1500 Diesel - arrives in March? - Page 3

1500 Diesel - arrives in March?

This is a discussion on 1500 Diesel - arrives in March? within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; That's about the same truck I'm looking to buy. The problem I see is that they will deal($41k) on a Hemi, but I think we ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 1500 Diesel - arrives in March?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie CC ED, 6'4" bed, 3.55 gears
    Liked
    44 times
    That's about the same truck I'm looking to buy. The problem I see is that they will deal($41k) on a Hemi, but I think we will have to pay closer to $50-52k for the diesel. I just don't think there will be incentives on them. I hate to wait until March just to decide to buy a Hemi then. I'm not going to order one without knowing my price either... It looks like about a $8-10k difference in price! I'm on the fence...

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    B Shann, looks like you are on the fence as I was... From a price and functionality perspective, the 5.7 hemi is probably the better overall value.... hard to factor in things like resale on a model that is not even released yet, and probably not fair to extrapolate that just because the Ram 1500 is a diesel, that it will have great resale value / hold value like the 3/4 ton trucks do....
    So that said, if you get a 5,000 lower price on a hemi, and your fuel cost where you reside is similar to Pennsylvania, the cost is almost equal, and throw in the 5000 cost differential, then the hemi wins every time.

Me I am going to drive the diesel before any decision.. if it was a logical decision, would probably buy a used 2012 Duramax.... but I want the little diesel.... and I can afford it probably for the first time in my life, last kid is a senior in college, he has a job already and does not graduate until May... and other 2 kids on their feet.... so this choice on the truck really is not dollars and cents... Sure the expected fuel economy of the Ram 1500 eco-diesel are attractive....
    And I am sure different folks have different reasons, uses, financial situations etc...... all that has to be taken into consideration for each person looking at a vehicle....
    For me, I just want it.... not logical, not rational... too emotional... I just want the Ram 1500 diesel.... A test drive, a good long one will be the final part of the decision....
    I will pay more for the diesel vs the hemi, or really vs an F150 with a 5.0 which I like, or a Chevy with a 5.3, or even a good clean 3/4 ton Chevy Duramax 2011/12......
    Does it make sense? when we have pinched pennys our whole lives, raised 3 kids etc.... NOPE.... . but I want the diesel..... I like diesels, we have had a whole fleet of them in our family since the early 1980s, and still do......

My guess is Ram and soon to be Nissan with the Titan, are marketing to a whole group of people like you, like me, who like diesels.... and sure they will lay the marketing jargon on thick, and we will let them, because we want one........

Hemi is not a bad choice, and it's not a wrong choice..... it's probably the pragmatic and safe choice...

Let's hope we all don't have to wait too long for the little diesel !

Marsman

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links