Getting the AEM update today

This is a discussion on Getting the AEM update today within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; I dropped my truck off at the dealer this morning to have the flash performed. The service adviser plugged in a wireless OBD2 reader and ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Getting the AEM update today

Member #
    Vehicle
    Black 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel CC 4x4 Air Suspension
    Liked
    83 times

I dropped my truck off at the dealer this morning to have the flash performed. The service adviser plugged in a wireless OBD2 reader and there were two items listed as available for my VIN: FCA Campaign #V08 "2014-2016 DS/WK 3.0L DIESEL" and FCA Campaign #U07 "2013-16 DS & 2014-16 DX 8-SPEED ROTARY SHIFTER". So it appears even though the settlement website states "The earliest date the AEM will be available is May 18, 2019" it is available now. I'll post my Post-AEM feedback later today once I've driven it a bit.
    Lucky Dog, JohnnyMac, Ram1 and 1 others like this.

Mods: Cabin filter, Bakflip F1 and BakBox, Kat's block heater cord, Tinted front windows, Ram stainless steel door sill plates, Amp Research PowerSteps PNP

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Eco Diesel, Tradesman, Crew Cab, 4x4
    Liked
    88 times
    Just now (12:03 MDT) received a text from my dealer asking if I want to schedule the AEM for tomorrow or the next day. So the fix must be available.
    JohnnyMac likes this.
    2015 ED Tradesman 4x4, 3.92 limited slip diff, trailer brake module, trailer tow mirrors, running boards, roll up tonneau cover, Air Lift 1000 rear coil spring air bags, spray in bed liner. Original owner 32,000+ miles.
    20 foot Dune Sport custom toy hauler @ about 4,560 lbs empty, with WD hitch and sway bar.

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Wow! I’m so jealous. Ive called three dealers in my area plus contacted customer care and all say “not available”.

But I just got this by email:

Fiat Chrysler has reviewed your settlement claim submission for your 2014 RAM 1500 LONGHORN CREW CAB 4X4 3.0L EcoDiesel (VIN Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and determined that you are eligible for compensation under the class action settlement. Please review the attached offer letter for further details about your benefits.
    JohnnyMac and Havanajoe like this.
    I still love my truck but incrementally less each time it throws a CEL!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Success finally! I have been calling the service departments specifically asking about the AEM and either they were totally in the dark or were closed minded to even checking for its availability.

New tactic: Here’s my VIN # can you tell me if I have any recalls due. Bingo!

And a heads up to all. It is available at ALL service departments NOW if you can convince the ticket tskers to look for it!
    redsunBC, JohnnyMac and Ram1 like this.

Member #
    Call my dealership to and they said it was ready to upload. The hotline representative said to sign up online before taking it in.

How long did it take them to perform the update?

LoneStar14 (formally Lonestar4x4)

Member #
    Vehicle
    Black 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel CC 4x4 Air Suspension
    Liked
    83 times
    Well the dealership service department just called and told me they weren't able to get to my vehicle today. They are providing me with a loaner vehicle. So it'll be tomorrow before I can provide feedback on the AEM.

They told me it should only take a couple hours for the update. I'm the first person this dealership has gone through this AEM process with. They discovered FCA REQUIRES the service department to present me with paperwork that goes over what the settlement's extended warranty covers and an AEM Disclosure (stuff I've already read on the settlement website) before they can update the software. I had left before they found out the about the paperwork and so they called me to let me know. They ended up emailing it to me and I replied saying I'd read it and wished to proceed with the AEM update.

Tip: When you take your vehicle in for the AEM update, if you are dropping it off, make sure you have them go through the paperwork with you before you leave otherwise they are not permitted by FCA to update anything.

Mods: Cabin filter, Bakflip F1 and BakBox, Kat's block heater cord, Tinted front windows, Ram stainless steel door sill plates, Amp Research PowerSteps PNP

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Good info in this thread for people this applies to

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boocoodinkydow View Post
    Wow! I’m so jealous. Ive called three dealers in my area plus contacted customer care and all say “not available”.

But I just got this by email:

Fiat Chrysler has reviewed your settlement claim submission for your 2014 RAM 1500 LONGHORN CREW CAB 4X4 3.0L EcoDiesel (VIN Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and determined that you are eligible for compensation under the class action settlement. Please review the attached offer letter for further details about your benefits.
    How long ago did you send in your paperwork?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2241 times
    I also got the following email and I submitted my application online online late on 3 May.

Fiat Chrysler has reviewed your settlement claim submission for your 2014 RAM 1500 LONGHORN CREW CAB 4X4 3.0L EcoDiesel (VIN ///////////) and determined that you are eligible for compensation under the class action settlement. Please review the attached offer letter for further details about your benefits.

You may submit your completed offer package and release by responding to this email and attaching a scan of the signed documents or by mailing the package to the address noted in the attached letter. You must return both the signed offer letter and the signed and notarized release form.

below is the text of the letter that came with the email.

