A new Truck

A new Truck

This is a discussion on A new Truck within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; I just got a new 2016, truck. Let me explain. I installed a GDE engine tune in my truck last night. It drives like a ...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 12 Post By Jerome11
  • 2 Post By John Bartley
  • 1 Post By Kazimodo
  • 1 Post By Bounty Hunter

Thread: A new Truck

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    22 times

A new Truck

I just got a new 2016, truck. Let me explain. I installed a GDE engine tune in my truck last night. It drives like a new truck. I must say I was a little hesitant about spending about $830.00, when you add the options I had added to my tune. ( Regen Message, Engine brake) But in my opinion only, cause I know the tune bashers with post negative comments about GDE, but this is MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ONLY. LOVE the truck again the truck currently has 37k on it, so far I have had zero problems. After the dealer over filled the truck with oil on two oil changes I have been changing my own oil. I currently use only Amsoil 5-40 Diesel oil. I plan to drive the truck until it dies.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 longhorn 1500
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome11 View Post
    I just got a new 2016, truck. Let me explain. I installed a GDE engine tune in my truck last night. It drives like a new truck. I must say I was a little hesitant about spending about $830.00, when you add the options I had added to my tune. ( Regen Message, Engine brake) But in my opinion only, cause I know the tune bashers with post negative comments about GDE, but this is MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ONLY. LOVE the truck again the truck currently has 37k on it, so far I have had zero problems. After the dealer over filled the truck with oil on two oil changes I have been changing my own oil. I currently use only Amsoil 5-40 Diesel oil. I plan to drive the truck until it dies.
    Great to hear I just emailed them this weekend about what they recommend for me. I have 158k miles on a 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N 48° 38.680, W 080° 40.837 (Northern Ontario)
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 SLT, QC, Ram Box, Black Forest Green, Canyon Brown
    Liked
    341 times
    But in my opinion only, cause I know the tune bashers with post negative comments about GDE,
    I've been reading this forum since before I picked up my truck in Feb of 2016, and I don't think I have ever read a negative post about GDE ??
    John Jensen and Mooseeater like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1423 times
    we are all hesitant to spend that much money for the tune , but it really is protection on our investment in a $50-60 000 truck.
    remembering that the tune is transferable ( tuned ECM can be sold , GDE will transfer owners in their files , reflash to new owner's truck's specs for $200 )
    helps pulling the trigger , once done ==> no regrets .
    Haul N Grass likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Laramie Longhorn ED
    Liked
    30 times
    I know it's been addressed here many times.
    My only concern is that I'll get caught and void my warranty.
    Besides that, it seems all good.

RAM Silver Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1690 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jberg View Post
    I know it's been addressed here many times.
    My only concern is that I'll get caught and void my warranty.
    Besides that, it seems all good.
    I've had my '16 in for warranty work a few times in the 85k I've been tuned, never an issue with the GDE Hot Tune installed. There have been no reported issues.

The tune is not readily apparent during a dealer visit, and in my opinion they're not looking for it either. FCA knows the issues with this platform and tuning isn't one of them.
    Mopar73340 likes this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    22 times
    What type if any problem have you had with your truck and what type of oil are you using?.

RAM Silver Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1690 times
    What type if any problem have you had with your truck and what type of oil are you using?.
    If you're asking me, I only use the recommended T6 5w40 and change every 10k. Will go with a longer interval once warranty is up at 120k.

Most of my warranty work has been recalls. Tried to get them to fix the wind noise common to the driver's side window but they couldn't. Also couldn't get them to fix the popping in the front end when turning at slow speeds. Will try again before 120k. Currently at 85k.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    22 times
    I have never been able to get that much on my oil, the dash display only goes about 8600 mile until it say's its time to change the oil.

Sponsored Links