GDE Tune or Not? - Page 3

GDE Tune or Not?

This is a discussion on GDE Tune or Not? within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Just looked into pricing, says tune is 699 but it shows up as 709 in the cart. Shipping is separate so that's not it. They ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: GDE Tune or Not?

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Just looked into pricing, says tune is 699 but it shows up as 709 in the cart. Shipping is separate so that's not it. They may owe some people 10 bucks lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie 4x4
    Liked
    14 times
    [QUOTE=Bgbdwlf2500;988494]Just looked into pricing, says tune is 699 but it shows up as 709 in the cart. Shipping is separate so that's not it. They may owe some people 10 bucks lol

Shipping insurance is 10 bucks, you have to deselect it to stay at 699.

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    [QUOTE=Okie75;988498]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgbdwlf2500 View Post
    Just looked into pricing, says tune is 699 but it shows up as 709 in the cart. Shipping is separate so that's not it. They may owe some people 10 bucks lol

Shipping insurance is 10 bucks, you have to deselect it to stay at 699.
    You're right, I forgot about that. They should break down all the charges in the cart

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

RAM Silver Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1615 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarum View Post
    4 people chimed in and said “Wrong”
    If they are correct, then I got ripped off by green diesel engendering!

I’m calling GDE Monday morning and asking about charges for addons on upgrades/reflashes and let you know here what they say, maybe I can get my $150 back and it was some sorta miscommunication or oversight by them.
    Or at least 4 people here in this thread are wrong (which I’m hoping is not the case)
    Call them and lest us know. I'm thinking you didn't have to select those options again on the reflash but I'm not sure. GDE keeps a record of your tune and the options you originally chose. The fact you were charged for it might just be their automated purchase system and an oversight on their part.
    Sarum and 3DHawkeye like this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1315 times
    Sarum , rare mistakes have been reported in the past ,
    members always came back to say GDE fixed the error .
    contact them , I personnally always added comments in the comments box
    to double check stuff , they may have figured I was dumb for saying stuff twice
    but in the end all was done precisely as planned and estimated .

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Laramie QC EcoDiesel
    Liked
    132 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    It's been my experience that this is wrong. I've had my GDE ECM updated several times and was never charged a second time for the add-oin options. Each update was only $50, nothing additional for all the options I have (regen msg, high idle, turbo brake, oil pressure sender).

Fill the DEF tank half full with distilled water if you have the DEF system turned off.
    The DEF system is not turned off by the GDE tune, right? I assume those with the DEF system turned off did that themselves after getting the tune? Or is that one of the options that can be had with the tune?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4546 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lbengston View Post
    The DEF system is not turned off by the GDE tune, right? I assume those with the DEF system turned off did that themselves after getting the tune? Or is that one of the options that can be had with the tune?
    The DEF system remains active unless you request GDE to turn it off.
    Sarum and Mopar73340 like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Laramie ED 4x4 CCSB
    Liked
    31 times
    I've had the hot tune for 2,000 miles now. My first full tank after install actually went down to 24 mpg (I was averaging 25 mpg). The next 4 fill-ups saw steadily increasing mileage. My last and best tank saw 28.7 mpg.

I didn't feel a huge increase in response. I did it to eliminate the EGR and improve durability. The mileage increase was just a bonus.
    97hmcs, Kazimodo and Mopar73340 like this.

GDE
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram EcoDiesel 3.92axle 4x4
    Liked
    2581 times
    Sarum,

Send GDE an email. With the tune update, you should select 'leave current configuration', no need to buy options again that you already have. We typically only look for new options on reflashes and missed your rebuy of everything. Maybe they guys thought you were trying to give us a tip.

We can get it fixed.
    GDE

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6634 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    Sarum,

Send GDE an email. With the tune update, you should select 'leave current configuration', no need to buy options again that you already have. We typically only look for new options on reflashes and missed your rebuy of everything. Maybe they guys thought you were trying to give us a tip.

We can get it fixed.
    GDE
    The new flash after my AEM does not seem to have the turbo brake feature in it. Guessing you were/are oh so stupid busy it was not put in. I towed in the Carolina mountains last month and could never get it to activate. Understand and really do not care as I will soon be replacing my truck with one of the new models and getting a GDE tune for it. No plans to tow into the mountains again until next Summer. Not going to bother making another change.

Sure appreciate your helpfulness.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links