2020 Ecodiesel Launch not far away... - Page 3

2020 Ecodiesel Launch not far away...

This is a discussion on 2020 Ecodiesel Launch not far away... within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Wonder if the 2020 will run as shitty as my truck after doing the recall update. If it runs the same you couldn't pay me ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 2020 Ecodiesel Launch not far away...

Member #
    Wonder if the 2020 will run as shitty as my truck after doing the recall update. If it runs the same you couldn't pay me to buy one!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    When are they announcing the EPA’s?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Just to give people a heads up, the EcoDiesel engines cost 20k to replace after the warranty expires. Mine had to have 4 engines at 60k miles. Got rid of it and got a Cummins.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    just got 2019 2500 2 weeks ago I miss the mpg a little but my ed droped to the low 20s after the aem mod the 6.4 get almost 18 on the highway so I don't miss it much

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4550 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrdwg101 View Post
    Just to give people a heads up, the EcoDiesel engines cost 20k to replace after the warranty expires. Mine had to have 4 engines at 60k miles. Got rid of it and got a Cummins.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsk1 View Post
    just got 2019 2500 2 weeks ago I miss the mpg a little but my ed droped to the low 20s after the aem mod the 6.4 get almost 18 on the highway so I don't miss it much
    You guys trolling?
    Captainmal, GRIFF4 and Steve49 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    When are the EPA ratings being released??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    224 times
    I've heard of two people who were on their third engine, but not their fourth. Also, I thought most Ecodiesel engine replacements were between $11,000 - $14,000? I can get new Cummins engine installed at my local dealer for $18,000, that includes the refundable core. So, the $20K for the Ecodiesel engine sounds awfully high.
    2015 3.0 Ecodiesel/Big Horn/1500/QCSB/4x4
    2016 Arctic Fox/Travel Trailer 22G/Onboard LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

Member #
    Vehicle
    Big Horn QC 4X4 6.4 bed 3.92 LSD
    Liked
    3670 times
    On another forum guy said he could get a new ED engine for $7,900 after core return. Basic r&r book hours in non coastal states is $1500. He said he was quoted $1250.

Post AEM you also have more than enough money to get ECM TCM & thermostat for the best running ED ever with commonly attainable 30 mpg Hwy. Not knocking the HD with 6.4 & 8 speed just saying. For many is a great option for me not so much.
    Airstream TT & boat transporter. Factory trailer brake controller tow mirrors & hitch camera, B&M GN turnover ball, Andersen 5er adapter, WDH with built in sway control & steel adjustable hitch, Axle to frame air bags, GDE engine & transmission tunes plus turbo brake, SLT Grill, 275/55/20 XL load tires, Max ED tow rating 9,200, combined axle rating 7,800, Max 4th gen 1500 CVWR 15,950, Max receiver tongue weight 1265 w WDH, CAT scales 3,300 steer 2,560 drive with me hitches & tools

Member #
    Vehicle
    17 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie 4x4
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VernDiesel View Post
    On another forum guy said he could get a new ED engine for $7,900 after core return. Basic r&r book hours in non coastal states is $1500. He said he was quoted $1250.

Post AEM you also have more than enough money to get ECM TCM & thermostat for the best running ED ever with commonly attainable 30 mpg Hwy. Not knocking the HD with 6.4 & 8 speed just saying. For many is a great option for me not so much.
    Would a cooler thermostat equate to better MPG? Please elaborate. We have the GDE tune but nothing I read prior to purchase said anything about added benefits with an aftermarket thermostat.
    2017 RAM 1500 Laramie CC 4x4 ED black, fully loaded, GDE tune, linex, Gator bed cover, hers.
    2010 Challenger R/T 6M - 6.1 based [email protected]:1,Howards Cam,ported heads/intake,52# Deatschwerks injectors,AFR shaker,Derale oil cooler,Barton STS,SRT8 shorties/mids,BBK 85,HP tuned,Jet 180*,BT Catch Can,SLP line locks,splash guards-alu dash kit,MP hood struts,sequential tails,Pirelli tires,MyGig 730N,rear cam,park sense.
    09 Suzuki GSF1250 Bandit 1255 I-4, Yoshi exhaust, World Performance seat, Givi screen

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 EcoD Tradesman Crew
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by biodiesel View Post
    Over-The-Air is already happening on all vehicles with U-connect. The degree in which it happens is minimal compared to what might be coming down the pike. This is what we have on our trucks currently:

*The available Vehicle Health Report (Disclosure25) is an email report about your vehicle that is delivered once a month. At a glance, you can review the status of some of your vehicle's key systems and quickly determine if you need to take further action.

