Sad to say good bye - Page 2

Sad to say good bye

This is a discussion on Sad to say good bye within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Originally Posted by sabmgb Well after owning a 14 and a 16 ED, I have traded in for a 19 grand cherokee. I had 5 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sad to say good bye

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1074 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sabmgb View Post
    Well after owning a 14 and a 16 ED, I have traded in for a 19 grand cherokee. I had 5 years of pretty much flawless driving with the ED's. Mileage averaged pretty much the same in both vehicles, until the last couple months. Part of the reason I traded. Was at dealer and they flashed the computer. Since that time its fuel mileage sucked. It wouldn't shift automatically out of 6th. Anyway I have been on the fence anyway and this just pushed me over. I will miss the space I had. I was concerned more with getting into and out of truck with my disability, was getting harder all the time. I for one was not one of the fear mongers about the engine, I did have concerns of the maintenance costs as I was on the line between driving enough miles and not to make it worth it.
    Anyway, happy driving and enjoy your ED's. Maybe I will stop in once and awhile to see what's going on.
    Apologies to you... you explained why you were getting rid of the ED... didn't see the last part. Hope the GC is able to serve your needs better. Don't be a stranger.

Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    I come back now and then, but only read the positive posts. A lot of neg on this site, maybe there a reason, but I never had any reason to be neg with the 2 I had.

I traded for more then the disability, but that was a big reason. I didn't feel like i was putting enough miles on it to warrant the cost or maintenance. From what maintenance I did it was way more, pretty much double than gas.engine. I only pull a max of 4500lb so didn't need as much as the ED. The tune might have taken care of some of the minor concerns, but that came a cost I wasn't really prepared to spend. I will be retiring soon and now with the 2019 I should be goo for a long time and got a pretty good deal, at least good for me.

I have had the GC for a month now and am really enjoying it. Yes it is harder on fuel, but not as bad as I was expecting. Don't have the room as the truck, which I miss. But it is a lot easier on me getting in and out of, which is the most important part. I have to use my trailer a lot more now as I was always put the quad in back of truck. But that not a big issue as I used it yesterday to go turkey hunting in the pouring rain. Didn't take any longer really, bit but not a lot and I did get a really nice turkey in the pouring rain and a lot safer putting quad in trailer. GC pulls my boat really well, don't even know it there, and mileage a lot better then I was expecting pulling the boat.

In the end I believe I made the right choice and so do most of my friends.

Anyway I will be reading the posts here now and then.
    BlueMerleBC likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links