2020 eco - Page 6

2020 eco

This is a discussion on 2020 eco within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; That comment about replacing an engine with this one is interesting. AT some point it should come up for sale independently. When that happens I ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: 2020 eco

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6375 times
    That comment about replacing an engine with this one is interesting. AT some point it should come up for sale independently. When that happens I would be curious if it could fit easily into an older Ram 1500 Ecodiesel and hook up with the computer.

Just more to think of.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel St quad cab 2wd.
    Liked
    181 times
    All seems good on paper untill we see these in real world. I bet they are using same cooling system and nothing changed on that side. That's the only thing I don't like about my truck. Otherwise I won't give it up.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn CC 4x4
    Liked
    221 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VernDiesel View Post
    I dig the new more capable truck but for camping with my fam I would probably look toward a 2500 for a 9,700 pound kamper.
    Yea I was pretty dead set on at least a 2500 when the warranty is up on my current 2015 ED, but the new numbers on this 2020 ED have me wondering, do i really need to spend the extra money on a 2500 cummins with bare bones interior, or instead get a new loaded up ED... Right now my 2015 pulls my Grey Wolf 27RR loaded to the gills with machines and gear (roughly 9,500lbs) pretty well with GDE & Timber Grove bags, however i still run into a tail wagging the dog scenario when it gets a little windy or a tractor trailer passes me while i'm creeping along at 60mph.

Right now I mostly do short trips, from NJ to Central PA, or our long trip is NJ to WV, my wife and i want to do a cross country trip out to the Rockies and national parks out that way with the ATV's but I just don't think my Current ED would be able to do the job comfortably, maybe the new ED with upgraded axles and chassis might do better, but i think the correct answer is to keep my eyes on the 2500.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyWoodGriz View Post
    That's too funny....FCA stole GDE's tune....
    If I was GDE it wouldn't be funny.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Hemi , 4 X 4,
    Liked
    247 times
    Quote Originally Posted by g00fy View Post
    Yea I was pretty dead set on at least a 2500 when the warranty is up on my current 2015 ED, but the new numbers on this 2020 ED have me wondering, do i really need to spend the extra money on a 2500 cummins with bare bones interior, or instead get a new loaded up ED... Right now my 2015 pulls my Grey Wolf 27RR loaded to the gills with machines and gear (roughly 9,500lbs) pretty well with GDE & Timber Grove bags, however i still run into a tail wagging the dog scenario when it gets a little windy or a tractor trailer passes me while i'm creeping along at 60mph.

Right now I mostly do short trips, from NJ to Central PA, or our long trip is NJ to WV, my wife and i want to do a cross country trip out to the Rockies and national parks out that way with the ATV's but I just don't think my Current ED would be able to do the job comfortably, maybe the new ED with upgraded axles and chassis might do better, but i think the correct answer is to keep my eyes on the 2500.
    IMHO, U R pushing it, with a 1500 truck towing almost 10K,. No way I would want to be on the GSP, Turnpike, Schuylkill or wherever and get my truck wagged by the tail. I think U need to go up to a 2500, BUT all IMHO.....
    2019 Bighorn 4 X 4, 3;21, pending rear, spray in Linux liner for box, Bright Red Crystal Pearl. TRADED in ED, no longer suited for my needs...
    2006 Honda Gold Wing GL1800, with installed 2015 Cobra Razor Trike Kit (Color=Yukon Gold)
    (2) Hossies,.. ... (4) Doggies... (Pics in album)

Let us be sure that those who come after will say of us in our time, that in our time we did everything that could be done. We finished the race; we kept them free; we kept the faith. RONALD REAGAN

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1367 times
    Quote Originally Posted by turkeybird56 View Post
    IMHO, U R pushing it, with a 1500 truck towing almost 10K,. No way I would want to be on the GSP, Turnpike, Schuylkill or wherever and get my truck wagged by the tail. I think U need to go up to a 2500, BUT all IMHO.....
    I always read stuff like this.

Todays 1/2 ton pickup is not what yesterdays 1/2 ton pickup was. You wouldn't dream of towing 25,000 lbs 70 mph down the hwy with a 1980 1-ton but a modern 1-ton would do it without batting an eye. If you can set it up and keep it within the limits I say go for it. It may not drive like a sports car, but drive like your doing what your doing and you will be fine.
    Diesel78 and howie12 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by r3gill View Post
    All seems good on paper untill we see these in real world. I bet they are using same cooling system and nothing changed on that side. That's the only thing I don't like about my truck. Otherwise I won't give it up.
    I would think they had to change the cooling system up. That was the limiting factor to the current trucks not being able to pull what the hemi does. I’m hoping they changed up a lot more than we think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TwoBobs likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    All of the "mine's bigger than yours" advertising wars are both silly and deadly serious: silly because buying based on what's biggest and baddest today is a recipe for disappointment when something bigger and badder comes out tomorrow and deadly serious because this fools people into believing that towing 10 or 12k with a 1/2 ton pickup is safe. You probably need MORE knowledge and towing experience to tow these ludicrous loads with a 1/2 ton making this use potentially deadly for newbies. Irresponsible behavior on the part of the truck makers.
    Doug Dickerson
    "We have not inherited the Earth from our parents, we have borrowed it from our children."

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4316 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdougd View Post
    All of the "mine's bigger than yours" advertising wars are both silly and deadly serious: silly because buying based on what's biggest and baddest today is a recipe for disappointment when something bigger and badder comes out tomorrow and deadly serious because this fools people into believing that towing 10 or 12k with a 1/2 ton pickup is safe. You probably need MORE knowledge and towing experience to tow these ludicrous loads with a 1/2 ton making this use potentially deadly for newbies. Irresponsible behavior on the part of the truck makers.
    I get what you're saying, but it's called marketing and is what most consumers want to hear.

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1367 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    I get what you're saying, but it's called marketing and is what most consumers want to hear.
    Aren't the tow ratings standardized now with an SAE rating? They don't just pull a number out of their rear for what these vehicles are capable of. Also have to set them up correctly and have the truck configured correctly.
    lucskoj, Diesel78, 97hmcs and 1 others like this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Sponsored Links