So.... 10 warranty? Nobody knows . - Page 2

So.... 10 warranty? Nobody knows .

This is a discussion on So.... 10 warranty? Nobody knows . within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Below is what is in my Maxcare plan but is not the agreement I have with my dealer who sold it as the refund would ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: So.... 10 warranty? Nobody knows .

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    200 times
    Below is what is in my Maxcare plan but is not the agreement I have with my dealer who sold it as the refund would be given as long as I had claimed less than the purchase price of the warranty. Like my oil change plan which is different from what they are covering vs what the actual plan states, I expect the dealer to honor our agreement as he has been with the oil change plan. In any case below is what is in writing.

MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: We will reimburse you 100% of the purchase price of this Plan (up to MSRP, Manufacturer’s
    Suggested Retail Price,) if: (1) the Plan expires by time or mileage and no mechanical component repair or diagnostic claims have
    been paid. (2) The Refund Request Form, enclosed, must be submitted within 90 days of plan term expiration date
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Vehicle
    '88 BMW 535is, Ram 1500 Laramie
    Liked
    305 times
    You see the reference to "less a pro-rated adjustment"? You cancel the day before expiration and you'll get 1 day's money back, call it a dollar. Minus a $75 fee. So you'll be paying $74 to cancel the warranty a day prior. Seems like a bad plan.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing. -E. Burke
    www.Gress.org

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    200 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerGress View Post
    You see the reference to "less a pro-rated adjustment"? You cancel the day before expiration and you'll get 1 day's money back, call it a dollar. Minus a $75 fee. So you'll be paying $74 to cancel the warranty a day prior. Seems like a bad plan.
    Read what I posted after that
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    '88 BMW 535is, Ram 1500 Laramie
    Liked
    305 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bill-e View Post
    Read what I posted after that
    Ok, but the doc you linked to doesn't say what you are asserting. Also, it's too good to be true. If your plan was workable, everyone would do it. No one is dumb enough to allow what you're talking about. So, one way or another, it's not going to work. What we pay for with these warranties isn't really a warranty, but "insurance". What we buy with our money is "peace of mind", just like any other insurance policy. At the end of the term, we don't get our money all back. We bought peace of mind and they delivered. They own us nothing upon expiration.

Right now we might have trouble creating perfect clarity as to what sentence in the agreement is going to kill your scheme, but it will end up dead. Give them a call. Tell them your plan. See what they say.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing. -E. Burke
    www.Gress.org

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    200 times
    I didn't link a doc, what 97hmcs linked is the standard cancellation text (Refund Policy). I have a guaranteed plan....not the same thing. I pasted from my warranty plan. What part of the Money Back Guarantee text I posted don't you understand? Worst case if I comply with the guarantee I get my money back. Best case is the dealer lives up to his agreement and I have more flexibility.

7/70 MAXIMUM CARE MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
    EFFECTIVE: 04/11/2015
    EXPIRES: 04/10/2022 OR 70,000 MI
    SELLING DEALER: 60563 HILLSBORO CDJR, LLC
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 BlueStreak EcoDiesel OD CC
    Liked
    177 times
    I think that the cancellation refund offers with some warranties are a marketing tool to sway buyers in the sales office, and the cost to the insurer is built into the premium.
    Sounds like a deal sealer when the F&I guy can say "and you can get your premium refunded if you never make any claims!"
    2016 Ecodiesel 4x4 Outdoorsman
    2012 Pentastar Blacktop Charger
    1972 400-4 Plymouth Road Runner

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4251 times
    Sounds like Bill has this one.

How Money-Backed Guarantee Works!
    DaimlerChrysler Service Contracts new Money Back Guarantee Plan provides you with the best mechanical coverage in the industry for your vehicle. If it's mechanical, it's covered! And if you don't need to use the plan to cover any diagnostic or mechanical repairs during the coverage period (life of the contract), you will receive 100% refund of your Money Back! Guaranteed!

The following requirements must be met:
    No diagnostics or mechanical repairs are performed during the life of the contract.
    The customer must be in possession of the plan and vehicle at the time of requesting 100% full refund.
    The contract must expire by time (should the contract expire by mileage first, the customer must wait for it to expire by time before applying for 100% full refund.
    Customer submits request within 90 days of expiration.
    Note: Other plan benefits (Roadside Assistance, Towing, First Day Rental, Car Rental and Trip Interruption) may be utilized at anytime during the plan term without penalty to the "Money-Back" Guarantee offer.

Maximum Care with Money-Back Guarantee
    "Money-Back" Maximum Care - Covers 5,000+ Components, Providing Complete Mechanical Coverage Beyond the Vehicle's Factory Warranty!

Plan Terms
    5 Years/60,000 Miles, 75,000 Miles, 85,000 Miles, 100,000 Miles or 125,000 Miles
    6 Years/60,000 Miles, 75,000 Miles, 85,000 Miles, 100,000 Miles or 125,000 Miles
    7 Years/60,000 Miles, 75,000 Miles, 85,000 Miles, 100,000 Miles or 125,000 Miles
    8 Years/60,000 Miles, 75,000 Miles, 85,000 Miles, 100,000 Miles or 125,000 Miles
    Plan Benefits
    $100 Deductible Per Repair Visit
    $100 Sign-And-Go Towing/Roadside Assistance
    $35 First Day Rental
    $35/Day Car Rental Allowance
    $1,000 Trip Interruption Protection
    Auto Valet Concierge Service
    100% Refund - Up to Maximum MSRP

https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com.../?plan_id=2019

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    200 times
    Two other benefits for the AEM warranty. You will never have to pay for a code scan and they must apply the warranty which is best for you. That means no MaxCare deductible for any of the AEM covered items.

• Additionally, the Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of any OBD Diagnostic Scan for malfunctions that trigger the OBD Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL), regardless of whether the malfunction is attributable to a part that is covered under the Extended Warranty.

The Approved Emissions Modification Extended Warranty will not void any outstanding warranty. If there is a conflict between the Extended Warranty and any outstanding warranty, that conflict will be resolved to your benefit.
    97hmcs likes this.
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie LTD Crew Cab ED Black of course.
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazimodo View Post
    Babydiezel , 7th line , page 15 in linked PDF file .
    Does this apply to Canadian trucks?
    2015 Laramie ED 1500 Crew 4X4 Loaded. At 42000 kms now
    2003 GMC Duramax 2500 Crew 6.6 litre Diesel 4X4 Loaded
    1993 Chevrolet 1500 2 WD 6.2 litre Diesel Ext Cab Loaded
    1986 GMC 1500 2 WD 6.2 litre Diesel REG CAB Loaded

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldoya View Post
    Does this apply to Canadian trucks?
    Nothing on this subject applies to Canadian trucks , if you want to follow what may , or may not happen North of the Border
    there is a thread about the Canadian saga of this settlement ,
    https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...on-canada.html

----------------------------------------------------------------
    in Canada : https://sotosclassactions.com/cases/...at-chrysler-2/

Nothing much so far , what is your level of confidence towards "Canada Environment Commision " ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links