Erratic soot percentage on my 2016 ecodiesel - Page 2

Erratic soot percentage on my 2016 ecodiesel

This is a discussion on Erratic soot percentage on my 2016 ecodiesel within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; You got the tune while having issues? I want to get the GDE, but i am worried about losing the warranty. I had the AEM ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Erratic soot percentage on my 2016 ecodiesel

Member #
    You got the tune while having issues? I want to get the GDE, but i am worried about losing the warranty. I had the AEM done also but the soot readings started before I got it.

Member #
    Liked
    351 times
    Thanks guys. Been a while since I have been on the forum, got bored with all the negative "IT's gona blow" stuff. Then I got this recall and wham! When they installed the update the dealership toasted the ECM, it took 5 days to get a new one and during that time they left me high and dry with no wheels. After the update the truck has less power, gets less mileage on a tank but worse is the regen. Seems that every time I look at the CTS it's in regen. In 1 three hours highway trip it regened 4 times and that was while pulling my trailer. Prior to the update it would not have regened at all as the truck ran hot enough not to require it. This sucks, just wish I could get to GDE. Hopefully soon.
    Tom
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Longhorn Crew 4x4, 5'7" box Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl with Lower Gold Two Tone Paint
    Black/Tan Leather, Air Suspension, Rear Window Defrost, No Slip Dif, Tow and Convenience Group, Ram Box, Tri Fold Cover.
    Order May 1, 2014 / Build May 15, 2014 / Completed May 29, 2014 and Shipped / Delivered June 18, 2014.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1332 times
    Oh man , you let FCA flash your truck ,
    with no $$$ , and no extended warranty like they are getting in the USA .
    in USA if AEM takes more than 3 hours you get a loaner , another shaft to canadian owners , no loaner .....5 days ...
    the dealer is not flashing my truck with that canadian AEM version , no way ,
    waiting for the class action in Canada to do its thing , hoping we get a deal
    more or less similar to the USA settlement .
    Others have had it flashed in Canada saying they see no difference , other have
    seen the truck turn into a dog like yours , fried ECM as a bonus .

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel St quad cab 2wd.
    Liked
    214 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DataRider View Post
    Thanks guys. Been a while since I have been on the forum, got bored with all the negative "IT's gona blow" stuff. Then I got this recall and wham! When they installed the update the dealership toasted the ECM, it took 5 days to get a new one and during that time they left me high and dry with no wheels. After the update the truck has less power, gets less mileage on a tank but worse is the regen. Seems that every time I look at the CTS it's in regen. In 1 three hours highway trip it regened 4 times and that was while pulling my trailer. Prior to the update it would not have regened at all as the truck ran hot enough not to require it. This sucks, just wish I could get to GDE. Hopefully soon.
    Tailgate used to fly open on my truck. Did the recall myself $2 part. Thats how much I dont want to see the Dealership.. I wont let them flash the AEM untill they offer me $$$$.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links