SFT Vs GDE - Page 5

SFT Vs GDE

This is a discussion on SFT Vs GDE within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Jimmy, what's the regen frequency you've seen in your testing?...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: SFT Vs GDE

RAM Silver Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1615 times
    Jimmy, what's the regen frequency you've seen in your testing?
    Sasquatchilly likes this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM EcoDiesel OutDoorsman
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokedownbutgood View Post
    Sft has not proven anything yet but keep trying.
    SFT Vs GDE-capture-_2019-05-07-11-06-43.png

Here you see Keith admitting that SFT tunes are NOT related to GDE whatsoever.

This proves that the Keith lied when he said "Jimmy McKeown has started stealing the GDE engine tune recently now that OBD read/write is functional." is 100% a lie. GDE credibility = 0. Why put down another company? If they lie about this, what else?
    SFT Vs GDE-gde-claim.png

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    A lot of owners still have warranty and don't want to forfeit it by tuning via OBD2 as it's easily detectable at the dealer level.
    I'm not entirely sure that's accurate.

For example, let's say you get periodic updates from the dealer. Three ECU flashes later and you WILL have a flash count, yes? Now what if you get flashed by GDE now your flash count is 0. That is suspicious. Not to mention the ECU will have characteristics other than stock.

At SFT we flash you back to stock, sure the count has now gone up 2 (tune & stock flashes). However per the FCA guidance (tech shared this info, I read it with them). "Over 3 is reportable " so a flash count with a deviation of 4 or more will be reported.

Both have their pros and cons. But to claim "OBD2 is easily detectable at the dealer level" is false. The binary data is written back to the ECU with 0 trace of altered data (only flash count goes up).

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    15 times
    There's plenty of options out there. The claims everyone reads about are from customers. Not our own. We report back what we hear.

SFT has not been around, at all worth mentioning. The engineers, the science of it all has been around a long time. If you're familiar at all with the EDC17 ECU as Kory put it yesterday, "it's laid out like a book".

The goal at SFT was to make affordable safe and convenient options. We nailed it. OBD2 tuning, for less than an engine tune elsewhere you get the SFT engine & Transmission tunes. All the extra features added in there as well.

Customer service is available 24/7. We help people who have never owned anything from SFT.

As for the comparison reviews, they're out there. We will soon feature them on the website. The whole point was to prove SFT tune's were 100% original. This has now been proven. Case closed.

The SFT tunes are not everyone's cup of tea. If there's something you don't like, we'll work until it's right. Our SFT Stage 1 tune keeps all emissions in tact and people can use the OBD2 tuner to revert to stock/upgrade to an SFT Stage 2 tune in about 2 minutes or less.

Regardless if you want to attack the company or the people, I urge you to try the difference. It really is night and day. All from the convenience of your own home.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1615 times
    Jimmy, can you stop advertising long enough to answer my question?

What's the regen frequency you've seen in your testing?
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500
    Liked
    569 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SofaKingTuned View Post
    I'm not entirely sure that's accurate.

For example, let's say you get periodic updates from the dealer. Three ECU flashes later and you WILL have a flash count, yes? Now what if you get flashed by GDE now your flash count is 0. That is suspicious. Not to mention the ECU will have characteristics other than stock.

At SFT we flash you back to stock, sure the count has now gone up 2 (tune & stock flashes). However per the FCA guidance (tech shared this info, I read it with them). "Over 3 is reportable " so a flash count with a deviation of 4 or more will be reported.

Both have their pros and cons. But to claim "OBD2 is easily detectable at the dealer level" is false. The binary data is written back to the ECU with 0 trace of altered data (only flash count goes up).
    When fca flashes a vehicle it is reported and the flash count is wiped you need to research more before you claim false info.
    Kazimodo and Sasquatchilly like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500
    Liked
    569 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SofaKingTuned View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture+_2019-05-07-11-06-43.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	615.3 KB 
ID:	79908

Here you see Keith admitting that SFT tunes are NOT related to GDE whatsoever.

This proves that the Keith lied when he said "Jimmy McKeown has started stealing the GDE engine tune recently now that OBD read/write is functional." is 100% a lie. GDE credibility = 0. Why put down another company? If they lie about this, what else?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GDE claim.PNG 
Views:	111 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	79910
    Yes your tune uses a different logic strategy than gde, why is that? Gde credibility is proven and you well do nothing but destroy your self trying to disprove them. Im not trying to destroy you or even drag you down but your advertising is hurting yourself more than helping.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1615 times

N 48° 38.680, W 080° 40.837 (Northern Ontario)
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 SLT, QC, Ram Box, Black Forest Green, Canyon Brown
    Liked
    313 times
    If I was going to buy a tune I'd buy it from people who boost the product and advertise how good their product is. I get wary when I see sellers who use 'sensation" and unrelated self promotion to move a product.

1) sensation : "https://www.so****ingtuned.com/about.html#/"

If I saw the website for "So F*****g Tuned" or "Green Diesel Engineering", which one says "we do diesel tuning" ??

2) unrelated self promotion : "**U.S. Combat Veteran Owned and Operated**"

Without disparaging veterans ..... there is no technical connection between veterans and engine tunes. When I see things like this I wonder "why" this person feels the need to boost themselves this way. Is it to make up for some deficiency in the product and encourage patriotic sympathy to make up for it?

SFT's entire approach turns me off.

... just my $0.05
    TexasRam and CDNLaramie like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Longhorn 3.0 & GDE
    Liked
    570 times
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley View Post
    If I was going to buy a tune I'd buy it from people who boost the product and advertise how good their product is. I get wary when I see sellers who use 'sensation" and unrelated self promotion to move a product.

1) sensation : "https://www.so****ingtuned.com/about.html#/"

If I saw the website for "So F*****g Tuned" or "Green Diesel Engineering", which one says "we do diesel tuning" ??

2) unrelated self promotion : "**U.S. Combat Veteran Owned and Operated**"

Without disparaging veterans ..... there is no technical connection between veterans and engine tunes. When I see things like this I wonder "why" this person feels the need to boost themselves this way. Is it to make up for some deficiency in the product and encourage patriotic sympathy to make up for it?

SFT's entire approach turns me off.

... just my $0.05
    GDE documented engineered results VS Sft exhibiting roid rage, Napoleonic Overcompensation Complex, and Medicine Man Marketing
    TexasRam and CDNLaramie like this.
    2002 Excursion Limited 7.3 w/ 285k and counting
    2016 Longhorn ED with GDE 194k miles / 4,694 hrs and counting

Towing #s: https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...tml#post872001

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Sponsored Links