Sad to say good bye

Sad to say good bye

This is a discussion on Sad to say good bye within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Well after owning a 14 and a 16 ED, I have traded in for a 19 grand cherokee. I had 5 years of pretty much ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sad to say good bye

Member #
    Liked
    169 times

Sad to say good bye

Well after owning a 14 and a 16 ED, I have traded in for a 19 grand cherokee. I had 5 years of pretty much flawless driving with the ED's. Mileage averaged pretty much the same in both vehicles, until the last couple months. Part of the reason I traded. Was at dealer and they flashed the computer. Since that time its fuel mileage sucked. It wouldn't shift automatically out of 6th. Anyway I have been on the fence anyway and this just pushed me over. I will miss the space I had. I was concerned more with getting into and out of truck with my disability, was getting harder all the time. I for one was not one of the fear mongers about the engine, I did have concerns of the maintenance costs as I was on the line between driving enough miles and not to make it worth it.
    Anyway, happy driving and enjoy your ED's. Maybe I will stop in once and awhile to see what's going on.
    sourdo, 7milesup, jg08 and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4369 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sabmgb View Post
    Well after owning a 14 and a 16 ED, I have traded in for a 19 grand cherokee. I had 5 years of pretty much flawless driving with the ED's. Mileage averaged pretty much the same in both vehicles, until the last couple months. Part of the reason I traded. Was at dealer and they flashed the computer. Since that time its fuel mileage sucked. It wouldn't shift automatically out of 6th. Anyway I have been on the fence anyway and this just pushed me over. I will miss the space I had. I was concerned more with getting into and out of truck with my disability, was getting harder all the time. I for one was not one of the fear mongers about the engine, I did have concerns of the maintenance costs as I was on the line between driving enough miles and not to make it worth it.
    Anyway, happy driving and enjoy your ED's. Maybe I will stop in once and awhile to see what's going on.
    Good luck with the grand cherokee and do stop in once in a while.

Member #
    Vehicle
    17 ECODIESEL
    Liked
    340 times
    You will like the GC, especially in winter. I've owned 2, great vehicles! Never let the dealer reflash the Jeep's ECM, either!
    17 CC 4X4 Bighorn Ecodiesel GDE Hot Tune, 08 Arctic Cat 700 Super Duty Turbo Diesel ATV

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6528 times
    Not good to live in your fears.

Spending lots of money to make yourself feel better is probably a good thing for you. May you find the GC takes the fear out of your driving needs.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I have a Grand Cherokee with the ecodiesel engine. Great Vehicle, but this forum is the source of a lot of my information.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Laramie ED 4x4 CCSB
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    ...Spending lots of money to make yourself feel better is probably a good thing for you. May you find the GC takes the fear out of your driving needs.
    Are all 11,000 of your posts this passive aggressive?

Member #
    Vehicle
    4X4 2015 ED Outdoorsman CC ordered 8/12/14. Plan B 2014 Laramie ED CC 4X4 purchased 11/1/14.
    Liked
    2891 times
    Why do u guys feel the need to eff with people? Keep it on topic. Hope sabmgb stays in touch...been here since the beginning. Show a little respect. He has earned it! Thanks.
    Anomaly and 3DHawkeye like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1074 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sabmgb View Post
    Just curious why u chose to ditch instead of just get a GDE tune? Sounds like you had a good truck.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Eco
    Liked
    73 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo2 View Post
    Are all 11,000 of your posts this passive aggressive?
    I'll answer for him: Unless it's about hunting...yes.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggn85 View Post
    Just curious why u chose to ditch instead of just get a GDE tune? Sounds like you had a good truck.
    Did you not read the full post? I don't believe GDE has developed anything for helping disableds getting in and out of the truck.
    Bravo2 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1074 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    I'll answer for him: Unless it's about hunting...yes.

Did you not read the full post? I don't believe GDE has developed anything for helping disableds getting in and out of the truck.

I missed the last part - was reading on the train into work. No need for the snark. People on this forum really put on their cranky pants this morning. I was merely asking a question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links