RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Fog lights "jiggle" when on, AND I want to change to yellow fogs?

9K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Machria 
#1 ·
#1 I haven't crawled under to have a look at them, but I notice my fog lights both seem to jiggle around (the light from them anyway) when they are on. Are they ALL loose and jiggle, or are mine possibly not snapped in properly or something? It's not really bad, but a noticeable jittering when driving, especially when I hit bumps... almost makes them look like they are blinking slightly.

And #2, I'd love to change the fog bulbs to the brightest YELLOW bulbs I can get for them, without having to do the complicated LED conversion with drivers, cooling fans... I just want a plug in yellow bulb, keep it simple kinda thing. Can anyone recommend a bright yellow replacement bulb?

2015 Limited ED

#3 ·
Thanks.... but it looks like the yellow they have is not any brighter than the standard bulb..... I need the vertical bulbs I see.

#5 ·
#12 ·
So what "LED Amber" lights did you install??

Reactions: Bravo2
#8 ·
I had this problem, and what caused mine was that the adjustment nut (big wing nut type thing) completely disappeared. It fell off or was stolen (possibly from another owner that lost it). You can't buy just the nut, only the whole fog light assembly. I might use a green locktite on my new truck.

#9 ·
The jiggling fog lights is a known issue caused by wear in the plastic locator pins on the housing.
Tightening will reduce the jiggle short term. I convinced FCA to pay for replacement fog light housings under warranty.
They were reluctant, at first. I'll buy aftermarket replacements when it starts again.

#10 ·
Anyone here have any success in getting these brackets replaced under an FCA MaxxCare warranty?

#11 ·
Yes, well, kinda. I got them to approve it via phone, but was waiting for the service center to schedule it (they were backed up 2 months). In meantime, I had a fender bender which killed my front bumper, when it was replaced, the body shop also replaced the fog lights/housings which are now perfect! The old ones were plastic, the new ones are all steel and tight, no jiggle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.