RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Good Bye Ram 1500

15K views 61 replies 41 participants last post by  Veefer99 
#1 ·
Well the day has finally come when I had to say good bye to my 2015 Eco Diesel while it was a great truck when new it was starting to have a number of issues after reaching 62,000 KMS most issues are the same issues everyone else is having so I traded it in last weekend on a Ford 150 with eco boost and truly could not be happier. Now Ill just sit back and wait for the Canadian settlement funds whenever that occurs and will spend the money on a vacation.
Yahoo no looking back

#40 ·
I so do hope he does enjoy his Fart 150, no rear stabilizer, leaf springs to launch you into the ceiling, no ushy cushy ride, can't even put air bags into or on the springs unless you unload a wheel barrel full of money... the turn radius and handling sucks.... and if you hook a load up to it, like 8000 lbs, look at 10 mpg... I love my 2016 82k Laramie leathered out airconditioned seat ride.... I can get a blow anytime I want.... and since he traded it off, he won't get the full 3k cash... only about 900 dineros…. got to take it to a dealer to get it flashed before ya sell it... and if he's Canadian, you don't get a dime... yep, must have been a lease, dumped it before he got bit by the mileage penalty cock roach... that's why you pay a premium for a diesel, to put 20k or more miles a year on the thing to pay for itself... if you religiously take care of that diesel, it will take care of you over 200k miles... and still be worth something... gas, pfffsssstttt

#48 ·
Good luck with the EcoBoost. EcoDiesel has emissions trouble in cold climate. But my 2013 F150 ecoboost was the only vehicle to leave me on the side of the highway with a complete engine failure. Connecting rod failure at 65000 km. If you got the 2.7 the 2018 is still having issues during a cold winter. Exhaust valve guides fail leading to motor replacement (8000 km lol), warped heads, blue smoke on startup. IMO it's one of the only engines out there that is more trouble that the ecodiesel in Canadian climate right now. They do great marketing on the ecoboost though.

#50 ·
I do enjoy these kinds of posts. Just because he didn't list the issues he's had, flame on! Everyone of us could list 5-6 issues that he easily could have had. From simple things such as recalls to a blown engine. There are a few on here that have had no issues with their trucks. That's great! But for some reason these guys always jump on the defensive and, I guess, assume that because their trucks are perfect that everyone else's trucks must also be perfect and only a lier would state something else. I truly believe that some of us here choose to swear up and down that the Emperor's new clothes are the most beautiful clothes ever made. Every once in a while someone stands up to the crowd and attempts to explain that the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes.
I do agree that it is a very odd first post, but anymore, one does not need to post much. Seems lately we find ourselves talking about the transmission in the heavier trucks! Are we just trying to keep the forum going? For the most part, a quick search will give plenty of information on any subject a truck owner needs. So why post? Do we really care that you just ordered a GDE tune or you get 31mpg? We sure love to brag about our trucks. Just out of curiosity, are any of us on a forum where we tell other parents how great our kids are? How good they are doing in math this year? Or asking questions to help fix a problem they are having? We do all that about our trucks and probably other toys. Stuff that really doesn't even matter.
So this guy got rid of his truck, so what? He likes his new truck, so what? Did we expect him to get into a new truck that he doesn't like?

#61 ·
Warning those were known for bad lift pumps that would end up taking the V-44 injection pump out!!!! Before you have an issue install a Air Dog system https://pureflowairdog.com/p-35835-airdog.html.

The lift pump in these trucks (up to 12/31/2004) were never designed to pull fuel!!! For some reason Dodge decided to install the lift pump on the engine not within three feet of the fuel tank like the O.M. told then to. This would over work the pumps and cause them to fail. Add the fact that the V-44 IP needs fuel to lubricate it and you have a recipe for a costly repair.

You should also run a good fuel lubricant with EVERY tank of fuel you buy. Again the V-44 was never designed to run on ULSD and it will only last a short time without a lubricant additive. This is what I ran in my 2004 Cummins https://opti-lube.com/diesel-fuel-improver/xl-diesel-fuel-additives.html very good product.

#57 ·
And I'm gonna go back to the beginning and quote an original Mod who brought me on..."Pics or it didn't happen"... you can fake it guys and play games and post up all you want. Show us your trucks and tell us your story good or bad it's always been that way...:cool: But if you are a troll or spammer the story and thread ends. Hope none of you have an issue with that. Thanks.

#58 ·
I just want to say I find this site has been very helpful and friendly. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee ecodiesel and have used this site to research information and to ask questions. Everyone has been great helping me out. With more Ram trucks sold over the Jeep it is an excellent resource. I use it to tow our trailer and early on got lots of help understanding the cooling system and some of the trouble it had cooling under load. I have 45K on the 2015 and the only problem I have had (so far) is a false 200 mile to no start when I was 500 miles away from any dealer. Talked an auto parts store to erase the code and prayed that took care of it. It did. I now carry a code reader as well as that jump wire described on this site to bypass that no start issue. I have got the latest flash for Ram's and Jeeps to open up the limits on some of these trouble parameters. Had not had any codes in the last 10K miles. I digress a bit here, but again wanted to say how helpful you all have been.

#59 ·
[/QUOTE] In 2005, I was invited to a plant tour of the Brampton Assembly (Chrysler 300, Charger and Magnum) They were running 3 shifts and pumping a car out the door every 55 seconds! Best vehicle that I ever owned, 05 RT Magnum, came off that line. Almost 400,000 miles when I sold it![/QUOTE]

I worked as an apprentice electrician on the original construction of that Plant when it was being built by American Motors until they were bought out by Chrysler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.