Add another one to the list... - Page 2

Add another one to the list...

This is a discussion on Add another one to the list... within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Originally Posted by HomeMadeSin I will fully admit, I could’ve slowed down and waited for the right lane to clear instead of maintain my desired ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Add another one to the list...

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    56 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeMadeSin View Post
    I will fully admit, I could’ve slowed down and waited for the right lane to clear instead of maintain my desired speed. It was a 50/50 decision. But I generally detest people who drive in the middle lane when no one is in the right lane. And it doesn’t seem to matter if they are pulling a trailer, driving an RV, etc.
    When pulling my 24' travel trailer, and there are 3 or more lanes, I never travel in the right lane. I have always considered that the merge/exit lane when in urban areas. I have no interest in dodging vehicles getting on or off the freeway at 60+mph. When/if people learn how to merge with the flow of traffic I will reconsider my position. I am not expecting that to happen any time soon.
    CanyonMan
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1553 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Yeah, sounds almost exactly like when my reluctor ring failed. Minus the air ride message.
    Did you have air suspension at the time?
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldragon View Post
    Hi: HomeMadeSin... Why on earth do you need to go past and cut in front to exit? Why not slo down and cut behind then get off at the ramp. Might not have solved the issue but would have been more responsible smooth driving.
    Sorry to pick on your style but it happens to me all the time!!!
    Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.
    A horrible answer to a fellow owner who is looking for advice not a lecture. Geez!
    2015 laramie. Air suspension. 3.92.
    FCA ECM
    2017 ATC 28 front bedroom. 5.5 onan. Empty 6400lbs.
    Andersen WD
    Cooper HD XL
    Nationwide full time for 5 months/year.
    2012 300c AWD Hemi.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 3500
    Liked
    2374 times
    Quickest and basically a for sure answer ,remove your oil filter and check for metal shavings in between the pleats, If you spun bearings there’s going to be metallic particles...
    Lucky Dog likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Ram 1500 ED Crew 4x4 6.4
    Liked
    60 times
    Quote Originally Posted by howie12 View Post
    Doesn't sound like the ttypical lower end failure to me. No mention of noise and easily turned over with starter afterwards. Sounds like reluctor as 97 mentions or something in the fuel system.
    I agree. A "blown motor" because of lower end failure, typically will still start if turns over. I've seen running engines with holes in the block due to a rod coming loose.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie CC 4WD Eco-Diesel
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CanyonMan View Post
    When pulling my 24' travel trailer, and there are 3 or more lanes, I never travel in the right lane. I have always considered that the merge/exit lane when in urban areas. I have no interest in dodging vehicles getting on or off the freeway at 60+mph. When/if people learn how to merge with the flow of traffic I will reconsider my position. I am not expecting that to happen any time soon.
    CanyonMan
    Please allow me to apologize. I should’ve said that I detest it when people do this, not that I detest people who do it. It takes time and effort for me to communicate better.

Having said that, it’s clear we shall not agree on this topic. Reminds me a bit of the lane ends, merge right argument where people get mad when others occupy the lane that ends up to the last minute. That’s what should happen, IMHO. How many miles is “socially acceptable” to abandon that lane and extend the line?

Aside from my own thread hijack above, I will certainly follow up with what is reported. The dealer did not call me today but hope to hear something on Monday. I will also update the title and/or thread to reflect that in case I got over zealous with my prediction. I do specifically recall thinking how much I like my truck earlier that morning and I hate being the worry-wort on the eco-d scare.

Thanks,
    Z
    Kneebull likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM Bighorn
    Liked
    271 times
    Quote Originally Posted by r3gill View Post
    It cant just blow up without any noises for a few minutes.. Also a locked up engine will not turn over. Bet you have something else going on in there..
    It's an ecodiesel. Yes it can. And it will.
    2014 RAM Ecodiesel Bighorn
    2014 Dodge Durango V6 3.6L

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 1500 Laramie CC SWB GDE Eco-diesel 4X4
    Liked
    982 times
    Well since there is oil on the dipstick you didn't take the lower end out! As for warranty, mine has 8 years or 120,000 miles as I bought the truck with the Mopar bumper to bumper warranty that covers everything with a $100 deductible. I have had vehicles go well past the 250k mark and have had (all Fords) drop engines under the 36k mark. Shit happens when you have hundreds of parts spinning at high RPMs for miles on end. After you get the report back as to what is wrong with the truck let us know.

Good luck.
    MR. TED and Whammo like this.
    2015 Ram Laramie Crew Cab, short box, 4X4, GDE Tune, western brown with canyon brown light frost beige W/BENCH SEAT, wheel to wheel bars, front windows tinted 15%, 8.4AN radio and more gadgets than I know what to do with!

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 CCSB bighorn Eco
    Liked
    779 times

Add another one to the list...

My truck did the same thing when the lift pump quit. When it happened I immediately feared the worst. I was able to get it running after awhile (died 2 more times on the way and feared I would fry the HPFP but didnít) to get it to a ram dealer. Paid their $1200 as I was hours from home and my tools out of warranty. My truck was at 130kish miles I believe. There may be hope yet. At your mileage, if the lift pump hasnít been replaced... I would not be surprised. Donít add it to the list just yet.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1028 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeMadeSin View Post
    I read a couple of posts about the reluctor ring. It does sound like that and I will take that over an engine failure. Any improvements on that design or is it just another reset and wait for it to fail again type of thing?
    If only it were as simple as a reset! Here's my thread that includes pics of the parts and the repair bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    Did you have air suspension at the time?
    Nope.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links