RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Headlight Revolution GTR HID bulb conversion kit

11K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Ram2020Eco 
#1 ·
Anybody have experience with Headlight Revolution GTR HID kit? I kno about the Morimoto’s as I’ve used them before on my last truck. I’ve read good reviews on the GTR’s but wanted to reach out to the audience. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Zero canbus issues. The cutoff is sharp and easily adjustable so as to not blind oncoming traffic. They're a pure white with no hint of blue (I don't like blue light). I rarely use my brights anymore.

Reactions: sfstevers
#5 ·
Do you have some part numbers or a link. I like to improve my headlights but do not want to blind others. I did install Osram Nightbreaker halogen bulbs and the light is somewhat better now but there is still room for improvement.

Reactions: sfstevers
#6 ·
I run the headlight revolution HID kit for my Laramie with projector lights. I love them!!! They are a 5000k color also totally white. There most recent one hooks straight up to your factory light wires. No hookup needed to battery. Just the drilling through the covers behind the bulbs. But the directions are very clear. Very well made system. I did have to lower the lights or I would have got flashed.
This is the link for mine. 2017 55w ballast

https://headlightrevolution.com/200...adlights-upgrade-low-beam-hid-conversion-kit/

I also used theres on my 2012 reflector headlights.
They might be a little higher priced than others. But they’re a good product that goes in easy and I haven’t had any issues since installing.
Good luck in your choice. But I’d definitely buy from them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
You could go back to stock if you want. There would be a hole in the dust cover on the headlight housing that you could put a solid grommet in. I don't think you would want to go back to stock though unless you were getting rid of the truck. The GTRs don't have relays so its an easy install that you will easily forget you have done until you drive at night then you will be happy you have good lighting.

#8 ·
I have been running the GTR kit for about 7 months with no issue. Love them. When drilling the holes in the dust cover make sure you drill in line with where the back of the bulb is. This will give room for the wires at the end of the bulb. I have the 5,000k 35W bulbs. These are plenty bright. I didn't want to go with the 55W because I don't want to be that guy that is blinding everyone. I put the morimoto fog lights in at the same time. They are a little mor eblueish than the 5,000k GTRs so if you have those and want to match them you problably need to go to 6,000k. All in all I am very happy with the setup I have now.

#12 ·
I've had these for about 3 to 4 months and I'm not thrilled. Very bright but the plug on the igniter snapped off installing it, now the ballast has failed. They also have a very loud buzzing and caused quite a bit of radio interference. Customer service was always great, but I'm switching to Diode Dynamics Hylux ballast and HID bulbs

#14 ·
Can someone please help me!! I have a 2020 Ram Ecodiesel (North) and I upgraded the light bulbs to the HR lights and they are super bright, so now I have other cars flashing me all the time. I can't seem to find how to adjust the headlight (unsure if it can be done) for this model truck? I took it to the dealer and they said no adjustment was needed, but I truly believe they didn't want to do anything for me. I walked by the truck and the guy was smoking a cig and looking up stuff on the computer as he talked to someone else laughing and all. I don't believe he wanted to mess with it and help adjust the lights.

Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.