Cost of Ownership Spreadsheet! - Page 2

Cost of Ownership Spreadsheet!

This is a discussion on Cost of Ownership Spreadsheet! within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Originally Posted by Bravo2 *not downloading random zip file . I agree, that's where I stopped. I would be more apt to open a random ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cost of Ownership Spreadsheet!

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo2 View Post
    *not downloading random zip file

I agree, that's where I stopped. I would be more apt to open a random PDF file.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.coon View Post
    It is time for a new truck and i have been trying to justify getting an ecodiesel. I am scared quite frankly having just had to replace the engine and transmission in my 2009 Ram 1500 with the 4.7 V8. This truck gave me 212,000 trouble free miles. Anyway, i came up with the attached spreadsheet that calculates the cost of owning an ecodiesel vs other trucks. Feel free to check my math and do what you all want with it. The results are quite revealing. Yellow highlighted squares can be changed to whatever you like.

Attachment 80562
    I'm an analyst and tend to over analyze everything... so I have a sheet that does the same thing, and include the F150 options, the GM 5.3, and my current Tahoe for comparison.

I have mine done on a yearly basis, not over the life like you have and have pretty similar results when I use the same estimated MPG. I think you're skewing your results using 16 MPG and 25 MPG when the EPA estimates are 19 and 22 respectively.,, Where did you get those number?

I did my analysis using the EPA window sticker numbers to keep everything equal across all variations as those numbers are derived similarly and take out the variability of user input and "field" number that take on A LOT of data variability and dirty data

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram !500 Laramie Crew
    Liked
    167 times
    I traded a 07 GMC Canyon 4 cyl 5 speed to get my 17 ED Laramie. My last calculation showed that the Canyon would have saved me two cents over 350 miles of driving. So, at about 21k miles on the ED, I could have saved $1.20 over the last 15 months. Of course that doesn't take into account the failing ABS system that needed replacing to get the Canyon to pass the upcoming state inspection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links