Fiat Chrysler has reviewed your settlement claim submission for your 2014 RAM 1500 LONGHORN CREW
    CAB 4X4 3.0L EcoDiesel (VIN xxxxxxxxxxxxx) and determined that you are eligible for
    compensation under the class action settlement. This letter is your formal offer of settlement benefits. As
    detailed below, this letter is only an offer. To receive settlement compensation, you must: (1) accept the offer
    by signing below; (2) sign and have notarized the attached release form, and send both the offer letter and
    release to Fiat Chrysler; and (3) if you have not already done so, take your vehicle to an authorized Fiat
    Chrysler dealer to have the approved emissions modification installed.
    Should you choose to accept the offer, your benefits will include three components:
    a $3,075 cash payment;
    the approved emissions modification; and
    an extended warranty.
    For more information about the approved emissions modification or for details about the extended warranty,
    please visit www.EcoDieselSettlement.com or contact us at 1-833-280-4748.
    Accepting the Offer: You may accept the offer by signing this letter on the last page and signing and having
    notarized the attached release form. You must return both the signed offer letter and the signed and notarized
    release form to Fiat Chrysler. If your vehicle has more than one current owner, all of the vehicle’s
    owners must sign the offer letter and release form. You may submit the signed and notarized documents
    either by (1) replying to the email you received from Fiat Chrysler with the offer letter and attaching a scan
    of your completed documents, or (2) by mailing the completed documents to:
    EcoDiesel Settlement Claims
    P.O. Box 2960
    Farmington Hills, MI 48333-2960
    You must send both the signed offer letter and the signed and notarized release form before your acceptance
    is considered complete. The release only becomes effective and binding after you receive any payment.
    Approved Emissions Modification: If you have not already obtained the approved emissions modification
    for your vehicle, you may schedule an appointment for your vehicle to receive the approved emissions
    modification by contacting an authorized Fiat Chrysler dealer or by calling 1-833-280-4748. To locate your
    closest authorized Fiat Chrysler dealer, please visit www.ramtrucks.com/find-dealer.html.
    VIN XXXXXXXXXX
    Claim No. ??????
    Page 2
    Payment Method: You will receive your compensation in the form of a check, which will be mailed to you
    after Fiat Chrysler confirms that the approved emissions modification has been installed on your vehicle, and
    has received your signed offer letter and signed and notarized release form. The check will be mailed to the
    address listed at the top of this letter and will be payable to the addressees of this letter only. If your address
    does not match the one on this letter or there are multiple owners on this vehicle and they are not all listed on
    the first page of this letter, please contact us at 1-833-280-4748.
    If you have any questions about the claims process, please visit www.EcoDieselSettlement.com or call
    1-833-280-4748.

Before receiving payment, you must also complete the approved emissions modification for your vehicle. Fiat Chrysler will send your settlement check in the mail within six weeks after we receive your signed offer package and signed and notarized release and confirmation from your dealer that your vehicle has the approved emissions modification installed.

If you have any questions about your offer, please call 1-833-280-4748 for assistance or respond to this email.

EDIT- AND BELOW IS THE WORDING OF THE RELEASE DOCUMENT THAT MUST BE SIGNED AND NOTARIZED.

