**BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement - Page 83

**BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement

This is a discussion on **BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Originally Posted by Brokedownbutgood Im surprised your not in limp mode already. But very likely you well go into limp when it counts down to ...

Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 881
Like Tree568Likes

Thread: **BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement

  1. #821
    RAM Professional biodiesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
    Posts
    560
    Member #
    9554
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokedownbutgood View Post
    Im surprised your not in limp mode already. But very likely you well go into limp when it counts down to zero. Luckily these trucks still drive decent in limp mode just let off to make it shift and ride with the semi's.
    The system is designed to get you to your nearest dealer therefore the truck doesn't go into limp mode until you've used up the designated miles. I just don't know what happens once you've used up all your miles. My nearest dealer went bankrupt and closed their doors two weeks ago, so my nearest dealer is 150 miles away. There aren't many exits between Gallup, NM and Albuquerque, NM. So, if I go into limp mode, I might be sitting on the shoulder of I-40 waiting for a tow. The last time the truck went into limp mode (due to a clogged Map Sensor), the truck barely had enough power to go up hills and it was pretty slow, much too slow for I-40.
    2015 3.0 Ecodiesel/Big Horn/1500/QCSB/4x4
    2016 Arctic Fox/Travel Trailer 22G/Onboard LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

  2. #822
    RAM Professional biodiesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
    Posts
    560
    Member #
    9554
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    192 times
    Here's my update. The truck went through the countdown and maintained power all the way to the dealership. Once the countdown ended, the screen read, "Engine Will Not Restart, Service DEF System, See Dealer". Every few miles the warning chime went off and flashed the message. It was a little annoying to hear the chime repeat itself over a span of 130 miles, but I was too happy not being in limp mode to care.

    The service advisor and shop foreman met me upon arrival. The foreman said they have done approximately 14 AEM updates and mine was the first one to experience the check engine light and P202E code soon after. He said that FCA is being very strict about allowing the shop to make any updates without a phone call. So, he said they will call FCA to see how they want the dealer to proceed.

    Make sure that you submit all 8 pages of the release form. I scanned and emailed only the signed documents last night. FCA wrote me this morning and said my submission was incomplete until I return all 8 copies.
    2015 3.0 Ecodiesel/Big Horn/1500/QCSB/4x4
    2016 Arctic Fox/Travel Trailer 22G/Onboard LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

  3. #823
    RAM Sr Member cajunhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    108
    Member #
    36226
    Liked
    21 times
    I just submitted my Settlement Claim

    2nd owner here

    Hoping the damn new update fixes the lag and the damn P24AE CEL that seems to come on randomly. It can be off for 700-800 miles then bam, few days in a row, clear it, then roll a week and few hundred miles before it comes on again. And always seems to be on a Monday, lol

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #824
    RAM Jr Member buizilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    38
    Member #
    16321
    Liked
    24 times
    what is the concensus of those whon have had the update done?

    better?

    worse?

    power loss or gain?

    mileage loss or gain?

  6. #825
    RAM Ninja Kazimodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Montreal Quebec Canada
    Posts
    2,443
    Member #
    6985
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buizilla View Post
    what is the concensus of those whon have had the update done?

    better?

    worse?

    power loss or gain?

    mileage loss or gain?
    here are a couple of threads by people who had the AEM done :
    ..
    https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...tml#post968280

    https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...-problems.html

    https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...f-warning.html
    97hmcs likes this.

  7. #826
    RAM Jr Member hodgexj1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    81
    Member #
    36422
    Liked
    21 times
    Just picked my truck up from getting the AEM. Doesn't seem much different. Maybe a bit better low end.....maybe but my loaner was a jeep compass and that is a joke of a vehicle so I might just be imagining shit.

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    cajunhammer likes this.

  8. #827
    RAM Jr Member Havanajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    57
    Member #
    36084
    Liked
    16 times

    **BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement

    Just checked at FCA and the call center and they now have notification that the update was installed. At that time a case manager is assigned and is to call us.

    I’m getting a call today by COB or this SOB will be calling them back.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #828
    RAM Regular boocoodinkydow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    wears valley
    Posts
    263
    Member #
    295
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by biodiesel View Post
    Here's my update. The truck went through the countdown and maintained power all the way to the dealership. Once the countdown ended, the screen read, "Engine Will Not Restart, Service DEF System, See Dealer". Every few miles the warning chime went off and flashed the message. It was a little annoying to hear the chime repeat itself over a span of 130 miles, but I was too happy not being in limp mode to care.

    The service advisor and shop foreman met me upon arrival. The foreman said they have done approximately 14 AEM updates and mine was the first one to experience the check engine light and P202E code soon after. He said that FCA is being very strict about allowing the shop to make any updates without a phone call. So, he said they will call FCA to see how they want the dealer to proceed.

    Make sure that you submit all 8 pages of the release form. I scanned and emailed only the signed documents last night. FCA wrote me this morning and said my submission was incomplete until I return all 8 copies.

    You just got a prick! I called and questioned if they needed all 8 and they told me know. Just sent in the 2 signature sheets and got notification within 24 hours that all was good.

    Reminiscent of the old VW TDI buyback fiasco. Just depended on who you talked to. Unfortunate.
    I still love my truck but incrementally less each time it throws a CEL!!

  10. #829
    RAM Regular boocoodinkydow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    wears valley
    Posts
    263
    Member #
    295
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Havanajoe View Post
    Just checked at FCA and the call center and they now have notification that the update was installed. At that time a case manager is assigned and is to call us.

    I’m getting a call today by COB or this SOB will be calling them back.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    When did you have the AEM done?
    I still love my truck but incrementally less each time it throws a CEL!!

  11. #830
    RAM Jr Member Havanajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    57
    Member #
    36084
    Liked
    16 times
    Last Tuesday.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. FCA diesel settlement update (12/19/17)
    By kmcintyre in forum RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion
    Replies: 361
    Last Post: 07-05-2018, 09:52 AM
  2. U.S. Seeks Major Fines, Recalls in Fiat Diesel Settlement
    By EcoD in forum RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 02-11-2018, 02:38 PM
  3. Fiat Chrysler will take part in settlement talks over its excessive diesel emissions
    By Taylor in forum RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-04-2017, 03:46 PM
  4. Engine breaking or lack thereof!
    By Red Ram 77 in forum Green Diesel Engineering
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-30-2015, 10:30 PM

Search tags for this page

ecodiesel forum
,
ecodiesel lawsuit
,
ecodiesel settlement website
,

fca buyback ram ecodiesel

,
ram 1500 ecodiesel lawsuit
,
ram ecodiesel forum
,
ram ecodiesel settlement
,
ram forum
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread