Yet another visit to the dealer

This is a discussion on Yet another visit to the dealer within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; I swear my truck was built on a Friday or a Monday after the Super Bowl, something. Purchased my 2017 last March, currently it has ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Yet another visit to the dealer

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 1500 Laramie
    Liked
    6 times

I swear my truck was built on a Friday or a Monday after the Super Bowl, something. Purchased my 2017 last March, currently it has 13,000 miles. Since buying it, the headliner had to be replaced because the glue never set right so it was falling down. The heater didn't work, which resulted in several trips and maybe 2 months without the truck. The battery developed a short. And now the timing chain cover is leaking, dealership said 5-7 days for the parts.

FCA has been non-exsistant in this process. With the heater alone, 3 STAR cases and no help. So the dealership called an engineer directly and he was helping then said Screw it, you guys figure it out. Luckily I don't have any complaints with the servicing dealership, they have been great thru all this. The purchasing dealership, they are a bunch of clowns in the service department. good thing for me, the dealership I take it to now is about 5 miles from the house
    phprof likes this.
    4in Rancho Lift, GDE

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1406 times
    Have you been in touch with FCA Customer Service?
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 1500 Laramie
    Liked
    6 times
    I called them a few times and always got the "work with the dealership" answer. Wrote them a letter as well, but didn't hear anything back.
    4in Rancho Lift, GDE

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 4x4 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tmckinley View Post
    I called them a few times and always got the "work with the dealership" answer. Wrote them a letter as well, but didn't hear anything back.
    I too felt the "customer" service part of FCA is terrible. They once (literally) told me to hire a lawyer to resolve my issue.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM Bighorn
    Liked
    241 times
    I swear my truck was built on a Friday or a Monday after the Super Bowl, something. Purchased my 2017 last March, currently it has 13,000 miles. Since buying it, the headliner had to be replaced because the glue never set right so it was falling down. The heater didn't work, which resulted in several trips and maybe 2 months without the truck. The battery developed a short. And now the timing chain cover is leaking, dealership said 5-7 days for the parts.

FCA has been non-exsistant in this process. With the heater alone, 3 STAR cases and no help. So the dealership called an engineer directly and he was helping then said Screw it, you guys figure it out. Luckily I don't have any complaints with the servicing dealership, they have been great thru all this. The purchasing dealership, they are a bunch of clowns in the service department. good thing for me, the dealership I take it to now is about 5 miles from the house
    That is a long time to fix a heater. Look into your lemon laws in New Mexico. If you case fits the NM laws, lemon that thing back to the scrap yard.
    2014 RAM Ecodiesel Bighorn
    2014 Dodge Durango V6 3.6L

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM Bighorn
    Liked
    241 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcintyre View Post
    I too felt the "customer" service part of FCA is terrible. They once (literally) told me to hire a lawyer to resolve my issue.
    Other than Renault and perhaps BMW and Mercedes, FCA does have the title of worst customer service.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    In my case my repurchased vehicle did not go to the scrap yard. I don't know how FCA handles repurchases, but 29 years ago I purchased a 1990 GMC Suburban that was repurchased after 6 months of ownership. A few weeks after we settled, I received a phone call from a prospective buyer of my repurchased Suburban asking me why we had pursued a Lemon Law settlement. I told the buyer that the Suburban had horrendous water leaks near the windshield caused by poor body fitment at the firewall and cowl. I don't know how the repair was made because it appeared to require total disassembly of the front of the truck, realignment of the firewall and cowl, welding and repaint. In reality someone at the dealership probably filled in the gap with caulking compound and declared it "repaired." I sarcastically suggested a pre-purchase inspection consisting of a half hour spent in a coin car wash checking for leaks. I was stunned that 1. the truck was placed back on the market, and 2. someone would be foolish enough to purchase a Lemon Law vehicle.
    We currently have a 2015 Ecodiesel that we could easily have had repurchased due to time in the shop for regenerations and two limp mode encounters. Over 50 days in the shop in less than a year of ownership. A wiring harness was replaced and we have not had a recurrence of the problems. However, we regret not doing calling in the Lemon Law. Had the Hemi been a quieter ride we would have done so (Interesting how the new Hemi now has a noise cancelling system). I've been watching the local Craigslist ads and used Ecodiesels are not moving.
    sourdo likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 1500 Laramie
    Liked
    6 times
    Picked the truck up from the dealer today and everything so far seems to be fine. They were more than helpful with providing updates and a loaner while they had the truck. While they had it there was an update to the PCM, anybody have any ideas what the update was for? They just told me it was a general software update
    97hmcs likes this.
    4in Rancho Lift, GDE

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1406 times
    Picked the truck up from the dealer today and everything so far seems to be fine. They were more than helpful with providing updates and a loaner while they had the truck. While they had it there was an update to the PCM, anybody have any ideas what the update was for? They just told me it was a general software update
    See any other threads on this forum about a settlement? Or an AEM software flash?
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM Bighorn
    Liked
    241 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    See any other threads on this forum about a settlement? Or an AEM software flash?
    He has a 2017 model so I don't believe he needs one. It might have been the auto park update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links