Uconnect worth the monthly price?

This is a discussion on Uconnect worth the monthly price? within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; So I got my ecodiesel almost 3 weeks ago. The uconnect subscription ended the day after i got my truck. Whoever subscribes to this, is ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Nola3liter
  • 1 Post By Bgbdwlf2500
  • 1 Post By SlowrTrfcKeepRght
  • 1 Post By andymax
  • 1 Post By RamItEco

Thread: Uconnect worth the monthly price?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    19 times

So I got my ecodiesel almost 3 weeks ago. The uconnect subscription ended the day after i got my truck. Whoever subscribes to this, is it worth the $20 a month for using the app on your phone? I know you get support in case of an emergency but just curious.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 longhorn 1500
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wrice4 View Post
    So I got my ecodiesel almost 3 weeks ago. The uconnect subscription ended the day after i got my truck. Whoever subscribes to this, is it worth the $20 a month for using the app on your phone? I know you get support in case of an emergency but just curious.
    Itís nice to be able to remote start the truck from farther than the key reaches. I have it, but donít know that itís 20$ a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wrice4 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Not in my opinion

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    wrice4 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

RAM Jr Member SlowrTrfcKeepRght's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Lone Star Ecodiesel 4x4
    Liked
    19 times
    My opinion, unconnect is a total waste of money.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    wrice4 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Other people's opinions are completely useless here...even mine. ( I'm a Uconnect user and fan BTW...)

Allow me to explain my comment. Uconnect offers a specific set of features for a specific amount of money. Only you can decide if those features provide enough benefit for YOU and your use case. In my case I find Uconnect VERY useful and provides sufficient value. Others obviously feel differently about the cost vs. benefit.

Here's why I find Uconnect worth the money:
    1. Remote Start from phone. I travel a lot and find it useful if the vehicle is further away then the fob will reach (frequently). Also, starting it right after I land at an airport.
    2. Remote Lock/unlock - same...I travel and am scatterbrained sometimes. Almost every time I fly, or park at a hotel, I question whether I locked the car...easy from the phone.
    2.1 - I can also use this feature to give someone temporary access to the vehicle.
    3. Ability to locate the vehicle any time I want to...useful when my teenager uses it. Also useful if you are concerned about theft, etc. I've also used it to determine if the dealer actually moved the car into the shop during service appointments.
    4. The Send and Go function is pretty useful to me as well.

I pay 16.29/mo for Uconnect, however there are times when they will offer a better price if you prepay the year.
    wrice4 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 3500
    Liked
    2468 times
    Check into Sirius Guardian , My brother uses it with his Ram 3500 ,I believe it’s the exact same as U Connect and it might even be the same ? I believe he payed less than 10.00 per month or 80.00 per year not sure? Sirius always plays money games, negotiate with them ....

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Laramie Longhorn Eco-Diesel
    Liked
    72 times
    I got Uconnect for a year when it was having a sale. Like user 'andymax' mentioned, I love remote starting my truck from the phone when I'm heading out of wherever I am; the mall, theme park, football game, etc. It's nice to get to a truck that has the a/c running in sunny south florida. I like the send n go feature, I still double check with waze or apple maps to make sure I'm being given the best available route. Vehicle finder is great for when your truck is at a shop or dealer and you want to see if it's been moved.
    wrice4 likes this.

Sponsored Links