Fog lights "jiggle" when on, AND I want to change to yellow fogs?

This is a discussion on Fog lights "jiggle" when on, AND I want to change to yellow fogs? within the RAM 1500 Diesel Lighting forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; #1 I haven't crawled under to have a look at them, but I notice my fog lights both seem to jiggle around (the light from ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AOFA

Thread: Fog lights "jiggle" when on, AND I want to change to yellow fogs?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Limited Ecodiesel
    Liked
    3 times

#1 I haven't crawled under to have a look at them, but I notice my fog lights both seem to jiggle around (the light from them anyway) when they are on. Are they ALL loose and jiggle, or are mine possibly not snapped in properly or something? It's not really bad, but a noticeable jittering when driving, especially when I hit bumps... almost makes them look like they are blinking slightly.

And #2, I'd love to change the fog bulbs to the brightest YELLOW bulbs I can get for them, without having to do the complicated LED conversion with drivers, cooling fans... I just want a plug in yellow bulb, keep it simple kinda thing. Can anyone recommend a bright yellow replacement bulb?

2015 Limited ED
    2015 Limited Ecodiesel w/Ramboxes, Bakflip G2 tonneau cover, Amp Research BedStep, Block heater grill plug, Custom Jumper cable grill plug, Mopar OEM running lights, Custom LED bed lights, Custom Rambox organizers, Putco Element chrome window visors, Recon LED tailgate light bar

Member #
    Vehicle
    Eco diesel 1500
    Liked
    938 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Machria View Post
    #1 I haven't crawled under to have a look at them, but I notice my fog lights both seem to jiggle around (the light from them anyway) when they are on. Are they ALL loose and jiggle, or are mine possibly not snapped in properly or something? It's not really bad, but a noticeable jittering when driving, especially when I hit bumps... almost makes them look like they are blinking slightly.

And #2, I'd love to change the fog bulbs to the brightest YELLOW bulbs I can get for them, without having to do the complicated LED conversion with drivers, cooling fans... I just want a plug in yellow bulb, keep it simple kinda thing. Can anyone recommend a bright yellow replacement bulb?

2015 Limited ED

https://www.diodedynamics.com/fog-li...ntal-pair.html

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Limited Ecodiesel
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks.... but it looks like the yellow they have is not any brighter than the standard bulb..... I need the vertical bulbs I see.
    2015 Limited Ecodiesel w/Ramboxes, Bakflip G2 tonneau cover, Amp Research BedStep, Block heater grill plug, Custom Jumper cable grill plug, Mopar OEM running lights, Custom LED bed lights, Custom Rambox organizers, Putco Element chrome window visors, Recon LED tailgate light bar

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1327 times
    When you say " jiggle " , do you mean you are in this situation ??
    https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/d...obble-fix.html

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Limited Ecodiesel
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazimodo View Post
    When you say " jiggle " , do you mean you are in this situation ??
    https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...obble-fix.html
    Yep, that is exactly what I mean. Thanks.... too bad I didn't post this last week, I just picked my truck up from the dealer to replace the fuel pump, dang.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 4x4 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
    Liked
    195 times
    I had something similar, had the dealer check it when I was in for something else and they just tightened some of the bolts. I haven't checked to see if they are now misaligned now and that has me a bit worried....

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Tradesman 2WD CC GC
    Liked
    103 times
    Bad picture but here's a side by side of two different fog bulbs. Headlights are projectors with Phillips Crystal Vision Ultra's in the low beams.

Drivers Side: LED Amber
    Passenger Side: Phillips Crystal Vision Ultra

The LED match the amber marking lights on the projector headlights.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fog lights "jiggle" when on, AND I want to change to yellow fogs?-20180830_091218_1535645712478.jpg  
    Last edited by SavagePatch; 08-30-2018 at 10:55 AM. Reason: pic

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Bighorn Black Edition Ecodiesel, 2.5” level
    Liked
    40 times
    I had this problem, and what caused mine was that the adjustment nut (big wing nut type thing) completely disappeared. It fell off or was stolen (possibly from another owner that lost it). You can't buy just the nut, only the whole fog light assembly. I might use a green locktite on my new truck.
    TwoBobs likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Laramie Longhorn ED
    Liked
    25 times
    The jiggling fog lights is a known issue caused by wear in the plastic locator pins on the housing.
    Tightening will reduce the jiggle short term. I convinced FCA to pay for replacement fog light housings under warranty.
    They were reluctant, at first. I'll buy aftermarket replacements when it starts again.

Sponsored Links