Non-deleted and over 100,000 miles? - Page 3

Non-deleted and over 100,000 miles?

This is a discussion on Non-deleted and over 100,000 miles? within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Originally Posted by biodiesel I'm glad it turned out okay. Tell her not to give up on hiking, skiing, and other high altitude experiences. She ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Non-deleted and over 100,000 miles?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram !500 Laramie Crew
    Liked
    184 times
    Quote Originally Posted by biodiesel View Post
    I'm glad it turned out okay. Tell her not to give up on hiking, skiing, and other high altitude experiences. She needed more time to acclimate to the altitude. We live, eat, an breathe at 6,500 feet, so altitude sickness is not going to be a problem for us unless we climb some of the higher peaks around the world that are pushing 15,000' - 19,000' feet.

Our goal is to summit the highpoint in all 50 states, which is how we have put 70,000 miles on our truck in less than three years. As mentioned above, we've traveled through 17 states and will be traveling through several more in the upcoming weeks. Based on altitude, here are the ones that we've accomplished thus far:

By elevation:

345 ft. (Britton Hill) FL
    535 ft. (Driskill Mt.) LA
    806 ft. (Woodall Mt.) MS
    1,772 ft. (Taum Sauk) MO
    2,405 ft. (Cheaha Mt.) AL
    2,753 ft. (Magazine Mountain) AR
    4,039 ft. (Mt. Sunflower) KS
    4,975 ft. (Black Mesa) OK
    5,426 ft. (Panorama Point) NE
    8,749 ft. (Guadalupe Peak) TX
    12,633 ft. (Humphreys Peak) AZ
    13,140 ft. (Boundary Peak) NV
    13,161 ft. (Wheeler Peak) NM
    14,433 ft. (Mt. Elbert) CO

By difficulty:

Difficulty: 1, Florida - Britton Hill
    Difficulty: 1, Mississippi - Woodall Mt.
    Difficulty: 1, Missouri - Taum Sauk Mt.
    Difficulty: 1, Alabama - Cheaha Mt.
    Difficulty: 1, Kansas - Mt. Sunflower
    Difficulty: 1, Nebraska - Panorama Point
    Difficulty: 2, Arkansas – Magazine Mt.
    Difficulty: 2, Louisiana - Driskill Mt.
    Difficulty: 4, Oklahoma - Black Mesa
    Difficulty: 5, Texas - Guadalupe Peak
    Difficulty: 6, Arizona - Humphreys Peak
    Difficulty: 6, New Mexico - Wheeler Peak
    Difficulty: 6, Colorado – Mt. Elbert
    Difficulty: 6, Nevada – Boundary Peak
    I don't se Mt Mitchell, NC on your list yet. It's listed at 6684 ft and is the highest peak in the Eastern US. I'm only a few hours from there.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6679 times
    Quote Originally Posted by biodiesel View Post
    Our travel trailer is a widebody (8'6" wide) and weighs between 7,000 and 7,500 pounds loaded. Here in a few weeks, we'll be towing the trailer a minimum of 4,000 miles.

Now, when I'm back home, the Ecodiesel doesn't get a break. As a hobby, I do a lot of my own landscaping.

Attachment 80560
    Holy cow! What does that trailer and load of fill weigh?

That looks like something a large dump truck would be used to haul. man that's formidable to both start and stop with a little 1/2 ton. Happy it works for you.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ncskibum View Post
    I don't se Mt Mitchell, NC on your list yet. It's listed at 6684 ft and is the highest peak in the Eastern US. I'm only a few hours from there.
    The Virginias and Carolinas are beautiful. Mt. Mitchell is certainly on our radar, but probably not until 2021.
    2015 3.0 Ecodiesel/Big Horn/1500/QCSB/4x4
    2016 Arctic Fox/Travel Trailer 22G/Onboard LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    Holy cow! What does that trailer and load of fill weigh?

That looks like something a large dump truck would be used to haul. man that's formidable to both start and stop with a little 1/2 ton. Happy it works for you.
    The 10,000 lb. rated trailer weighs 3,930 lbs. empty which leaves me with 6,070 lbs. of cargo. But I try to keep most of my loads under 4,000 lbs. of material. As for stopping, there are brakes on all four trailer wheels, so I'm in pretty good shape. The trailer can stop the truck pretty quick.
    Havanajoe likes this.
    2016 Arctic Fox/Travel Trailer 22G/Onboard LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

ocn
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Big Horn Crew Cab, Ram box, Tow mirrors, Lux & comfort Pkgs, Polished 17" alloys, 3.55 LSD
    Liked
    114 times
    Our ED has just cleared 178000 miles of which about 45000 has been towing, mostly a 28" enclosed car trailer that is typically in the 7800-8800# range. Much of the towing has been in the Southeast but there have been 4 towing roundtrips to CA from SC and one to SD. Other than emissions system issues, no problems with the diesel. Tranny got noisy at 150K and was replaced under extended warranty, ditto rear axle bearings. Both tranny and rear end had regular oil changes with proper fluids/filters at more frequent intervals than called for. Upper and lower rear axle locating links had bushings wear out causing a banging under acceleration or deceleration, those and a lower ball joint were replaced at about 170K.
    biodiesel likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ocn View Post
    Our ED has just cleared 178000 miles of which about 45000 has been towing, mostly a 28" enclosed car trailer that is typically in the 7800-8800# range. Much of the towing has been in the Southeast but there have been 4 towing roundtrips to CA from SC and one to SD. Other than emissions system issues, no problems with the diesel. Tranny got noisy at 150K and was replaced under extended warranty, ditto rear axle bearings. Both tranny and rear end had regular oil changes with proper fluids/filters at more frequent intervals than called for. Upper and lower rear axle locating links had bushings wear out causing a banging under acceleration or deceleration, those and a lower ball joint were replaced at about 170K.
    That's very impressive! How many times have to cleaned or replaced the MAP sensor?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links