Tfltrucks 2020 ram EcoDiesel

This is a discussion on Tfltrucks 2020 ram EcoDiesel within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Tfltrucks did a quick walk around of the new 2020 EcoDiesel. I'm excited for this truck! Love the payload and towing capacity compared to current ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tfltrucks 2020 ram EcoDiesel

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
    Liked
    46 times

Tfltrucks did a quick walk around of the new 2020 EcoDiesel. I'm excited for this truck! Love the payload and towing capacity compared to current EcoDiesels.

My first thought when he showed the engine: that ECU placement by ram sure us nice. Almost as if they are expecting you to swap it. 🙂

https://youtu.be/M9zXm1yMjdk
    Why_rick likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Longhorn
    Liked
    38 times
    Awesome!

Still waiting for what a longhorn will cost in canada fun money, these things are getting way more expensive then what I paid for my last two longhorns, very exciting though!
    shawclan5 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6658 times
    WOW!

Super thanks for the link.

Things I noted: ...larger coolant bottle, open engine without those foam covers, ECM position as noted above, 80% different parts ( think I heard that right), different turbo, big space in front of the engine, that front looks different, cooled EGR's ( no heat and fires?), tailgate, huge towing capacity and reasonable payload.

First impressions with some detail. Hoping they did something different with the reluctor ring and the injector timing situation. Kind of exciting to me.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    It looks good aside from all that chrome. You can hear that distinctive mystery crackle pop noises moments after startup that's so common with the new body 2019 Rams. Some say it's the parking pawl. Dealers say it's a normal working sound but have no answer for the source.. Hopefully the 2020 Ram 1500 a/c works better than the new body 2019 Ram 1500's a/c system.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    WOW!

Super thanks for the link.

Things I noted: ...larger coolant bottle, open engine without those foam covers, ECM position as noted above, 80% different parts ( think I heard that right), different turbo, big space in front of the engine, that front looks different, cooled EGR's ( no heat and fires?), tailgate, huge towing capacity and reasonable payload.

First impressions with some detail. Hoping they did something different with the reluctor ring and the injector timing situation. Kind of exciting to me.
    The only part of the original that I see is the alternator and the name, hope this engine can be adapted into 14-18s. Check out 2:43 - 3:40 in this other video.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2372 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrajr View Post
    Awesome!

Still waiting for what a longhorn will cost in canada fun money, these things are getting way more expensive then what I paid for my last two longhorns, very exciting though!
    I just got a quote in the US for a 2020 Longhorn, 4x4 6'4" box, Pentastar V6 gas engine, protection package, 3.55 optional rear end, Delmonico Red, delete bedliner, trailer brake controller, air suspension, advanced safety package, bed utility group, blockheater, 33 gallon tank, Longhorn Level 1 package. total price of $65,200 including $1695 transportation cost. I am told the dealer invoice price is $59,751 and the best sales price I have found is $58,051 which includes the dealer only keeping about $100 of the dealer holdback. Not sure how to reference that to the Canadian market but thought it might be of interest to you. Going by memory it seems that the price is about $10000 more than my 2014 with the Ecodiesel and similar options except forthe 12 video display and other improvements. Lots of money for sure.

I was suprised by how good the price I got fromthe dealer for a special order 2020 was but there are no rebates now. Always bad to buy one early inthe season.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6658 times
    Forgot about another thing. There's a split bumper in the front and more cooling radiators visible.

How do you say ....Yeah?
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2372 times
    the video guys say the block is now made of CGI. I believe ours were also made from CGI so I don't think that is anything new.
    Captainmal likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1080 times
    Anyone notice that the intercooler was now breathing through the bumper?

Can you say... vastly improved cooling capabilities?

I believe them when they say the redesigned a large portion of the engine. My guess is, they know whats blowing them up and are now fixing that.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Limited ecodiesel
    Liked
    26 times
    As far as pricing goes the new trend now is to overprice new models and then to offer 25% off deals to the public. I guess it must be working. And when the next recession hits Ram will offer bigger discounts and still making profit.
    Let me proof my point. When the dealer called 2 months ago and offered to by my 2016 Ltd and put me in the new body Hemi for the same payments and $18000 off I replied that because price of new model went up by $12000 I would require a discount of $30000 to buy one. She replied that that's why they don't put discount numbers in emails and I should come down to the dealership and make an offer. Seriously.... she was very aggressive and kept texting me for 5 weeks.
    Regular price was $82000 CDN so Ecodiesel may be $87000 . That's over $98000 for the truck!!!!! Insane.
    My 2016 Ltd list price was $76000 and invoice (employee price ) was $58000 and could still be lowered by thousands by the dealer 250mi away.
    So..... it's all a big game of number manipulation and bombardment of commercials.
    I still believe I have overpaid and intend to keep mine for the next 10 yrs.......although that new 2020 ED looks damn hot. Let's hope that sales lady will text me again😁

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links