SFT Vs GDE - Page 6

SFT Vs GDE

This is a discussion on SFT Vs GDE within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Well damn, guess I started a little more than I thought I did. I’ll grab some popcorn and enjoy the show....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: SFT Vs GDE

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Well damn, guess I started a little more than I thought I did.

I’ll grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.
    jetlag likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    15 Ram Big Horn | 06 Liberty CRD Sport
    Liked
    1046 times
    Wow, I am glad I came for this. I have had great customer support from GDE for the past 7 years.
    2015 Ram 1500 ED Big Horn (Purchased 8/15) CC 6.5' Bed, GDE Tuned Since Week 1, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit Tonneau, 1A Auto Tow Mirrors, Debadged, SLT Grill Inserts, XD 797 Spy 18x8.5 Wheel with Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 LT275/65R18 Tires, 20" Stock Wheels Plastidipped with 275/60R20 Blizzaks DM-V2
    2006 Jeep Liberty CRD, GDE Engine and Transmission Tuned
    Back to work, New Travel Trailer Coming!

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4251 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dakohrs21 View Post
    Well damn, guess I started a little more than I thought I did.

I’ll grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.
    The show ended a few days ago. but never too late for some popcorn.
    Mopar73340 and DrivingZiggy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500, Lexus NX hybrid, Mopeds, boats, jet skis
    Liked
    25 times
    I think everyone is a bit harsh on SFT. So the guy doesn't know how to market, that doesn't mean his tune isn't legit. I'd be willing to try it, BUT my big hang-up is that 48k mi warranty they're issuing me for the AEM. My truck has 160k miles and in my heart of hearts, I KNOW something is going to fail in that time. So having that warranty is key. I'm not sure if either of the tunes will allow me to keep that warrantly w/o getting another ECU, as if I take it in for work, they'll overwrite the GDE tune. If I go SFT, they'll know it's tuned due to the flash count and I may lose the warranty altogether at the time I need it most. At least with GDE, I know I can get it REtuned by them for only $50, so that puts them ahead (given the tunes are similar). Maybe I should just get another ECU and flash it and put the stock one in when I need warranty work.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Crew Cab 4x4
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by idoseadoo View Post
    I think everyone is a bit harsh on SFT. So the guy doesn't know how to market, that doesn't mean his tune isn't legit. I'd be willing to try it, BUT my big hang-up is that 48k mi warranty they're issuing me for the AEM. My truck has 160k miles and in my heart of hearts, I KNOW something is going to fail in that time. So having that warranty is key. I'm not sure if either of the tunes will allow me to keep that warrantly w/o getting another ECU, as if I take it in for work, they'll overwrite the GDE tune. If I go SFT, they'll know it's tuned due to the flash count and I may lose the warranty altogether at the time I need it most. At least with GDE, I know I can get it REtuned by them for only $50, so that puts them ahead (given the tunes are similar). Maybe I should just get another ECU and flash it and put the stock one in when I need warranty work.
    My Thoughts exactly. I am happy to take the $3000 and the warranty, get the GDE Tune on a separate ECU from Co-Parts, and then IF I have an issue, I can swap the ECU out for warranty work. .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links