First EcoDiesel ever

First EcoDiesel ever

This is a discussion on First EcoDiesel ever within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Hi everyone. I just bought my first diesel ED 2015 ever and I love it but I've been reading a lot about EGR delete. Does ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jean13
  • 1 Post By Ecosparky

Thread: First EcoDiesel ever

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

First EcoDiesel ever

Hi everyone.
    I just bought my first diesel ED 2015 ever and I love it but I've been reading a lot about EGR delete. Does any one knows who do it here in Ontario? I live in the Hamilton area and also if you know an experienced ecodiesel body shop. Any advice how to avoid future problems?
    97hmcs likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '19 Ram Cummins
    Liked
    6819 times
    Welcome your new Ecodiesel with GDE. Seriously. You will then be turning off the EGR electronically. It will be there but your oil will be clean, the intake clean, the swirl valves clean and no heating up the intake. Then you also get to turn off the DEF sensors and stop those problems. You can then use water instead of DEF fluid. Pilot injection is now off, better fuel mileage is now on and more.

It is a real "no-brainer' for longevity, cleanliness and reliability. Of course you can physically rip everything out and replace then total exhaust, cutting off the sensors for a full delete. Then you need a program to make it run. Guess what??? GDE. Just do it.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Vehicle
    Big Horn QC 4X4 6.4 bed 3.92 LSD
    Liked
    3721 times
    Welcome to our forum. As Captain said you can simply buy a tune that turns off the pointless EGR. Also if later you get a leaky EGR cooler a common problem, you can get a delete kit for it and you won’t get the check engine light because you would already have a tune which turns the warning light off. A full delete with gutting or replacing the exhaust is rarely needed.

If you have or are about to get the AEM detune for the potential $3,075 from FCA then you would also want the transmission tune as the AEM messes with that also. Good news being you would or could have more than enough to pay for both tunes. With both tunes it’s a dramatically better running more trouble free truck than stock let alone compared to the government AEM tune. Plus bump in power & mileage, addition tune controlled turbo brake, clean engine as Captain stated & more.

You might research GDEs and or other tuners to read more about it and get any questions answered.
    Airstream TT & boat transporter. Factory trailer brake controller tow mirrors & hitch camera, B&M GN turnover ball, Andersen 5er adapter, WDH with built in sway control & steel adjustable hitch, Axle to frame air bags, GDE engine & transmission tunes plus turbo brake, SLT Grill, 275/55/20 XL load tires, Max ED tow rating 9,200, combined axle rating 7,800, Max 4th gen 1500 CVWR 15,950, Max receiver tongue weight 1265 w WDH, CAT scales 3,300 steer 2,560 drive with me hitches & tools

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Limited Ecodiesel
    Liked
    194 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VernDiesel View Post
    Welcome to our forum. As Captain said you can simply buy a tune that turns off the pointless EGR. Also if later you get a leaky EGR cooler a common problem, you can get a delete kit for it and you won’t get the check engine light because you would already have a tune which turns the warning light off. A full delete with gutting or replacing the exhaust is rarely needed.

If you have or are about to get the AEM detune for the potential $3,075 from FCA then you would also want the transmission tune as the AEM messes with that also. Good news being you would or could have more than enough to pay for both tunes. With both tunes it’s a dramatically better running more trouble free truck than stock let alone compared to the government AEM tune. Plus bump in power & mileage, addition tune controlled turbo brake, clean engine as Captain stated & more.

You might research GDEs and or other tuners to read more about it and get any questions answered.
    Vern....unfortunately us Canadians get screwed and don't receive the $3075 US payout or the extended warranty.
    JohnnyMac likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Limited Ecodiesel
    Liked
    194 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jean13 View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I just bought my first diesel ED 2015 ever and I love it but I've been reading a lot about EGR delete. Does any one knows who do it here in Ontario? I live in the Hamilton area and also if you know an experienced ecodiesel body shop. Any advice how to avoid future problems?
    If you are handy you can buy a delete kit and do the installation yourself. Then you send your ECM to GDE for programming.
    I did this myself and it's well worth it.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 with 3:55
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jean13 View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I agree with others, GDE should be at or near the top. Since you are up north, I would just continue using DEF. I know Celtic Tuning is also an option but I know very little about them. Welcome to the forum, there's a whole lot of great information here!

RAM Silver Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1676 times
    Here's another option for north of the border: https://www.mrtuning.ca/en/chip_tuni...2014_2018.html
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Ram Big Horn 1500
    Liked
    5 times
    Welcome. I just got on the forum myself after purchasing a 2018 Ecodiesel here in Michigan. Got the GDE tune 2 weeks ago and it made the WORLD of difference. Big thing I notice is NO delay when hitting that accelerator from a stop.

Sponsored Links