RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

2018 HID upgrade

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  jimmienapalm 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally got around to installing my HID kit from the retrofit source. It's a direct Plug and Play that gives you everything you need to work with the CANBUS system. Relatively straightforward to install like most hid systems although the addition of the resistors made for an extra step and added Hardware to the harness that made it a little tricky. Also finding space behind the headlights and radiator surround was fun to mount the resistors and ballast and have room for the anti flicker modules. But in the end I got everything tucked away nicely and other than the positive and negative wires going to the battery you can't even tell there's an HID system installed

HIDs with fogs

HIDs with high beams

This shows where I mounted the resistors. The picture doesn't show the ballast but they are mounted on top of the horizontal front Cross Beam underneath where the headlight goes. Everything has to be mounted to metal because it gets hot and in a place where there's relatively some air flow

Here's a link to the kit I bought. I use 35 watt ballast and 5500 k bulbs
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/2...ts)+1500&preselect=47338&preselect_restrict=1

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.