1500 Diesel - arrives in March?

This is a discussion on 1500 Diesel - arrives in March? within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Reid Bigland, head of Ram Truck for Chrysler, argues the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, scheduled to arrive in showrooms in March 2014, is essentially competing for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 1500 Diesel - arrives in March?

Member #
    Liked
    157 times

Reid Bigland, head of Ram Truck for Chrysler, argues the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, scheduled to arrive in showrooms in March 2014, is essentially competing for the same buyers as the Colorado.
    Well..... looks like they are talking about a March release now.

see:

Ram thinks EcoDiesel will lure small-pickup buyers into fullsize 1500 - Autoblog

Personally, I hope the actual release is not pushed further out anymore.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2500 CTD Laramie 4x4 CC Long Box in Prairie Pearl. Former 1500 EcoDiesel owner.
    Liked
    362 times
    We all hope for sooner than later but it has been delayed several times already. Of course, long waits between product announcement and delivery have become almost standard in many industries. It has taken me up to 6 months to receive cameras that I ordered! New computers and phones often take several months.

At the beginning of November a Ram rep told me that production would start the beginning of January with a few units probably coming out before the holidays in December. Now I see that production updates posted on 11/18 show it as 1/20/14 with a 10-12 week lead time! So, March seems optimistic for when they will reach dealer lots. I'm sure it will be worth the wait for those of us who are not in need of a truck now.
    Last edited by Bigfoot; 11-22-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    ugh, lets hope that RAM is just playing on the safe side when it comes to release dates. Under Promise, Over Deliver!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    well that's one less winter of road salt here in western Pa !!

Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Now I see that production updates posted on 11/18 show it as 1/20/14 with a 10-12 week lead time!
    Hey... 1/20 is my B'Day

Where can you find information about the production schedule?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2500 CTD Laramie 4x4 CC Long Box in Prairie Pearl. Former 1500 EcoDiesel owner.
    Liked
    362 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdogtrail View Post
    Hey... 1/20 is my B'Day

Where can you find information about the production schedule?
    That may be a good omen.

Donlen has production info.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I finally got around to reading the owners Manuel for my 2014 ram. There is a whole section on the ecodiesel. A little while back i test drive one and posted some info from the rep. I quoted about the 5000 lb daily towing rating and 7200lb max tow. I was questioned on the 5000lb daily towing and this person wanted the reps name to hang him. So I turn to the tow rating page in my book and there it is. The 4 doors are rated for 5000lb daily towing and 7200lb max. If you don't like the info you read, try looking it up before you rant on correct info.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Limited eco-diesel
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireboy View Post
    I finally got around to reading the owners Manuel for my 2014 ram. There is a whole section on the ecodiesel. A little while back i test drive one and posted some info from the rep. I quoted about the 5000 lb daily towing rating and 7200lb max tow. I was questioned on the 5000lb daily towing and this person wanted the reps name to hang him. So I turn to the tow rating page in my book and there it is. The 4 doors are rated for 5000lb daily towing and 7200lb max. If you don't like the info you read, try looking it up before you rant on correct info.
    If that is the case and since I would order a 4 door, loaded 4WD, I'm even more convinced to order it with the 3.92 axle ratio. My boat, when loaded with boating accessories and on it's tandem trailer weighs approximately 5,000#. I estimate I tow it approximately 2,000 km a year. My annual overall mileage averages about 16,000 km per year.
    Why is there a difference between "daily towing" and max. towing?
    Nomad likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I am not sure. Have the user guide in front of me now and all 3 engines with 8 speed say 5000lbs for daily standard towing. Max towing number are different for each engine as we know. And payload numbers are different for each model. Might be worth a trip to dealer to look at a user guide. 1500/2500/3500 all use same book.

Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireboy View Post
    I am not sure. Have the user guide in front of me now and all 3 engines with 8 speed say 5000lbs for daily standard towing. Max towing number are different for each engine as we know. And payload numbers are different for each model. Might be worth a trip to dealer to look at a user guide. 1500/2500/3500 all use same book.
    Digital (PDF format) owners manuals can be found at the Ram Trucks site.

My Ram Trucks: Ram Owners Service Manuals - Ram Cars, Minivans, SUVs

Page 70 of the Diesel supplement only gives max towing for certain models:

1500 ST SLT Bighorn/Lonestar Laramie Outdoorsman
    3.0L Turbo Diesel Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission Max Towing: 9,250 lbs (4 196 kg)
    Max Payload: 1,520 lbs (689 kg)

I think, but it is not clear to me from what I read in the user manual that the 5000 lb. figure for towing is for trucks not equipped with the Trailer Tow Group and the Diesel Max Towing Package.

From the towing charts on the ramtrucks.com site, I am to believe that the 4x4 QC Outdoorsman is rated to tow 8750 lbs. with the 3.92 rear end.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links