iFJF fuel filter - Page 2

iFJF fuel filter

This is a discussion on iFJF fuel filter within the RAM 1500 Diesel Maintenance forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; One other thing,for those of you in States that mandate biodiesel try your hardest to buy the lowest % you can. The Bio part of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: iFJF fuel filter

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    One other thing,for those of you in States that mandate biodiesel try your hardest to buy the lowest % you can. The Bio part of bio diesel can significantly reduce the water separators efficiency. Then you are back in the same boat, you open the drain and get no water and think "Great, I have really dry diesel in my area!" when really you have been passing the water to the injectors. Not good at all.
    MR. TED and Kazimodo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Any update how the filter performed?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoD SLT
    Liked
    18 times
    Sorry for digging up an ol* thread.

I've been using the Wix filter on both Ram & JGC eco-d without any issues until this week. I decided to change Ram filter due to smelling fuel & then seeing fuel dripping from fuel filter housing. I've attached a pic of the "original" filter & the filter I put in ~15k ago. The Wix is bulging out & I'm guessing either that was causing the leaking or a bad O-ring on the yellow drain nut. I replaced the drain nut today along with O-ring. Knock on wood, when I started it up... no more leak. Looks like I'll be going with the Mopar filter from now on. Stinks cause my local Napa carries the Wix & I don't have to order ahead of time.iFJF fuel filter-filter-pics.jpg
    TexasRam, Captainmal and Kazimodo like this.
    Mine - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoD SLT... Stock, for now 😁
    Hers - 2015 Jeep GC Limited EcoD (Banks exhaust)

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 ram ecodiesel, 03'ford 250 6.0 superduty, 05' volkswagen jetta tdi, toro 23hp kubota diesel
    Liked
    35 times
    we were having crank time issues so i bought two ifjf filters and installed within 3,000 mi. of each other and both we distorted somewhat, the black plastic and the blue seal. Going to stick with mopar filter from now on.
    Kazimodo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    FCA will void your warranty if you have issues and they find a non-OEM filter.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel; GDE tuned
    Liked
    36 times
    cheapest oem filter I can find so far is off amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...76IVRETC&psc=1

unless anyone else knows where to get the oem for less...

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram ED Crew Cab Big Horn
    Liked
    90 times
    Haven't really shopped around in a while, but this is where I've been getting my filters.

https://www.dieselfiltersonline.com/...l-filters.html

Member #
    Vehicle
    Granite Crystal 15 Big Horn Eco 4x4 Crew with 6'4" box
    Liked
    192 times
    ^^^^^ Would be nice to use, but the postal cost for shipping to the great white north makes it really expensive. Fuel filter alone shipping cost is way more than the cost of the filter and then the $ conversion.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjkv View Post
    FCA will void your warranty if you have issues and they find a non-OEM filter.
    Fuel related problems aren't usually covered under warranty anyway. In other words if you're using a genuine MOPAR filter, and it's not able to filter bad fuel well enough to avoid a problem, good luck getting warranty coverage.

I still use MOPAR fuel filters. Doing it yourself saves plenty of money, so $30 bucks on Amazon vs. what a dealer would charge is plenty good enough for me.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 EcoD Laramie Longhorn CC 4x2
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by whitrock View Post
    we were having crank time issues so i bought two ifjf filters and installed within 3,000 mi. of each other and both we distorted somewhat, the black plastic and the blue seal. Going to stick with mopar filter from now on.
    Thanks for you report.
    I haven't been on the forum since getting the claim check back in late July.

I am at about 11,000 on the iFJF filter. I had a CEL for P0087-Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too Low back on 05/31 at 4,000 miles on the filter, but didn't even think it might have to do with the filter at the time. Zero issues since clearing the code.
    I usually change the fuel filter every other oil change, about 18,000 miles. I will probably change it a little early this time before doing a 3,000 mile round trip to Arkansas next month.
    I will be ordering the Mopar OEM filter for that change, but will report on the iFPF filter condition when I pull it.
    Averaging a little over 25MPG/tank, hand calculated, which is about 1MPG better than when using the Mopar OEM filters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links