Diagnosing a P24AE code. - Page 2

Diagnosing a P24AE code.

This is a discussion on Diagnosing a P24AE code. within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; I'm getting an intermittent P24AE code as well. If I stick to my 25mi each way commute to work, everything is fine. We've recently got ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Diagnosing a P24AE code.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I'm getting an intermittent P24AE code as well. If I stick to my 25mi each way commute to work, everything is fine. We've recently got a commuter car and if I spend a couple of days driving around town, CEL will come on with p24AE code. I'm not sure that the frame rail connector is the culprit. I'm thinking the sensor is going bad. I never delete the code, a normal long commute or 2 will always clear the code on the next start up. I've also removed the sensor from the exhaust bung, it was clean with only SLIGHT discoloration. I guess I was secretly hoping that it would be gunked up and I could get after it with a wire brush, etc. Anyway, the sensor connector is way up on top, out of sight. I'm leaning towards buying a sensor and replacing in the near future. Can't see paying the dealer to do it. Seems they charge $270 for sensor and $250 for labor.... Ugh

Hoping that maybe some answers pop up here.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    If it is not all gunked up I would not think there was something else causing the problem. I am going to try to hold out until the update. If I am not mistaken the sensor will be covered under warranty then. If not I will do the same as you and buy one and replace it. I think there are two bolts to remove to get the module out of the mount. One you get from the top the other the bottom.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Having the same issue. Had this problem back in October and it stayed off for a while. About a month or two ago, it started back. Sometimes I would drive for 10 hours at a time and nothing, but make one stop, crank the engine up and bam, CEL on. Check it, same deal, clear it, and it may pop back on in only 5 miles or stay off for 800! Plan on ordering the GDE once Uncle Sam gives me back some of my money.

Changing oil, oil filter, and fuel filter today, so will see if that changes anything.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Darn light, I am beginning to think it is something other than the sensor causing the problem. I can run for a week without it coming on. Then idle at the boat ramp while launching & loading and as I drive off BAM it's on. Still gona wait on the reprogram and money but consider doing the GDE tune after that.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Dodge Ram Eco-diesel
    Liked
    1 times

P24AE Code

Quote Originally Posted by KevinTee View Post
    Darn light, I am beginning to think it is something other than the sensor causing the problem. I can run for a week without it coming on. Then idle at the boat ramp while launching & loading and as I drive off BAM it's on. Still gona wait on the reprogram and money but consider doing the GDE tune after that.
    Afternoon Kevin, I'm experiencing the same problem myself. I was wondering if you have tried this for the MAP Sensor/EGR Tube:

Read on another forum that is a common problem and likely the issue. Gave mine a clean today and going to see if it make any difference. My sensor was pretty blocked up. Just throwing another option out there. Here is the other forum I was montioring: https://www.ecodieselram.com/forum/t...42/#post-19730
    Here is some pics of mine today when I pulled it apart.

Diagnosing a P24AE code.-20190530_161126.jpgDiagnosing a P24AE code.-20190530_160315.jpg
    redsunBC likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinTee View Post
    All pins looked and felt tight. Did not apply any dielectric grease, yet. Seams like mixed reviews on doing this. This is one of the best reviews I have seen on dielectric & conductive grease. https://www.w8ji.com/dielectric_grea...ive_grease.htm Think I will try the dielectric grease and do a tune after the FCA tune.
    Thanks for the link!
    Last grease of this type that, I purchased, was Grote brand if I remember correctly. Label as electrical connection sealing grease. Works great, little messy.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Dodge Ram Eco-diesel
    Liked
    1 times
    Well took mine in for the FCA Recall (Class Action) and 10 miles before the dealership I got CEL. Told dealership it came on right before pulling in and they said they would look into it, but most likely it was nothing (LOL). Well, they gave it back to me 4 hours later and said the code was old so they cleared it and to come back if it was an issue again. I live 2 hours from the dealer, don't think I'm just coming back if there is an issue. Well to my luck, I made it 5 miles before CEL came back on for same code P24AE. They ended up replacing the diesel particulate sensor after that. I would love to tell you that this fixed the problem, but I decided to get rid of this piece of shit. Oil cooler failure at 12K miles and then random P24AE issues, emissions issues; I'm just over this engine. I traded it in and upgraded.

I hope you all have better luck and continue to fight the good fight fixing these issues! Off to the 2500 forums to deal with new issues lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links