OBD2 and Apps

OBD2 and Apps

This is a discussion on OBD2 and Apps within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Iíve got a basic VeePeak Wifi OBD2 reader. Iím new to Diesels and Iím really only going off whatís been seen on the forums here. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: OBD2 and Apps

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

OBD2 and Apps

Iíve got a basic VeePeak Wifi OBD2 reader. Iím new to Diesels and Iím really only going off whatís been seen on the forums here. I think that I need to monitor EGTs I believe and I have the Trans and Oil temps on my EVIC, what other temps or data points should I be looking at (particularly while towing)?

Iíve also seen ďTorque PROĒ referenced several times and when I search in the apple App Store, the two that pop up are as you see in the image, I assume itís the top one or is Torque PRO an android only app? Is it worth the $15 if I donít know what Iím doing or should I wait and learn on a free app first?

I havenít had much success diving into OBD apps as Iíve gotten buried with the vast array of options available in them so any guidance would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1486 times
    I use Torque Pro and there's a thread on this forum dedicated to the app and all the custom PID's for monitoring different items with the truck.

I use AlfaOBD app for changing any of the trucks settings, like enabling DRL's, forcing a regen, etc.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    I use Torque Pro and there's a thread on this forum dedicated to the app and all the custom PID's for monitoring different items with the truck.

I use AlfaOBD app for changing any of the trucks settings, like enabling DRL's, forcing a regen, etc.
    What OBD unit do you use?

I have generic Bluetooth OBD unit I use with torque pro and I can see codes and erase them, do you think it will work with AlfaOBD?

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasechnik View Post
    What OBD unit do you use?

I have generic Bluetooth OBD unit I use with torque pro and I can see codes and erase them, do you think it will work with AlfaOBD?
    I use a cheap Veepak OBD2 bluetooth adapter and it works with both Torque pro and AlfaOBD.

Good chance yours will work with AlfaOBD as well.
    Pasechnik likes this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Isnít AlfaOBD for Android only? I canít find it in the App Store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Siha View Post
    Isn’t AlfaOBD for Android only? I can’t find it in the App Store
    Android and Windows.

Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Android and Windows.
    Do you know if I can adjust rear park sensors sensitivity with AlfaOBD?

I installed steel rear bumper and transferred my sensors into it, now I get message to clean up sensors. The massive steel bumper "confuses" them I guess.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel St quad cab 2wd.
    Liked
    181 times
    Android and Windows.

I installed steel rear bumper and transferred my sensors into it, now I get message to clean up sensors. The massive steel bumper "confuses" them I guess.
    Not sure if you can adjust the sensitivity. But I am sure you can disable em.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Tradesman 2WD CC GC
    Liked
    94 times
    I want it for tire size. Dealer said they can only go up to 285/70r17 (stock Rebel size) and I have 315/70r17's. I would like the speedometer and odometer to be as accurate as possible.

I also want it for TPMS setting. I have an Outdoorsman that comes with E rated 10 ply tires. The TPMS is set for 43psi. Because I have D rated tires now I run 35 psi when not towing. Would like to lower the TPMS setting to 30 psi so that I don't have the amber ( i ) warning light on the dash.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1486 times

Likely just able to turn them on and off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links