Would you trade - Page 2

Would you trade

This is a discussion on Would you trade within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Forget the engines, I wouldn't trade a Laramie for a Big Horn...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Would you trade

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Laramie ED 4x4 CCSB
    Liked
    14 times
    Forget the engines, I wouldn't trade a Laramie for a Big Horn
    shawclan5 and Laidbackcat like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Hemi , 4 X 4,
    Liked
    242 times
    Court ruling due on 3 May 2019

FWIW: I have a MY 19 Bighorn. A lot would depend what Option Package it has. because if U get one with a lower option package, U lose on a lot of fluff (Capn hates the fluff). The Bighorns are not in the 30's, the MSRP w/o added are in the 45's and up. Mine was 48K, before rebates. But I did give up a few options that was in MY 15 ED. But the ED no longer fit what I needed. But it is all personal choice.

MPG: In town, 13-19... On Highway, 17-22. I got hand calc 22 mpg on a 4050 mile trip. That was flat, mountains, valleys, etc, TX to NC to NJ to DE to NC to TX, just stating what I got. But the 19 Hemi, if U stay above 70 MPH, gonna drop to 18 mpg or a bit lower. The MY 19 does not do well when over 65-70 mph threshold on MPG. Just my observations.
    shawclan5 likes this.
    2019 Bighorn 4 X 4, 3;21, pending rear, spray in Linux liner for box, Bright Red Crystal Pearl. TRADED in ED, no longer suited for my needs...
    2006 Honda Gold Wing GL1800, with installed 2015 Cobra Razor Trike Kit (Color=Yukon Gold)
    (2) Hossies,.. ... (4) Doggies... (Pics in album)

Let us be sure that those who come after will say of us in our time, that in our time we did everything that could be done. We finished the race; we kept them free; we kept the faith. RONALD REAGAN

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Really, A Longhorn ED for a Bighorn Hemi, He probably picked that up; for low 30's that is RAM's big discount vehicle. You are giving up way to many comforts, and extras. If you had 100k on yours i would think about it. It's a very nice vehicle but not worth the trade.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Longhorn 3.0 & GDE
    Liked
    482 times
    No...I would not trade
    2002 Excursion Limited 7.3 w/ 277k and counting
    2016 Longhorn ED with GDE 183k / 4.300 hrs and counting

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Limited Ecodiesel
    Liked
    121 times
    Is the Bighorn Hemi.......Orange or Sublime Lime?

Member #
    Vehicle
    17 ECODIESEL
    Liked
    241 times
    My company truck is a 2017 Bighorn hemi. It actually gets great mpgs! Winter averages 20, rest of year, 23+. It has 3:21's. No way would I trade my "tuned" Ecodiesel. I don't know why the 2020's would get worse mpg's , though. I never have to drive over 65, either, at least in Maine.
    17 CC 4X4 Bighorn Ecodiesel GDE Hot Tune, 08 Arctic Cat 700 Super Duty Turbo Diesel ATV

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I believe it's a metallic gray or black.

I'm leaning towards keeping mine. I do like the panoramic sunroof and android auto.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2199 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bandrae View Post
    I believe it's a metallic gray or black.

I'm leaning towards keeping mine. I do like the panoramic sunroof and android auto.
    If you live in cold country with salt on the road there is a lot of merit in getting a 3 year newer vehicle from a rust perspective. From what I have seen here about 8 years and rocker panels of the pre 2019 series Rams/Dodges start to perforate. You don't do many miles so the mileage doesn't mean much.

All the best,

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Lone Star Crew Cab 4x2 Maximum Steel
    Liked
    257 times
    Quote Originally Posted by howie12 View Post
    If you live in cold country with salt on the road there is a lot of merit in getting a 3 year newer vehicle from a rust perspective. From what I have seen here about 8 years and rocker panels of the pre 2019 series Rams/Dodges start to perforate. You don't do many miles so the mileage doesn't mean much.

All the best,
    Other benefit is that the gasser is going to be producing warm air a lot sooner. My Lone Star has heated seats & steering wheel, but only because it has the climate control package. If you use that now and won't have it, that would be a minus.

But Hemis aren't dropping crankshafts at the rate of 200 motors per month either, so there's that.

I think the trade is pretty even. If I could take the check and then trade, I'd do it probably. If you're putting 10k miles a year on your truck, then you really aren't driving enough for gas mileage to be a huge, huge factor.
    howie12 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Thank you everyone for your input. I'm definitely going to wait until I get my settlement check before I do anything.

I like the idea of a newer vehicle but also enjoy the features of the Longhorn trim level. MPG isn't a major issue due to my driving and the hemi does come with a superior "seat of the pants" experience.

I honestly shouldn't have purchased a diesel but the deal was simply too good to pass up. With the exception of a faulty fuel return line, which was fixed under warranty, and my annual winter CEL when the DEF level gets to about 1/3 tank (I have no idea why) and then goes out after a couple of days, the truck has been trouble free.

The truck is cherry, dealer maintained and I even still have the leather care card hanging on the front passenger seat. My neighbor uses his truck in his landscaping business which is getting busy with spring cleanings right now (he's doing my yard this Thursday).

I might even start looking at a new truck if I can get one at or close to an even trade. Dealer called a few weeks ago and told me they'd give me $35k on trade.

Thanks again guys. I don't post much or often but do read on a regular basis and have learned a lot. Especially since I'm a diesel rookie.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links