SFT Vs GDE - Page 2

SFT Vs GDE

This is a discussion on SFT Vs GDE within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Originally Posted by idoseadoo One of the things I like about SFT is the ability to go back to stock tune anytime. Once FCA warranties ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: SFT Vs GDE

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4377 times
    Quote Originally Posted by idoseadoo View Post
    One of the things I like about SFT is the ability to go back to stock tune anytime. Once FCA warranties our trucks, I'm sure getting a tune would void it.
    A quote from GDE:

The flash tool leaves a footprint via flash counter, this could be an issue with warranty if dealer checks it. That is a benefit for bench flashing ecms, not change in flash counter.
    navyr113 and Sasquatchilly like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4377 times

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Longhorn 3.0 & GDE
    Liked
    563 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    I'm a big believer in you get what you pay for. Here you've got actual software engineers that used to work for FCA, compared to someone who claims to be U.S. Combat Veteran Owned and Operated when they're not.

Take a look at the list of modifications to the ECM tune on each website and it's easy to see who has put in the work. Should your tune need troubleshooting, are you gonna turn to software engineers or the new kid on the block that think's it's cool to put the F bomb in his company's URL?
    Agree.100% and as a combat Vet I will say advertising as 'Veteran Owned' is more than sufficient. Most of us NEVER talk about it...some things a man must take to his grave. If however, he is an authentic CV...seems odd to market oneself using an experience of such tragedy to so many civilians.

It is the guys running around telling war stories or claiming combat service that typically are in the 'Stolen Valor' crowd.....IDK...just MO...

OP...GDE w/o question...and for transparency it is my understanding they are a sponsor of this site.
    2002 Excursion Limited 7.3 w/ 282k and counting
    2016 Longhorn ED with GDE 191k / 4,550 hrs and counting

Towing #s: https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...tml#post872001

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1557 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dakohrs21 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. As a service member I understand the dark sense of humor and vulgarity of the veteran community (and participate in it heavily), However, it’s a business and not a bar, and seemed very unprofessional. e
    Same. Know your audience, and there's a place and time for everything.

As an Infantry vet I take his claims very seriously. Someone else posted his service history and claimed stolen valor. Not cool.
    Sasquatchilly likes this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Eco Diesel, Tradesman, Crew Cab, 4x4
    Liked
    106 times
    Yeah, everyone knows from my tag what my status is. But it's there because its what the kids call me. The stolen valor thing bugs me, but what bugs me more is the whole attempt at what may be affinity fraud. "Hey, you can trust me because I'm a vet just like you." Riiiiiight. We see this junk a lot in Utah, but mostly through church.

I'll go with GDE after the AEM dust has settled and their engineers have figured out what the new tune needs.

I don't mean to imply that this fella isn't honest, I just happen to live in a place where because of the nearly weekly burns we hear about when someone says, "I'm like you, trust me," everyone tends to run away first and ask questions later.
    Last edited by Major Dad; 04-30-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    shawclan5 and Sasquatchilly like this.
    2015 ED Tradesman 4x4, 3.92 limited slip diff, trailer brake module, trailer tow mirrors, running boards, roll up tonneau cover, Air Lift 1000 rear coil spring air bags, spray in bed liner. GDE Hot tune and Trans tune. Original owner 36,000+ miles.
    20 foot Dune Sport custom toy hauler @ about 4,560 lbs empty, with WD hitch and sway bar.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500
    Liked
    546 times
    Sft not only steals valor but uses others companies tunes to create theres I would absolutely avoid them.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1557 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shawclan5 View Post
    It is the guys running around telling war stories or claiming combat service that typically are in the 'Stolen Valor' crowd.....IDK...just MO..
    I've always thought this as well. Be humble, no need to advertise. It's the quiet ones you should watch lol.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokedownbutgood View Post
    Sft not only steals valor but uses others companies tunes to create theres I would absolutely avoid them.
    I know of one company whose tune was being sold by another company and I kinda get the feeling I know who the company is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6535 times
    Reads like "Sofa King Tune" ( you can play the name game but this it all the website says that I could find) started up late last year. So, with maybe a 1/2 year experience, they market the tune. Noticed only one evaluation that was brief and related to power. One comment was he drag-raced a Duramax and won.

If pushing the limits of your engine is your thing then SFT or PPEI tuning might be an option. If you want to run and run and run cleanly with few issues - GDE. The decision and possible risk is yours.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1557 times
    I'm not sure SFT is even worthy of a comparison with PPEI as far as making decent power numbers.

The owner of SFT spammed this forum early on and was offered vendor status to continue. Seems he chose otherwise. Hmmmm....
    lucskoj and Sasquatchilly like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links