Any way to disable the open-door gear selector neutralizer function? - Page 2

Any way to disable the open-door gear selector neutralizer function?

This is a discussion on Any way to disable the open-door gear selector neutralizer function? within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Guess Hendrick ram of cary nc doesn't know his stuff. My truck is ruined until I spend a ton of money on a tune. Sent ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any way to disable the open-door gear selector neutralizer function?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500, Lexus NX hybrid, Mopeds, boats, jet skis
    Liked
    28 times
    Guess Hendrick ram of cary nc doesn't know his stuff. My truck is ruined until I spend a ton of money on a tune.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 EcoD Outdoorsman CC 6.5' 4X4 3.92
    Liked
    2332 times
    Quote Originally Posted by idoseadoo View Post
    Guess Hendrick ram of cary nc doesn't know his stuff. My truck is ruined until I spend a ton of money on a tune.
    Go back to that dealer and request a seatbelt extension, by law they(actually FCA) has to supply one to you for free.

As for the UO7 "Auto-Park" recall, it is not part of the AEM recall and as stated before does not have to be done.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 3500
    Liked
    2374 times
    My experiences with a factory flash update is , When your dealership puts in your vin numbers ALL updates are then down loaded from FCA on the dealerships laptop ,Everything gets an update regardless if you wanted it or not ,No picking or choosing.... I learned this lesson the hard way....

I do not let dealerships flash my vehicles anymore .....

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

N 48° 38.680, W 080° 40.837 (Northern Ontario)
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 SLT, QC, Ram Box, Black Forest Green, Canyon Brown
    Liked
    280 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Haul N Grass View Post
    My experiences with a factory flash update is , When your dealership puts in your vin numbers ALL updates are then down loaded from FCA on the dealerships laptop ,Everything gets an update regardless if you wanted it or not ,No picking or choosing.... I learned this lesson the hard way....

I do not let dealerships flash my vehicles anymore .....
    .... and yet .... my experience is the polar opposite .... so far.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    2332 times
    When your dealership puts in your vin numbers ALL updates are then down loaded from FCA on the dealerships laptop ,Everything gets an update regardless if you wanted it or not ,No picking or choosing....
    The service tech has to apply each update individually, there is a set and written instructions for each update. I know this as my one buddy is a dealer mechanic and another is one actually writes the procedures for FCA, right down how to plug in the Wi-Tech pod.
    You the vehicle owner have the ultimate say on what is done to your vehicle.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 3500
    Liked
    2374 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash68 View Post
    The service tech has to apply each update individually, there is a set and written instructions for each update. I know this as my one buddy is a dealer mechanic and another is one actually writes the procedures for FCA, right down how to plug in the Wi-Tech pod.
    You the vehicle owner have the ultimate say on what is done to your vehicle.
    Ask your buddy if FCA will piggy back Safety or Emissions updates to other updates not Emissions or safety related, Ask him specifically if there’s a flash for example dash lights and the vehicle has a required safety flash , can he just flash the dash lights without flashing the safety related issue?

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    2332 times
    Ask him specifically if there’s a flash for example dash lights and the vehicle has a required safety flash , can he just flash the dash lights without flashing the safety related issue?
    I already know he'll ask for specific recall numbers, but as I stated before, recall updates are specific in what they include. It's not one big software download. A few months back I had several recalls done, each one has it's own part # even the software flashes. If a dealer doesn't want to abide by your wishes...find a different dealer or talk with the service manager. Worse case scenario they make you sign off on refusing the recall.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500, Lexus NX hybrid, Mopeds, boats, jet skis
    Liked
    28 times
    I did speak with THE service manager at the dealership. He said that the AEM had the gear selector bug in it. The other two weren't related.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    Laramie Limited
    Liked
    282 times
    You basically have to have the brake on to avoid it going into park. Sometimes you can slip the brakes enough to love. I hate it...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I purchased a used 2015 ECM and sent it GDE for the tune and I no longer have the issue with backing up with the door open on my 2017 ECO.
    2015 ECM or GDE dunno but its gone and I'm glad it is.
    Merle
    2017 Bighorn Crew Cab

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links