Test drive of Jeep 3.0 diesel Friday 11/29 - report - Page 3

Test drive of Jeep 3.0 diesel Friday 11/29 - report

This is a discussion on Test drive of Jeep 3.0 diesel Friday 11/29 - report within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Originally Posted by Fireboy Lol. I guess it will not be me. Loving my pentastar. Second tank of fuel I got 1055kms. 100 litre tank. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2500 CTD Laramie 4x4 CC Long Box in Prairie Pearl. Former 1500 EcoDiesel owner.
    Liked
    362 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireboy View Post
    Lol. I guess it will not be me. Loving my pentastar. Second tank of fuel I got 1055kms. 100 litre tank. Very happy with engine and tranny package.
    That's nearly 25 mpg, what the base truck is rated for on the highway. Good job!

I'll bet I could average over 30 mpg unloaded in the diesel, if I ever get the chance.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I think u could too. I wish I could. Lol. The price is just to high up here in canada. Maybe my next one will have the diesel.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Limited eco-diesel
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireboy View Post
    I am also on a jeep GC forum and there is some info to think about. If u average the posts they r getting about 24mpg so far and the ram will be a heavier vehicle. They r also having a lot of issues with the DEF system. Gauges reading incorrect. Alerts from computer about DEF levels and regen that are incorrect. Also a big problem with DEF injector. It is made of plastic and is not functioning well in cold weather. Computer then gives an alert that it is not working. One guy had the injector crack and the computer gave him 200 miles until engine would shut off and not restart. He now has to wait a month for the part and vehicle is sitting in dealer garage. It's too bad the emission rules r so tight on diesels. They have to figure out how to get rid of the def systems. I did a lot of research on these systems and they are all a headache. I guess that is what the warranty is for.
    What is the web-site where we can also check out the Jeep GC forum?

I test drove the first one to arrive in our area about 2 weeks ago. It is a very nice vehicle. I noticed it had slightly less power than my 2013 Mercedes-benz GL350 with the same size diesel engine (3.0L). Altho the MB has the same 240 hp it does have 455 lb/ft of torque so that is probably the difference, plus it is broke in. If I was in the market for a 2 row SUV such as the Jeep, I think I would opt for the MB ML350 with the 3.0L diesel. It is only a $1,500 option over the gasoline V-6, compared to the $4950 option cost on the Jeep. Of course, the Jeep probably has better off-road capabilities, if that is a priority. I have had absolutely no DEF problems with the MB, altho it is kept in a garage which probably helps. Actually no problems what-so-ever and it has 23,000 km on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links