RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Roadshock LED by Harbor Freight

18K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  ehart814 
#1 ·
Is anyone running these yet on any of their trucks or other vehicles? Feedback appreciated.
Finally held some in hand the other day. Sealing seems to be decent and attention to detail and quality better than others I've seen - as far as I could see...sometimes the cheap ones get really lazy and sloppy with glue residue and stuff.
With a 20% off coupon, I'm almost tempted to buy one just to try it out. However our trucks have virtually zero mounting options to work with so I'm kinda lost.

On a related note, any input on the Traveller brand from TSC?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
I buy things at HF with the presumption that it will not hold up. But when i bought a cheap orbital sander for my large pool deck last summer , i was suprised it held up under a LOT of use. Still...

#3 ·
#4 ·
I've bought many tools from them over the years. Some things you can't go wrong ( hammers, combination wrenches ect.) I would buy things to work on heavy equipment and use them as throw away tools. I would cut them to size, or to put 4' pipes on for leverage. ( many cases the fasteners were not reused so it either broke loose or broke OFF ) I would heat them and bend them to fit a special situation, or just beat the snot out of with sledge hammers. Doing these things to a $60 Snap-on wrench didn't appeal to me. So the $29 sets up to 1 1/4" or the large $49 sets up to 2" were perfect for those things. Surprisingly I Still have most of them!

I also have bought their air tools as in die grinders and cutoff tools.These also were NOT used lightly. Again I still have most of them after 25 - 30 Years!

Buyer beware, but with that in mind you may be surprised, I know I was.

#6 ·
For what it's worth, I just got an email today from Rigid Lighting that was showing off their new mounting options for LED lightbars on Ram 1500 trucks. Very slick looking mounting kits - but you definitely pay for the Rigid brand quality and their marketing. But I've used their lights on a couple of Jeeps and they held up to some BRUTAL abuse. If I needed LED's for this truck I'd definitely go for them over the HF lights.

My 2 cents...

Bob

#7 ·
I think we are all surprised at Harbor Freight tools, how long they last sometimes. Best return policy ever too.
I, too, wouldn't use them for safety equipment (although some of their 2" ratchet straps recently worked great for keeping my ATV secured on top of my toolbox, it didn't fly away at 80mph).
Most of the hand tools in the truck are Pittsburgh. I keep my good tools at home. I've used the heck out of the tools in the truck and haven't replaced them yet (their channel lock pliers suck though).
As for Rigid...you get what you pay for. Just wondering how these compare to the rest of the inexpensive brands.
I did look up the new Rigid mounts, and really got my hopes up when I saw two new bumper mount options for the 1500! Then I read...urethane bumpers only :(

#8 ·
I have the 14 inch on a golf cart that my kids and I beat up through the woods. I have had it on there for over a year. Believe it or not it has been under water more than once. The beam is not super focused and at times doesn't seem to have the distance that other light bars have. I think I walked out of there for way less than that with their coupons. I would buy another one from them as long as I wasn't using it for surgery or some other critical application. Im a huge fan of Harbor freight, I buy their version of a tool if I need one. If I use it enough to break it. I buy a name brand one.

#9 ·
:rolleyes: Just, please don't be that D-H that drives with those blinding lights on with oncoming traffic.:mad:

My highbeam comes on, when I see these coming at me. I figure the other driver needs help seeing the road.

#10 ·
Absolutely not. I live in a place where every idiot has their high beams on out of sheer ignorance what that blue light is on their cluster. It drives me insane as my eyes are severely sensitive to light.

#12 ·
I’m sure these lights are better than they need to be for use on a utv or atv or tractor. The Traveller ones from TSC are very nice. A friend of mine has one. Much higher quality than the amazon cheapie that I have been using for 3 years without A single problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.