2017 eco down the road

2017 eco down the road

This is a discussion on 2017 eco down the road within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Hey everyone, I don’t really post on here but I do read a lot of what everyone has to say. I’m sorry to say that ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By paveslave53

Thread: 2017 eco down the road

Member #
    Vehicle
    1500 Eco
    Liked
    7 times

2017 eco down the road

Hey everyone, I don’t really post on here but I do read a lot of what everyone has to say. I’m sorry to say that my 2017 eco-diesel after one year of ownership with 32,000 miles has been traded in for a DD for better mileage.I really bought the truck for a work truck for my business and rarely tow trailer with it since I have a 2018 Cummins.The wife needed a DD. The first thing I did with the truck was green diesel ECM and an intake.After 32,000 miles I had zero issues with the truck since the day I bought it absolutely loved it, the mileage ended up being an average of 25.1 by the time we traded it in.I got a lot better than that and I got a lot worse.In Texas no one drives under 80 so that’s part of the issue because my gearing wasn’t perfect for Highway I suffered a little bit on the top end. I’ve owned four three-quarter ton Cummins and 2 1/2 ton dodges and I have to say this is the best riding best driving most comfortable truck I’ve ever owned.including my Chevy and fords. I hope everyone that hasn’t had issues with their truck is as happy as I am because I have nothing bad to say about the truck other than the oil changes are expensive. Best of luck to everyone I will enjoy reading your posts. Who knows if they bring back a 1/2 ton dodge with a diesel again I might get one.
    HIX, Bounty Hunter, jetlag and 2 others like this.

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1547 times
    Thanks for checking in with your positive experience. Don't forget us if you decide to come back to the dark side of halfers.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 & 2014 Ford F-350
    Liked
    273 times
    Glad to hear of your experience, what did you get to replace it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    1500 Eco
    Liked
    7 times
    Got a new 330i with the 2.0 turbo , so far after a week of driving to work and back she is averaging 34.6 @ 75-80 I got a M235i after selling my Hellcat @ 762HP to the ground averaging 10-11 MPG. And it’s solid at 26 it’s impossible to keep your foot out of it. We never used to drive car when we lived on RENO but Texas seems like we live at fuel stations. I loved my eco for sure I had an issue going from my new u connect and then driving the eco 17 there is no comparison the 18 U connect is sooooo much better. I wish they made one in a regular cab short bed 2wd that would be an
    Amazing commuter.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Mine is a '15 with 32K miles and absolutely the same experience as you, although I just had my first mechanical experience with it. Yes, I had to replace the windshield wiper blades. It rides far better than my wife's Grand Cherokee and before too long it will need new tires which will improve the ride evn more.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6507 times
    80 mph is also common on Florida Interstates. That's why having the 3:55 rear end is a positive for the Ecodiesel. Guessing that is what you had on yours.

Sure hope you enjoy the car and it continues to give you the mpg you desire. As for the Cummins work truck - you need that 3;45 rear end to get fuel mileage at speed. Sadly the 2019's dropped that ratio so I expect their fuel mileage at higher speed to be negatively affected. It's often a crazy world but you seem to make sense.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Sponsored Links