SFT Vs GDE - Page 3

SFT Vs GDE

This is a discussion on SFT Vs GDE within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Originally Posted by jetlag Look at this link, GDE is getting into the OBD2 business as well. It is truly the best way to tune ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: SFT Vs GDE

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 1500 Laramie CC SWB GDE Eco-diesel 4X4
    Liked
    954 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
    Look at this link, GDE is getting into the OBD2 business as well. It is truly the best way to tune a car/truck. Once GDE gets into it, the Old methods will go the way of the Dodo bird. And there will be other companies doing it as well.
    https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...-interest.html
    I would not even think of using a flash tool and here is why.
    GDE said The flash tool leaves a footprint via flash counter, this could be an issue with warranty if dealer checks it. That is a benefit for bench flashing ecms, not change in flash counter.
    So using a flash tool could and most likely would vold your powertrain warranty. The dealer makes a whole lot more money replacing a engine or trans off of you then they do off of FCA! Nope I will just drive the 60 +/- miles to have them tune/update as needed.
    Sasquatchilly likes this.
    2015 Ram Laramie Crew Cab, short box, 4X4, GDE Tune, western brown with canyon brown light frost beige W/BENCH SEAT, wheel to wheel bars, front windows tinted 15%, 8.4AN radio and more gadgets than I know what to do with!

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    GDE was looking at putting out a OBD flash capable tune with a handheld tuner, but have stated they are holding off on that until the AEM is out so they can see if it's worth their time. Their customer service is great, and the product they provide is worth the time and money.
    MAS and Sasquatchilly like this.
    2015 Limited, 3.55 LSD, bought 1/2017 (36k miles). GDE tuned since 3/17, 73k miles and counting.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by navyr113 View Post
    gde was looking at putting out a obd flash capable tune with a handheld tuner, but have stated they are holding off on that until the aem is out so they can see if it's worth their time. Their customer service is great, and the product they provide is worth the time and money.
    aem?

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    Black 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel CC 4x4 Air Suspension
    Liked
    81 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dakohrs21 View Post
    aem?
    Approved Emissions Modification

https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
    Captainmal and Sasquatchilly like this.

Mods: Cabin filter, Bakflip F1 and BakBox, Kat's block heater cord, Tinted front windows, Ram stainless steel door sill plates, Amp Research PowerSteps PNP

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRam View Post
    aem?
    Approved Emissions Modification

https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
    Oh, gotcha. I definitely plan on waiting until after the settlement to tune.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM EcoDiesel OutDoorsman
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    I'm a big believer in you get what you pay for. Here you've got actual software engineers that used to work for FCA, compared to someone who claims to be U.S. Combat Veteran Owned and Operated when they're not.

Take a look at the list of modifications to the ECM tune on each website and it's easy to see who has put in the work. Should your tune need troubleshooting, are you gonna turn to software engineers or the new kid on the block that think's it's cool to put the F bomb in his company's URL?
    We are VERY much Combat owned and operated. Do your research and DO NOT lie. Thank you. Personally 14 years AD, 11 years in the sand box on/off. More #*#$(*& than anyone should be exposed to. But I'm happy people can share opinions like you just did. That's why I do what I do. Right or wrong, you CAN speak your mind. Thanks for letting me serve.

As for the FCA engineers claim? The other company hasn't heard of Winols. You know, the software Bosch used to write the EDC17C79. Boggles my mind. Especially when I see the other company's simple logic, "do not open/do not inject/do not regen/do not throw CEL if disconnected". Whereas at SFT we ACTUALLY go deep into the ECU and delete 8-bit data relevant to what's being deleted.

First people accused SFT of "stealing GDE tuning" because GDE started that rumor. It's been proven 100+ times over now that WAS A LIE. As for the other stuff..."stay tuned". Open your mind and recognize something great when you see it. Sure, be skeptical, "Trust but verify", right? Just don't believe what you "think" without a shred of evidence or even supporting documentation.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    13 times
    “software engineers or the new kid on the block that think's it's cool to put the F bomb in his company's url”

I was thinking the same thing. As a service member I understand the dark sense of humor and vulgarity of the veteran community (and participate in it heavily), However, it’s a business and not a bar, and seemed very unprofessional. Nevertheless I was curious as to what people have experienced with them. After reading these, I wholeheartedly intend to go with GDE after all of the reviews I’ve read, and as mentioned, I’d pay the extra money for good service.

Dave
    Have you actually seen the reviews? Compared? We've tuned people who had GDE. They sold their GDE ECU/TCM device for SFT. Easy OBD2, flash to stock in less than 2 min, ECU/TCM tune is less than their ECU tune, all the extras are free. 24/7 support. Exhaust smells like crap with GDE's supertune and smokes like a chimney (SFT Stage 2 does none of that).

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shawclan5 View Post
    Agree.100% and as a combat Vet I will say advertising as 'Veteran Owned' is more than sufficient. Most of us NEVER talk about it...some things a man must take to his grave. If however, he is an authentic CV...seems odd to market oneself using an experience of such tragedy to so many civilians.

It is the guys running around telling war stories or claiming combat service that typically are in the 'Stolen Valor' crowd.....IDK...just MO...

OP...GDE w/o question...and for transparency it is my understanding they are a sponsor of this site.
    Funny you should mention that stolen valor. Digg hard enough and you'll find the owner of SFT on Fox news "War Stories with Ollie North". Explaining some of the combat experiences. I really don't get this. MOST civilians claim to enjoy the ease knowing it's a Vet...most Vets (especially those who never saw war) think this is a gimmick or funny? Not sure why.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Dad View Post
    Yeah, everyone knows from my tag what my status is. But it's there because its what the kids call me. The stolen valor thing bugs me, but what bugs me more is the whole attempt at what may be affinity fraud. "Hey, you can trust me because I'm a vet just like you." Riiiiiight. We see this junk a lot in Utah, but mostly through church.

I'll go with GDE after the AEM dust has settled and their engineers have figured out what the new tune needs.

I don't mean to imply that this fella isn't honest, I just happen to live in a place where because of the nearly weekly burns we hear about when someone says, "I'm like you, trust me," everyone tends to run away first and ask questions later.
    Seriously NEVER the intent "trust me I'm like you" bleeeh...that's BS. The Tunes speak for themselves, look around plenty compared. We already proved GDE lied about the "stealing tunes" BS. You ever question how suddenly SFT CAN actually tune via OBD2? Why the other monopolies aka companies aren't? Done the challenge, gave away free tunes to those with GDE to prove how different they are. Too easy and the truth always comes out.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokedownbutgood View Post
    Sft not only steals valor but uses others companies tunes to create theres I would absolutely avoid them.
    Must be another GDE "whistle" blower lol. You know they lied and SFT proved it wrong by tuning GDE customers, for free. Night and day, they sold their GDE equiment, even made money off it. lol

As for stolen valor, research yourself, you might just show a little thanks for the sacrifice we've done (NOT AT ALL SAYING YOU SHOULD). But damn man, 14 years I've been at this and it's shit to hear "stolen valor" at all associated with us.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links