Is my engine going to blow up - Page 2

Is my engine going to blow up

This is a discussion on Is my engine going to blow up within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Put a GDE tune on it and drive it. Like John said, worry about the morons coming at you in the opposite lane. Now that ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Is my engine going to blow up

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel Laramie Crew.
    Liked
    215 times
    Put a GDE tune on it and drive it.

Like John said, worry about the morons coming at you in the opposite lane. Now that right there is some scary stuff.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Go get a good night sleep. I know of a few ecodiesl owners and they have had good beyond expectations experience with.around the same kiometers as you have . Two of them have no GDE tune, but have lots of hwy driving and towing. For piece of mind check out the soot tube that goes into the intake easy job. Also you could look into extended warranty.i live in the great white North and can get quite cold here -35c and have had no problems. Like previous posts winter front a must, plug in when cold. And keep def fluid over half in winter but not totally full leave room for expansion if truck sits outside in winter and look into GDE tune. And if you have the air suspension look into at dealership about upgrading and adding some kind of antifreeze into system so you won't have any issues
    sourdo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Bought my truck in US, it came from Canada. At 41,000 the ram dealership told me my engine was shot and making a bad noise. I got a GDE hot tune, full egr delete, straight pipes, 4 inch lift and 35's... Just turned over 72,000miles
    lucskoj, sourdo and shawclan5 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM 1500 Laramie CrewCab 4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    63 times
    I won't say it is garunteed to blow up, but at 180k miles, mine did.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Member #
    2016 Ecodiesel 94,000 miles Never towed anything over 1000lbs. was out getting some fried chicken last Saturday and coming to a stoplight my oil pressure dropped to zero. It did not stall and the pressure did go back up while driving but as soon as I stopped again went back to zero and now the engine was sounding different too. Anyway thank god I got the 8 year 120,000 warranty since I got the call yesterday from the dealer they are having to order a new motor and turbo. this after having my EGR crack sending exhaust into the cab at 38,000, my rear end being replaced at 56,000, issues with the windows 4 visits to the dealer and 2 for the backup camera. I loved this truck. it truly breaks my heart but i am getting the new engine and the settlement money for that emissions thing and trading it in on something. I keep asking myself how long is this next motor going to last me. Its not like they have made any improvements to the thing.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks everyone. Just gonna enjoy it and see what happens.
    Whammo likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 eco outdoorsman, 82D150 custom
    Liked
    197 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenr View Post
    Thanks everyone. Just gonna enjoy it and see what happens.
    112,k miles on mine with stock tune, purchased used with 88k miles on it. Absolutely flawless till the AEM tune. Then replace computer, SCR and had to fix the cruise control. And now back to normal and flawless once more. Don't worry just drive. I haven't met anyone yet that's blown one up or is unhappy with it.
    MR. TED likes this.
    Ecodisel, drinks Satin's bathwater and emits angel's tears.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel St quad cab 2wd.
    Liked
    236 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC78 View Post
    2016 Ecodiesel 94,000 miles Never towed anything over 1000lbs. was out getting some fried chicken last Saturday and coming to a stoplight my oil pressure dropped to zero. It did not stall and the pressure did go back up while driving but as soon as I stopped again went back to zero and now the engine was sounding different too. Anyway thank god I got the 8 year 120,000 warranty since I got the call yesterday from the dealer they are having to order a new motor and turbo. this after having my EGR crack sending exhaust into the cab at 38,000, my rear end being replaced at 56,000, issues with the windows 4 visits to the dealer and 2 for the backup camera. I loved this truck. it truly breaks my heart but i am getting the new engine and the settlement money for that emissions thing and trading it in on something. I keep asking myself how long is this next motor going to last me. Its not like they have made any improvements to the thing.
    GDE tune the new engine with settlement money and you got a winner. Still be alot cheaper then trading in.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Big Horn QC 4X4 6.4 bed 3.92 LSD
    Liked
    3749 times
    Niget, How many hours is on that motor? Do you have a GDE tune if so since whey? Have you replaced the engine yet? If so did it come with the 24 month unlimited mile warranty? The $3K should at least offset your costs. 371,000 miles when mine lost a head gasket from letting the coolant get low. 200k so far on its replacement.

MAC78, Did you have GDEF so since win? Glad you’re covered. At least you’re covered for another 26,000 miles enough time to allow for the prices to come down on the 5th gens.
    Airstream TT & boat transporter. Factory trailer brake controller tow mirrors & hitch camera, B&M GN turnover ball, Andersen 5er adapter, WDH with built in sway control & steel adjustable hitch, Axle to frame air bags, GDE engine & transmission tunes plus turbo brake, SLT Grill, 275/55/20 XL load tires, Max ED tow rating 9,200, combined axle rating 7,800, Max 4th gen 1500 CVWR 15,950, Max receiver tongue weight 1265 w WDH, CAT scales 3,300 steer 2,560 drive with me hitches & tools

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Bighorn ED - Bakflip Fiber Max - AirLift 1000 bags
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley View Post
    ... surely most iof them are drunk, high, texting, phone calling, fighting with their spouse instead of looking at the road ..... etc. The truck is the least of your worries.
    What he said! See my 2015 Avatar -- that was at 60,000 mostly trouble-free miles. I was so worried I went out and bought another new one. (Guess I need to update my profile.)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links