SFT Vs GDE

SFT Vs GDE

This is a discussion on SFT Vs GDE within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; I’m sure that this has been covered somewhere, someplace, that I can’t seem to find. If so, I apologize in advance. I’m curious as to ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: SFT Vs GDE

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

SFT Vs GDE

I’m sure that this has been covered somewhere, someplace, that I can’t seem to find. If so, I apologize in advance.

I’m curious as to how this new SFT ECM/TCM time holds up agains GDE. They make some fairly bold claims, over 30mpg in some cases. Additionally, all the work is done through the owners OBD2 instead of mailing out the ECM.

Package deal for the SFT tune is $1000, which includes the ECM and TCM tune, (stage 1 and stage 2 (off-road) are same price.)

GDE offers no package deal, and after adding the off-road option, ($100) would put the total cost around $1300-$1400 depending on features added, like high idle, turbo brake, etc.

I’d love to trust this new company, SFT, but I’m skeptical. Does anyone have experience with SFT’s tunes? Id like input from any owners running tunes who have looked into it, regardless of what tune you run (GDE, SFT, PPEI)

Regards,

Dave
    Sasquatchilly likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4251 times
    No need for apology. The search feature sucks!

The GDE tune is well established, makes no false claims and offers excellent support.

SFT is the new kid on the block and tends to make CRAZY claims which is always a turn-off for me.

Not sure what year truck you have, but if it's eligible for the EPA settlement I suggest staying away from any tune installed via the OBD port.

Just my 2 cents.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 3500
    Liked
    2333 times
    Well your talking a 400.00 difference, When I purchased a GDE tune I had an issue,they helped me trouble shoot the issue sent me a new def injector and called me back to make sure I was happy and my truck was running correctly.. Good Customer service and actual folks who know this trucks platform inside and out is well worth the 400.00 extra in IMOP... Just for their support....
    MAS, MR. TED, Why_rick and 4 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1307 times
    I agree with HNG. GDE has been a wealth of information to this forum with their tune and far beyond it.

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1406 times
    I'm a big believer in you get what you pay for. Here you've got actual software engineers that used to work for FCA, compared to someone who claims to be U.S. Combat Veteran Owned and Operated when they're not.

Take a look at the list of modifications to the ECM tune on each website and it's easy to see who has put in the work. Should your tune need troubleshooting, are you gonna turn to software engineers or the new kid on the block that think's it's cool to put the F bomb in his company's URL?
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Look at this link, GDE is getting into the OBD2 business as well. It is truly the best way to tune a car/truck. Once GDE gets into it, the Old methods will go the way of the Dodo bird. And there will be other companies doing it as well.
    https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...-interest.html
    Why_rick and Sasquatchilly like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    17 ECODIESEL
    Liked
    286 times
    Pretty sure you'll get 30 mpg with the GDE tune if, and this is a big if, you keep speeds to 65 mph and under. My Ram with 3:92's will get around 34 mpg if I keep it at 55 mph. My last tank was 33.4 mpg hand calculated= 739 miles and used only 22.082 gallons. 33.466 mpg. Much of that was a trip to northern Maine in very heavy rain, 65 and under, though speed limit was 75 mph much of the way. EVIC showed 32.4 mpg, btw. GDE Hot Tune with Regen Message and DEF deleted. Trip included one regen.
    17 CC 4X4 Bighorn Ecodiesel GDE Hot Tune, 08 Arctic Cat 700 Super Duty Turbo Diesel ATV

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    “software engineers or the new kid on the block that think's it's cool to put the F bomb in his company's url”

I was thinking the same thing. As a service member I understand the dark sense of humor and vulgarity of the veteran community (and participate in it heavily), However, it’s a business and not a bar, and seemed very unprofessional. Nevertheless I was curious as to what people have experienced with them. After reading these, I wholeheartedly intend to go with GDE after all of the reviews I’ve read, and as mentioned, I’d pay the extra money for good service.

Dave
    HYDREX, navyr113 and Sasquatchilly like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lamarie CC
    Liked
    63 times
    OP--You and your truck will be happy you did.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500, Lexus NX hybrid, Mopeds, boats, jet skis
    Liked
    25 times
    One of the things I like about SFT is the ability to go back to stock tune anytime. Once FCA warranties our trucks, I'm sure getting a tune would void it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links