do i need uconnect

do i need uconnect

This is a discussion on do i need uconnect within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; so I havent had uconnect for over a year now and don't miss it .I guess I do need it to up date my GPS ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 97hmcs
  • 1 Post By bill-e

Thread: do i need uconnect

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 1500 ecodiesel 1996 25005.9

do i need uconnect

so I havent had uconnect for over a year now and don't miss it .I guess I do need it to up date my GPS . I have an email offering it for 1/2 price till the 31st .What else is it good for ??

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4385 times
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    so I havent had uconnect for over a year now and don't miss it .I guess I do need it to up date my GPS . I have an email offering it for 1/2 price till the 31st .What else is it good for ??
    No. Uconnect is not required to update your GPS. Nav updates are a separate purchase and come on a USB stick.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Longhorn Deep Cherry Red
    I haven't had it for years. I guess what I maybe miss about it is the text portion and the health reports I used to get via email but both no biggies for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 with 3:55
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Well if you have a habit of forgetting where you parked, the location feature would definitely be helpful I always fear locking the keys in the truck while on vacation somewhere. So then it would be nice to unlock doors with your phone. However the way I understand it, you can have it remotely unlocked if you call the number and then pay a one-time fee for that. Not sure how much that would be.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4385 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DHawkeye View Post
    Well if you have a habit of forgetting where you parked, the location feature would definitely be helpful I always fear locking the keys in the truck while on vacation somewhere. So then it would be nice to unlock doors with your phone. However the way I understand it, you can have it remotely unlocked if you call the number and then pay a one-time fee for that. Not sure how much that would be.
    I did hear something about a one-time fee for lock-out. I never had a problem remembering where I park and there's an option with google maps on the phone for when I become more forgetful. I keep a door key hidden in a magnetic box underneath on the frame, but I forget where it's at.
    3DHawkeye likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 1500 ecodiesel 1996 25005.9
    Sounds like something I don't need ,thanks for the answers >

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    219 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    I did hear something about a one-time fee for lock-out. I never had a problem remembering where I park and there's an option with google maps on the phone for when I become more forgetful. I keep a door key hidden in a magnetic box underneath on the frame, but I forget where it's at.
    You basically pay for 1 month. What I don't know is if they subscribe you and you then have to remember to cancel it.

Personally since I travel a lot I find the phone engine start a blessing in the winter when I arrive at the airport.
    97hmcs likes this.
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram !500 Laramie Crew
    Liked
    171 times
    Apple maps (Google?) will also keep track of where you parked if your phone is synced to the vehicle. Probably the biggest thing I will miss if I give up Uconnect is being able to send address to my nav.

Sponsored Links