INDIVIDUAL RELEASE OF CLAIMS
    In re Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep EcoDiesel Marketing,
    Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation
    Case No. 3:17-md-02777 (N.D. Cal.)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________
    MUST BE COMPLETED BY CLAIMANT PRIOR TO RECEIVING ANY CLASS
    MEMBER PAYMENT
    In exchange for the benefits that (i) the Claims Administrator has determined I am eligible to receive
    under the class action settlement agreement in this case (the “Class Action Agreement”), and (ii) one 1
    or more of the Defendants, as applicable, has agreed to provide to me, the sufficiency of which I 2
    hereby acknowledge, I, on behalf of myself and my agents, heirs, executors, administrators, successors,
    assigns, insurers, attorneys, representatives, shareholders, owners associations, and any other legal or
    natural persons who may claim by, through or under me, hereby fully, finally, irrevocably, and forever
    release, waive, discharge, relinquish, settle, and acquit any and all claims, demands, actions, or causes
    of action, whether known or unknown, that I may have, purport to have, or may hereafter have against
    any Released Party arising out of or in any way related to the 3.0-liter Diesel Matter, except for claims
    of personal injury or wrongful death. This Individual Release is effective and binding when I receive a
    Class Member Payment under the Class Action Agreement.
    This Individual Release incorporates by reference the release and associated provisions set forth in
    Section 9 of the Class Action Agreement as if set forth fully herein, and, as to those provisions, shall
    have the same scope and effect as the Class Action Agreement. This Individual Release supplements 3
    the release and associated provisions set forth in Section 9 of the Class Action Agreement. It does not
    supersede them.
    I expressly understand and acknowledge that this Individual Release applies to claims of which I am
    not presently aware. I expressly understand and acknowledge Section 1542 of the California Civil
    Code, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not
    know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by
    him or her must have materially
    Defendants, as that term is used herein, include: FCA US LLC, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V., 2
    Sergio Marchionne and his estate, VW Motori S.p.A., VM North America, Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH,
    and Robert Bosch LLC.
    A copy of the Class Action Agreement is available at www.EcoDieselSettlement.com. 3
    affected his or her settlement with the debtor.” I acknowledge that I am aware of the contents and
    VIN XXXXXXX
    Claim No. 58501126
    Page 5
    affected his or her settlement with the debtor.” I acknowledge that I am aware of the contents and
    effect of Section 1542 and have considered the possibility that the number, nature, or magnitude of all
    claims may not currently be known. To ensure that this Individual Release is interpreted fully in
    accordance with its terms, I expressly waive and relinquish any and all rights and benefits that I may
    have under Section 1542 to the extent that such section may be applicable to the Individual Release
    and likewise expressly waive and relinquish any rights or benefits of any law of any state or territory of
    the United States, federal law or principle of common law, or of international or foreign law, which is
    similar, comparable, analogous, or equivalent to Section 1542 of the California Code to the extent that
    such laws or principles may be applicable to the Individual Release.
    For the avoidance of doubt, I expressly understand and acknowledge that I may hereafter
    discover claims presently unknown or unsuspected, or facts in addition to or different from those
    that I now know or believe to be true, related to the 3.0-liter Diesel Matter, the Action and/or the
    Individual Release herein. Nevertheless, it is my intention in executing this Individual Release to
    fully, finally, irrevocably, and forever release, waive, discharge, relinquish, settle, and acquit all
    such matters, and all claims relating thereto which exist, hereafter may exist, or might have
    existed (whether or not previously or currently asserted in any action or proceeding) with respect
    to the 3.0-liter Diesel Matter or the Action in accordance with the terms of the Class Action
    Agreement. This includes, without limitation, any claims I have or may have with respect to the
    3.0-liter Diesel Matter under the Trade Regulation Rule Concerning the Preservation of Consumers’
    Claims and Defenses, 16 C.F.R. § 433.2 (the “Holder Rule”).
    The Individual Release shall remain effective regardless of any judicial, quasi-judicial, arbitral,
    administrative, regulatory, or other decision relating to the liability of any Released Party in connection
    with the 3.0-liter Diesel Matter. For the avoidance of doubt, this Individual Release shall remain
    effective even if the Final Approval Order is reversed and/or vacated on appeal, or if the Class Action
    Agreement is abrogated or otherwise voided in whole or in part.
    This Individual Release waives or releases any right to receive further monetary compensation or to
    pursue additional benefits under the Class Action Agreement, except that nothing in this Individual
    Release changes any existing rights I may have to challenge or otherwise assert a claim against Fiat
    Chrysler arising from (1) a violation by Fiat Chrysler of the Clean Air Act, the California Health and
    Safety Code, or applicable regulations thereunder in connection with the certification of the Approved
    Emissions Modification, or (2) under the Extended Warranty. This Individual Release is limited to my
    vehicle VIN XXXXXX and does not affect my rights, claims, or benefits regarding any
    other vehicle.
    This Individual Release, and any dispute arising out of or related to this Individual Release, shall be
    governed by and interpreted according to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and applicable
    jurisprudence relating thereto, and the laws of the State of California notwithstanding its conflict of law
    provisions. This Individual Release will be binding upon my successors, transferees, and assigns.
    Any disagreement concerning and/or action to enforce this Individual Release shall be commenced and
    maintained only in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
    I represent and warrant that I have carefully read and understand this Individual Release and that I
    executed it freely, voluntarily, and without being pressured or influenced by, or relying on, any
    statement or representation made by any person or entity acting on behalf of any Released Party. I
    certify that I understand that I have the right to consult with an attorney of my choice before signing
    this Individual Release.
    VIN XXXXXX
    Claim No. 58501126
    Page 6
    10. I represent and warrant that I have authority to execute this Individual Release and that I am the sole
    and exclusive owner of all claims that I am releasing pursuant to this Individual Release. I
    acknowledge that I have not assigned, pledged, or in any manner whatsoever, sold, transferred,
    assigned or encumbered any right, title, interest or claim arising out of or in any way whatsoever
    pertaining to the 3.0-liter Diesel Matter.
    Last edited by howie12; 05-07-2019 at 05:09 PM. Reason: ADDED RELEASE WORDING

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    How long ago did you send in your paperwork?
    Friday evening. Received this response yesterday morning. Signed and notarized the docs and emailed them back last night. Had notification in email this morning that they had received and approved all paperwork and just waiting on verification of installation of AEM. I’m amazed at how rapidly this is progressing. I got caught up in the VW tdi buyback and it took almost six months to evolve.
    howie12 likes this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links