*Your vehicle will send you an email alert if it senses a problem with key systems under the hood. In an instant, quickly determine if you need to schedule an appointment with a qualified service technician.

*By regularly monitoring key systems and scheduling required maintenance, you can help ensure that your vehicle’s key systems are performing properly, and potentially save time and money on future repairs.

*The report will provide you with your vehicle’s VIN, mileage, tire pressure levels, scheduled maintenance and closest dealer. It monitors key powertrain, oil, fluid, brake, suspension, safety and security systems. The report will inform you if action on these systems is required, suggested or needed urgently.

The specific systems it monitors are as follows:

Powertrain
Malfunction Indicator Light
    Charging System Warning Light
    Electronic Throttle Control Light
    Transmission Temperature Warning Light
    Oil and Fluids
Oil Pressure Warning Light
    Gas Cap Indicator Light
    Hot Oil Warning Message
    Oil Change Warning Message
    Water in Fuel Warning Message
    Diesel Particulate Filter Warning Message
    Diesel Exhaust Fluid Warning Message
    Brakes and Suspension
Antilock Brake System Warning Light
    Brake Warning Light
    Safety and Security
    Airbag Warning Light

*If your Vehicle Health Report( Disclosure25) recommends that you take action, you should do one of two things:
1. Contact your preferred dealer and schedule an appointment.
    2. Push the Assist button inside your vehicle and speak with a Vehicle Care agent. This agent can help answer questions and connect you to a dealer.

*An Over-the-Air Software Update is a method of delivering new software to a vehicle through a wireless cellular network. Common reasons for updating software include improving quality or adding new services to your Uconnect®️ system.

*Every Over-the-Air Software Update contains a list of what is new and/or what has changed. When your Uconnect®️ software update is complete, look for the What’s New icon on your Uconnect touchscreen.

*If your vehicle is equipped with built-in Uconnect®️ Access (Disclosure43) or SiriusXM Guardian™️ (Disclosure27) connected services, you may receive Over-the-Air Software Updates. Vehicles with Uconnect Access have a 9-1-1 button (Disclosure44) and an Assist button located on or near the rearview mirror; vehicles with SiriusXM Guardian have an SOS button (Disclosure13) and an Assist button located on or near the rearview mirror. Vehicles must be located in the US and in range of a useable cellular network.

*For the launch of this new capability, Uconnect®️ will send out a communication to all customers via email. It will be sent to the email address used to register for Uconnect Access or the email address for you on file. The communication will be sent out in advance of your vehicle receiving the Over-the-Air Software Update so that you will know what to expect.

*You need to have your vehicle in the park position, or have the vehicle in neutral with the parking brake engaged if equipped with a manual transmission. The engine does not need to be running, however, the ignition must be in the ON position. The vehicle should be outdoors if the engine is running.

You must press the Update Now icon to start the first phase of the software update. You can select the Later icon an unlimited number of times. The first phase will take up to 20 minutes to complete. If the ignition is turned off during the first phase, you will be required to restart the entire process from the beginning.

Once the update has reached the second phase, a message on the touchscreen will tell you to turn the vehicle off, exit the vehicle and let the process complete on its own. The second phase may take up to 70 minutes to complete.

*Don’t worry. The pop-up is letting you know that your vehicle is eligible for a software update. This is a new enhancement to your Uconnect®️ system that allows the latest software updates to be sent to your vehicle via a wireless cellular connection. This is not unlike your smartphone or other computing device, which notifies you when an update is available.

*After a successful update, you will see a pop-up on the Uconnect®️ touchscreen indicating that the software update was successful. If you want to know more, select the What’s New icon on the touchscreen for a summary of the improvements that were made to your system. For your safety, this information cannot be displayed while the vehicle is in motion.

*The Over-the-Air Software Update can take over one hour to complete. You will see a progress bar indicating approximately what percent of the update remains. If the screen gives you the option to schedule the update at a later time, you can set it to update overnight, or anytime. The vehicle will wake up and can complete the update on its own.
    YIKES!!!!!
    Time to buy a medium range EV to keep the regulators and tree huggers happy, and buy a 2007 or earlier 2500 to keep my towing and off road happy!

JohnTheDieselMan.com
    - this guy seems to bring in RAM HDs from southern/western no salt states and sell +/- refurb work. Bit pricey but... Maybe it’s time to think differently than the newest from RAM ......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links