AEM/GDE response?? - Page 3

AEM/GDE response??

This is a discussion on AEM/GDE response?? within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Originally Posted by Steve49 Why should they do it for free, this isn't a screw up on their part! Wasn't a screw up on my ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: AEM/GDE response??

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 CC 4x2
    Liked
    268 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve49 View Post
    Why should they do it for free, this isn't a screw up on their part!
    Wasn't a screw up on my part either...

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 CC 4x2
    Liked
    268 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazimodo View Post
    Patriot07 ,If you would have kept your stock ECM , no $50 plus shipping , much less expensive , but .........
    now you get latest version of the tune , with the changed parameters here and there in the tune to make it the hot tune.

for those fearing down time , remember ;
    - you contact GDE , ask for a new updated ECM to be shipped to you ,
    -you receive new ECM , install in your truck , and send back your previous ECM , no down time
    - YES of course GDE will charge you +/- $650 for the core , but it will be refunded when they get it back -NO DOWN TIME -
    I totally understand the need for a core charge , you never know if some wise guy will decide to keep the ECM
    and he might change his mind and decide to keep it , why not , just expensive to pay $650 when you can get it for less.
    So GDE will work after the AEM flash if you just swap to the factory ECM before and re-swap after?

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot07 View Post
    So GDE will work after the AEM flash if you just swap to the factory ECM before and re-swap after?
    I also hope i can just put my stock ECM back in, bring in the truck and have them flash that, then reinstall my GDE tuned ECM and put the stock one back on the shelf.
    sourdo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerAce View Post
    I also hope i can just put my stock ECM back in, bring in the truck and have them flash that, then reinstall my GDE tuned ECM and put the stock one back on the shelf.
    That's exactly the way to do it .
    only people who will have it rough , are the ones who removed EGR cooler
    the stock ECM will not like the feedback and throw codes while running the stock ECM .
    patriot07 and StrokerAce like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Long Horn, CC, 4x4
    Liked
    221 times
    WELL Then,,,,Send the bill to whom ever you think screwed the pooch and wait for your reimbursement check in the mail from them. Please let us know how that works out.

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1406 times
    Ah, but it is. It's totally your choice to have the flash done and receive the $3000 settlement. If the $50 is an issue, either run the stock tune or don't get the AEM installed.

You seem like the type who always wants something for free. $3000 falls in your lap and complain about having to spend $50 to get the tune you want.
    JimboAnz, 97hmcs, lucskoj and 8 others like this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 CC 4x2
    Liked
    268 times
    Thanks for the kind posts BH and smoky. Seems that kazimodo believes I'm good to go as-is as I still have my stock ECM.

My point was the if their tune needs to be updated to work with the truck, then that's on them. Of course if I over-write it, then I expect to pay $50. That was never in question. I'm sorry if you mis-read or I communicated poorly.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1113 times
    Seems that kazimodo believes I'm good to go as-is as I still have my stock ECM.

Patriot , see post # 8 in here : https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...ll-notice.html
    don't take my word for it , GDE in person in that post

the new version of the Hot Tune , that will be built from the newest AEM as a starter template ,will work ,
    the older version you are running is compatible with other stuff your dealer will flash on the truck during the AEM ,
    my version is March 2018 , if you are not sure about the version you have , I would send a little question to GDE
    asking them if your version , according to the date you got it , is good to go , I'm sure reassurance from GDE
    would erase all worries .
    [email protected]

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1306 times
    So you have to pay $50 plus shipping just to keep using your tune? That sucks.
    The way I look at it, you don't have to do the AEM, you can keep driving your truck as is, but you wont get the $3,075 or the extended warranty etc.

If you want to get the update and get the $$$ then if you don't have a spare ecu your going to have to pay the update if you want your tune back. From my understanding the update isn't mandatory.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 CC 4x2
    Liked
    268 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MAS View Post
    The way I look at it, you don't have to do the AEM, you can keep driving your truck as is, but you wont get the $3,075 or the extended warranty etc.

If you want to get the update and get the $$$ then if you don't have a spare ecu your going to have to pay the update if you want your tune back. From my understanding the update isn't mandatory.
    I have a spare ECM. Should be fine.

My beef wasn't with GDE charging to re-update an ECM that had been overwritten - it was with the post that made me believe that GDE's tune wouldn't work with post-AEM trucks. If they're required to update their tune for our trucks to keep working, that shouldn't be on me. But it sounds like it doesn't, and I should be fine.
    MAS likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links