Renewable Diesel - Page 2

Renewable Diesel

This is a discussion on Renewable Diesel within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; https://investor.phillips66.com/fina...a/default.aspx Since Union 76 (I think it is still called Unocal 76 here in Calif?) is part of Phillips 66, this article explains the new ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Renewable Diesel

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    https://investor.phillips66.com/fina...a/default.aspx

Since Union 76 (I think it is still called Unocal 76 here in Calif?) is part of Phillips 66, this article explains the new plants in NV.
    Sasquatchilly likes this.
    2015 1500 Ecodiesel HFE

Member #
    Vehicle
    15 Tradesman QC 4x4 3.92
    Liked
    503 times
    Interesting. And thanks for a good explanation, howie12. Renewable is different than biodiesel. For what it's worth, I contacted Propel to inquire about maintenance interval. Bottom line, their fuel is not biodiesel, and is manufactured to the ASTM D-975 spec of #2, and the regular maintenance schedule is followed.
    I'm very interested in this 76 fuel if it's the same. I love filling with Propel but I do wish it took off and had more availability.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel/8HP70 4x4. QC 6'4' 140" WB. Factory options: Protection Group, Exterior Appearance Group, Trailer Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Popular Equipment Group, 3.92, Anti-Spin, UConnect 5.0, ParkView
    List of mods - DJL_57'S RAM

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Big question: How much was it per gallon?? I emailed Unocal 76 to ask for info and where avail. since their website has no mention of it.
    This is big news for us Ecodiesel owners in CAL as 76 will have a bigger dist. network than Propel and since the EGR and soot are our problem, especially after the upcoming settlement-ECM flash, renewable diesel burns so much cleaner that is our answer to us not being able to have a GDE tune.
    2015 1500 Ecodiesel HFE

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6534 times
    Real "renewable" diesel would be something caught out the exhaust, re-processed and run through again and again.

It could be a real perpetual motion fuel. Getting used to anything else would just have to "grow on you".
    Sasquatchilly and StrokerAce like this.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldragon View Post
    Hi: firemedic.br... $8.99!!! For that price it should be "Rocket fuel".
    Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie. "Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt".
    Haha, I wouldn't have paid that, the $8.99 was cost for a pack of American Spirits cigs.
    I believe the diesel was $3.50ish/gal

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    257 times
    Quote Originally Posted by firemedic.br View Post
    Haha, I wouldn't have paid that, the $8.99 was cost for a pack of American Spirits cigs.
    I believe the diesel was $3.50ish/gal

Hi: firemedic.br... Where I live those "Native smokes" would contain some "Bud" for that much at least!!!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldragon View Post
    Hi: firemedic.br... Where I live those "Native smokes" would contain some "Bud" for that much at least!!!
    Cali is right there after the 1st. Cali grown !

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2343 times
    It seems to me there will be a limited supply of this fuel since the feedstock is waste vegetable oils and fat and waste animal fat. There is only so much of that available to collect and it is unlikely to be practical to collect it countrywide. High concentrations of restaurants or meat processingare likely to be good locations.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 ram ecodiesel, 03'ford 250 6.0 superduty, 05' volkswagen jetta tdi, toro 23hp kubota diesel
    Liked
    27 times
    I ran a 96' cummins on wvo for almost 5yrs., got greedy or cheap and tried to use to much and not filtered good enough and wore the rings out, surprisingly never had to replace an injector. The engine oil sure did stink when changed. Ran 920miles on $20 of diesel fuel once. Would get wvo hot and strain through t shirt and put in truck, it did smell great!
    TwoBobs and Sasquatchilly like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram ED CCSB Bighorn 4x4
    Liked
    76 times
    For renewable fuel, there were restrictions on land from which the feedstock could be grown. Biomass grown on federal lands, tree crops or byproducts, and land only cultivated after 2007 were excluded under the standard.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links