GDE Dealer can tell? - Page 3

GDE Dealer can tell?

This is a discussion on GDE Dealer can tell? within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; ...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: GDE Dealer can tell?

Member #
    Liked
    284 times
    GDE Dealer can tell?-beware-internet-trolls-bmt-micro1.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    539 times
    Two things are certain. OP has contradicted himself, and most service departments think that the Ecodiesel is made by Cummins. These guys can't even put the right viscosity in our motors during an oil change, now all of a sudden they are ECM and GDE experts. They can't detect a leaking EGR, but now they are tune sleuths.

I agree with the poster who recently exclaimed that he will be glad when we get back to talking about EGRs and blown engines. I swear you guys are taking the flash for cash way too serious. I hope the Ford and Chevy guys aren't reading all these silly "sky is falling" posts. They will think we are a bunch of dolts.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Big Horn QC 4X4 6.4 bed 3.92 LSD
    Liked
    3717 times
    Small town dealership ordered the truck from my brother in law and the service manager is my cousin. When I spoke to my cousin about GDE he was read up on it by his own interest. He was very favorable about the tune. Said they (service managers) generally just don't want to be made aware of it as it can put them in a bad position with FCA. Though FCA on some fronts is likely positive toward this type of tune as it likely saves them lots of warranty service work money. He said service managers or their mechanics and FCA don't go looking for a tune unless directed to by FCA on a specific truck for a particular warranty case. I had this discussion with him shortly after I turned 100k IE post warranty. Like Captn my truck sports a GDE sticker. When I put it on my truck I didn't think I would be back in a warranty position with FCA but I am through the end of the year. Guess if I had to take it into an unknown dealership for potential warranty service work I would peel the sticker first. Doubt GDE would mind sending me a new one.
    Last edited by VernDiesel; 03-18-2019 at 09:30 AM.
    Airstream TT & boat transporter. Factory trailer brake controller tow mirrors & hitch camera, B&M GN turnover ball, Andersen 5er adapter, WDH with built in sway control & steel adjustable hitch, Axle to frame air bags, GDE engine & transmission tunes plus turbo brake, SLT Grill, 275/55/20 XL load tires, Max ED tow rating 9,200, combined axle rating 7,800, Max 4th gen 1500 CVWR 15,950, Max receiver tongue weight 1265 w WDH, CAT scales 3,300 steer 2,560 drive with me hitches & tools

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1063 times
    Perhaps the dealer "learned" of the tune through social media?
    lucskoj and Sasquatchilly like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    394 times
    GDE has made a generous offer to investigate how or if the dealer detected the tune.
    If the story is legitimate I hope dieseldoya will follow up with GDE as it is important to all of us to know the answer.
    Sasquatchilly and chizzle1 like this.
    ------------------ I hate politically correct ---------------- Tell it like it is ---------------- Be truthful ------------------
    2016, Ram 1500 Big Horn, Crew Cab, 4x4, EcoDiesel, 3.55 Axle, Leer 100XR Shell on 5.7 bed
    2006, Ford F350 Lariat, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.0 Diesel, 3.73 Axle, Leer 180 Shell on 8' bed
    2005, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4x4, 4.0 Inline 6, Rock Crawler
    Dealer of ARCHOIL and PRI-D & PRI-G oil & fuel additive products

Member #
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Hemi , 4 X 4,
    Liked
    256 times
    DITTO on what "JENSEN" said, give em time to investigate.
    Sasquatchilly likes this.
    2019 Bighorn 4 X 4, 3;21, Flame Red, Mopar full cover tonneau, painted veh color, pending bed mat, TRADED in ED, no longer suited for my needs...
    2006 Honda Gold Wing GL1800, with installed 2015 Cobra Razor Trike Kit (Color=Yukon Gold)
    (2) Hossies,.. ... (4) Doggies... (Pics in album)
    Let us be sure that those who come after will say of us in our time, that in our time we did everything that could be done. We finished the race; we kept them free; we kept the faith. RONALD REAGAN

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 loanstar 4x4 ecodiesel
    Liked
    206 times
    Captainmal , that picture is it in Florida ? I used to live in Florida and that Picture would put you on the ridge of florida because the rest of the state is flat except the north part . anyway looks like you had a great day .
    97hmcs likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    You are joking right? Boeing has some computer code that might get confused and thinks the plane is stalling. This has killed over 300 people. Don't make light of real problems.

We will not know what FCA is doing until the recall is released in early June. Our recommendation to GDE customers is wait 2-3 months after the recall is released before scheduling anything with dealer. That will afford us time to see what they are doing.
    Geez, must be getting hot in Michigan! Its interesting to note you have figured out Boeing's problem when at the time of writing no final solution has been announced. Max 8s are still grounded.

What is troubling, you guys are deer in the headlights and now the gang has to wait 3 months!! Not good.
    2015 laramie. Air suspension. 3.92.
    FCA ECM
    2017 ATC 28 front bedroom. 5.5 onan. Empty 6400lbs.
    Andersen WD
    Cooper HD XL
    Nationwide full time for 5 months/year.
    2012 300c AWD Hemi.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4675 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC View Post
    GDE. The comparison and timing is scary. Think of it as your Boeing and those that installed your tune are the airlines with max 8s.

What are the most like scenarios that they could detect a tune? EGR? Data logger comparing mileage to some basic factor like mileage or hours.

These guys are relying on you for guidance.

As Trump said. Figure it out quick.
    Are you serious? Have you no shame?

Member #
    Liked
    255 times
    Elaborate. Please.
    2015 laramie. Air suspension. 3.92.
    FCA ECM
    2017 ATC 28 front bedroom. 5.5 onan. Empty 6400lbs.
    Andersen WD
    Cooper HD XL
    Nationwide full time for 5 months/year.
    2012 300c AWD Hemi.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links