New England and noticed that our reception was just a bit more sporatic in your area. Everywhere else, it works like 99.9%. Heavily forested areas in northern Washington also produced more erratic reception than we're used to also. I think it has more to do with sattelite alignment than technical issues with the radio itself.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 ram 1500 diesel reg cab
    Liked
    82 times
    I've had mine not display the new chanel after changing I've also hand it not play for the ride to work aquiring sat on radio when left work it worked fine I'm wondering if it's a power prob to radio on brighter side reception has gotten better with most of leaves off

Member #
    Vehicle
    14 EcoD Laramie CC 4x4
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Fan View Post
    I just was rereading these posts and noticed that you are from Vermont TMorgan. Last year we were traveling extensively in New England and noticed that our reception was just a bit more sporatic in your area. Everywhere else, it works like 99.9%. Heavily forested areas in northern Washington also produced more erratic reception than we're used to also. I think it has more to do with sattelite alignment than technical issues with the radio itself.
    Yea,the mountains and trees cause my reception to be interrupted constantly from 1 second to 1 minute.In some areas I loose signal for a total of about 15% of a ten mile trip.The 2012 Ram I traded had near perfect reception everywhere with it's base radio.I've seen countless other posts where many have had the same problems as me.I understand it's mostly due to the combining of Sirius and XM.My truck has the shark fin on the roof.I also have the 8.4 w/NAV.I noticed since I bought my truck that all the 2014 Rams on my dealers lot had the flat rectangle block on the roof and they don't have NAV.It makes me wonder if the NAV equipped,shark fined radios have more reception issues then the non-NAV radios.When I get a moment this winter I plan to drive a 2014 non-Nav Ram and compare the reception.
    Can any of you that have a 14 non-Nav radio and flat antenna shed some light on this issue.Do you have good reception in mountainous areas.After 8500 miles,this radio reception issue remains as my only complaint with my new Ram.Not bad.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    539 times
    We have a 2014 non-Nav truck and there is nothing on the roof at all. All I see for Sat antenna is the dot-matrix band across the top of the windshield. You are right about different hardware having more or less capability, such as internal signal boosters or something like that.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    This has happened to me twice so far,I was trying to adjust the volume by using the rocker switch located at the back right hand side of the steering wheel.But instead it changed stations on me.
    And no,I didn't accidentally pushed the rocker on the left side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links