Getting the AEM update today - Page 4

Getting the AEM update today

This is a discussion on Getting the AEM update today within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; I had my updates done yesterday.Both the AEM and the Transmission update. I set my paperwork in today to claim my money. I've driven about ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Getting the AEM update today

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Eco Diesel- BigHorn
    Liked
    39 times
    I had my updates done yesterday.Both the AEM and the Transmission update. I set my paperwork in today to claim my money. I've driven about 250 miles since the updates. The transmission actually seems to be smoother. The engine seems to not have quite as much power going uphill, unless I give her more pedal than I'm used to.Fuel mileage seems to be on par as before. My truck is a 2015. Just over 51months old and I rolled 155000 on her this afternoon. So I'm pretty use to how she feels and runs.
    Once I get the check, I'm calling GDE for the tune, and I'll probably do a full EGR delete as well. I'm the original owner, and will probably be the only owner of this truck. Oil has been changed every 5000 miles ( free for as long as I own it, from my Dealership) ,I've changed the front struts & Springs, rear shocks, and intake manifold. It still looks and drives like a new vehicle.I love my truck.
    97hmcs, Crash68, Kazimodo and 7 others like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Tradsman Diesel
    Liked
    58 times
    Got the V08 recall flash done today, dealer told me the update wasn't ready for my truck yet yesterday, had the oil changed and the other three recalls done. Picked it up and saw the paperwork on my seat for the warranty. Seems a little doggy shifts nice, lucky for me, my new GDE Tuned ECU comes tomorrow, will be changing the fuel filter and cleaning the map sensor then installing it.
    Kazimodo likes this.
    2015 Tradesman, 4x4, Deep Cherry Red, Exterior Appearence Group, Popular Equiment Group, 3.55 Gears, IBoard Aluminum Running Boards, Extang Solid Fold Cover

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1112 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
    Got the V08 recall flash done today, .... lucky for me, my new GDE Tuned ECU comes tomorrow, will be changing the fuel filter and cleaning the map sensor then installing it.
    Mailman , Let us know how the truck with V08 AEM " cooperates " with actual GDE tune ,
    will be nice to know eveything is still compatible , sure GDE will like to know too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Tradsman Diesel
    Liked
    58 times
    I will, GDE tech told me to install it right away. The biggest reason I bought it was turning off EGR, milage will be a bonus.
    sqeeter91 likes this.
    2015 Tradesman, 4x4, Deep Cherry Red, Exterior Appearence Group, Popular Equiment Group, 3.55 Gears, IBoard Aluminum Running Boards, Extang Solid Fold Cover

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    1112 times
    Turning off EGR is the major reason we all get GDE
    Dieselfever and Captainmal like this.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by idoseadoo View Post
    How long does it take to get the claim approved? I just submitted mine. Also, how long to get the cash? I need to go see the dealer anyway to get my truck's PIN so I can copy keys.
    I submitted my claim last Thursday, May 9th, and still haven't received an approval notification. Some say they had their claims approved in 4 days. That's certainly not the case for me.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500, Lexus NX hybrid, Mopeds, boats, jet skis
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sqeeter91 View Post
    I had my updates done yesterday.Both the AEM and the Transmission update. I set my paperwork in today to claim my money. I've driven about 250 miles since the updates. The transmission actually seems to be smoother. The engine seems to not have quite as much power going uphill, unless I give her more pedal than I'm used to.Fuel mileage seems to be on par as before. My truck is a 2015. Just over 51months old and I rolled 155000 on her this afternoon. So I'm pretty use to how she feels and runs.
    Once I get the check, I'm calling GDE for the tune, and I'll probably do a full EGR delete as well. I'm the original owner, and will probably be the only owner of this truck. Oil has been changed every 5000 miles ( free for as long as I own it, from my Dealership) ,I've changed the front struts & Springs, rear shocks, and intake manifold. It still looks and drives like a new vehicle.I love my truck.
    I wouldn't do that if I were you. My truck is a 2015 too at 158k miles and I just lost my reluctor wheel. It's the part that the crank position sensor reads. Very poorly made part, and if you haven't lost one yet, you might very shortly. The entire trans/xfer case has to come down to service it. I believe it'll be covered by the warranty, which they might deny you if you do a full delete... just my $0.02

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Has anyone received confirmation of completion of the AEM on their settlement site? How long after you had the AEM done did it take to get confirmation update at the settlement site?
    I still love my truck but incrementally less each time it throws a CEL!!

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    1112 times
    Ask your dealer , maybe they didn't assign anyone to the "paperwork" part of the process ,
    they flash the trucks , but then how do they and communicate with FCA to
    send your info , if they do it all every 3 days , then it will take 3 days .
    boocoodinkydow likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sqeeter91 View Post
    Are you on the original EGR cooler?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links