settlement extended warranty

This is a discussion on settlement extended warranty within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Can anyone decipher the extended warranty verbiage for the ecodiesel settlement. As far as I can tell even if you have more than 120K miles ...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Can anyone decipher the extended warranty verbiage for the ecodiesel settlement.
    As far as I can tell even if you have more than 120K miles on your vehicle you still get a 4 yr/ 48,000 mile warranty on most engine parts except the camshaft and it's associated components?
    Thanks for any help on this one

"Extended Warranty. The third objective is achieved through an Extended Warranty offered for all Subject Vehicles that receive the Approved Emissions Modification. The Extended Warranty covers all parts and 3systems affected by the Approved Emissions Modification, and the warranty term is the greater of (i) 10 years from the date of initial sale or 120,000 actual miles on the vehicle odometer, whichever comes first; and (ii) 4 years or 48,000 miles from the date and mileage of installing the Approved Emissions Modification on the vehicle, whichever comes first. Fiat Chrysler shall not impose on consumers any fees or charges (and must pay any fees or charges imposed on consumers by any Dealer in accordance with the applicable franchise agreements with such Dealers) related to the warranty service. The estimated per-vehicle cost to Fiat Chrysler of the warranty components of this Class Action Agreement is approximately $1,050."
    Last edited by Taylor; 06-18-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2335 times
    The one serious flaw in the extended warranty is that the intake manifold is not specifically listed so I do not think it is covered and the chance of it needing replacement on a stock vehicle between 70,000 and 150,000 miles is high, depending upon how you drive and the luck of the draw. There may be a chance to challenge that if/when it happens but that will be a pain and not guaranteed success.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500, Lexus NX hybrid, Mopeds, boats, jet skis
    Liked
    28 times
    Intake mani is NOT covered?? How do you figure? I'd say it's a pretty critical part of the emissions system, as about half the emission components are bolted onto it...

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Driving in to work today the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" light came on again. Happened a couple thousand miles ago. They said it wasn't covered under the emissions or any warranty. After much complaining they agreed to fix it if I bought a few oil changes. Instead of changing out the valve ($450) as they originally suggested, they ended up swapping the gasket ($14). A week later the catalytic converter went out, which of course was covered. I am about to call the dealer and see what they can do about it this time. Does the lemon law apply if the same issue occurs 3 times in a short period of time? I only have 56k on my 2016.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, GMC Duramax, Ford 7.3 diesel
    Liked
    3151 times
    Howie,

My extended warranty specifically states that the intake, and exhaust manifolds are covered.

settlement extended warranty-intake-manifold.jpg
    Gene

2014 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
    2001 GMC 2500HD Duramax diesel
    1992 Ford E350 Navistar diesel

"Science prevails over bullshit and superstition"
    -Me

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
    Howie,

My extended warranty specifically states that the intake, and exhaust manifolds are covered.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intake manifold.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	80880
    I don't think that is the verbiage from the settlement? Maybe from your original extended warranty?

Member #
    Vehicle
    Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, GMC Duramax, Ford 7.3 diesel
    Liked
    3151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I don't think that is the verbiage from the settlement? Maybe from your original extended warranty?
    Yes, from the purchased extended warranty. I guess there is confusion as to which is which... When someone says extended warranty, I think purchased. Sorry!
    Gene

2014 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
    2001 GMC 2500HD Duramax diesel
    1992 Ford E350 Navistar diesel

"Science prevails over bullshit and superstition"
    -Me

Sponsored Links