GDE is recommended

GDE is recommended

This is a discussion on GDE is recommended within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; I purchased my 2015 in February 2013 with 27k miles on it. It is Stock. I am on my second set of Wrangler SRA's. I ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: GDE is recommended

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

GDE is recommended

I purchased my 2015 in February 2013 with 27k miles on it. It is Stock. I am on my second set of Wrangler SRA's.

I changed oil every 10k miles and fuel filter every 20k miles.

Last week the AEM was done on my truck at 105k miles. My yearly miles driven are about 36,000.

I drive with the mpg gauge showing. I pay attention to how my truck runs. I average 26-27 mpg by hand calculation. My commute is 95% newly paved interstate. Most days I set my cruise control at 70 and rarely have to change it until exiting the interstate.

Increased MPG is the greatest criteria for me to get a tune.

Thursday I installed the GDE ECU. The instructions are very good and I watched a youtube someone did installing the ECU.

Friday I started family vacation from Shreveport to Chicago.

Observations:

1. The increased power is noticeable to me.

2. First tank was 31.9 mpg.

3. Second tank was 30.6. This included some city driving.

I know there are many variables and those numbers may not be duplicated.

I recommend the GDE tune.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    GDE is legit, lots of the same conclusions as the rest of us. I would not own an Ecodiesel without the GDE tune.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1027 times
    *criterion

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    Black 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel CC 4x4 Air Suspension
    Liked
    106 times
    "I purchased my 2015 in February 2013 with 27k miles on it."

What?? I'm confused. You bought a 2015 model year EcoDiesel back in February 2013? Was time traveling involved?

Welcome to the forum, BTW my questions are not meant to be taken as mean-spirited. But can you clarify a little bit? I'm assuming there's a typo in there somewhere and having accurate info to go along with your review would be beneficial to others. I'm glad you like the GDE tune and thanks for sharing your MPG experience.
    markcfoster, 3DHawkeye and Boxcab like this.

Mods: Cabin filter, Bakflip F1 and BakBox, Kat's block heater cord, Tinted front windows, Ram stainless steel door sill plates, Amp Research PowerSteps PNP

Member #
    Liked
    499 times
    Go GDE or don't go at all.
    sourdo and Boxcab like this.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRam View Post
    "I purchased my 2015 in February 2013 with 27k miles on it."

What?? I'm confused. You bought a 2015 model year EcoDiesel back in February 2013? Was time traveling involved?

Welcome to the forum, BTW my questions are not meant to be taken as mean-spirited. But can you clarify a little bit? I'm assuming there's a typo in there somewhere and having accurate info to go along with your review would be beneficial to others. I'm glad you like the GDE tune and thanks for sharing your MPG experience.
    I am also watching this post for even this trivial editorial correction because as we all know, grammar and spelling errors alone are one of the red flags for scams. I must also add, I am skeptical when people claim 20% plus fuel economy gains with one simple add on aftermarket part. As if FCA couldn’t figure that out with their best engineering minds in the very competitive pickup truck market. Now what did I do with those carburetor magnets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    Granite Crystal 15 Big Horn Eco 4x4 Crew with 6'4" box
    Liked
    170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markcfoster View Post
    I am also watching this post for even this trivial editorial correction because as we all know, grammar and spelling errors alone are one of the red flags for scams. I must also add, I am skeptical when people claim 20% plus fuel economy gains with one simple add on aftermarket part. As if FCA couldn’t figure that out with their best engineering minds in the very competitive pickup truck market. Now what did I do with those carburetor magnets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It works. It's not like the old magnet trick. Try it, you will like it and your engine will thank you.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1027 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRam View Post
    Come on now, even I am not that bad. It's obviously a typo since the 3D didn't even come out until 2014. I'll admit that it did stunt my reading momentarily, but logic kicked in and I managed to get past it.
    Boxcab and sourdo like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Black 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel CC 4x4 Air Suspension
    Liked
    106 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Come on now, even I am not that bad. It's obviously a typo since the 3D didn't even come out until 2014. I'll admit that it did stunt my reading momentarily, but logic kicked in and I managed to get past it.
    I read through it, caught the typo and kept reading. My replies' 1st intent was to, in a friendly joking way, bring to the attention of this new member the incomplete/inaccurate info. My 2nd intent is to determine whether this is another BS troll post (1st ever post). The GDE tune is proven to be a MPG booster and the OP's claim isn't too outlandish comparing it with other members reviews.

Couple of scenarios I played out in my head:
    1. Post is from a troll who intended to say they had a 2013 ED purchased used in 2015, not knowing the EDs were not available in 2013. An attempt to gain credibility with a positive review of GDE tune getting xx MPG, then a few weeks/posts later we start seeing how they suddenly decided to try out this new SFT tune they heard about that was way easier to install than swapping an ECU and are now get xx MPG.
    2. This is a genuine person who has joined our forum with the intent to provide welcome information about their experience and legitimately made a typo. They acknowledge the error, provide a valid response.

Could have gone either way. I'd still like to know what year his truck is.

Like I said before Bryan$$, Welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by TexasRam; 06-19-2019 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Corrected my misspelling of OPs name
    markcfoster likes this.

Mods: Cabin filter, Bakflip F1 and BakBox, Kat's block heater cord, Tinted front windows, Ram stainless steel door sill plates, Amp Research PowerSteps PNP

Member #
    Vehicle
    17 ECODIESEL
    Liked
    340 times
    Welcome to the forums Brian$$. Sounds about right to me. My SRA's on front will easily go 55,000 miles, let a friend attempt a burnout, so rears only went 40,000 mi. My truck could do over 30 mpg before the GDE tune, now averaging 32-33 mpg. Seemed to be worth about 2+ mpg to me. Mustang Dyno verified the torque and hp increases.
    Boxcab likes this.
    17 CC 4X4 Bighorn Ecodiesel GDE Hot Tune, 08 Arctic Cat 700 Super Duty Turbo Diesel ATV

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links